Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Curious to hear how long it takes to get fixed. I have a bad feeling you might be waiting for a while.
I thought the sands dunes guy had his back in a week. They overnighted a new engine to the dealer.
Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've always thought the 2.7 to be one of the best Ecoboosts. The CGI block and overall design seems to be robust. There are many units with 200K+ miles.
seems like it is a fine engine, but you never know in a new installation, might be a cooling system design defect where air bubbles form from horizontal inclination or slight change in oil line packaging that makes them prone to get hot and drop valves. Not overly concerned myself, however if they start racking up failures...

OP
OP
Broncoshrimp

Broncoshrimp

Badlands
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Curious to hear how long it takes to get fixed. I have a bad feeling you might be waiting for a while.
Service advisor told me they can get the engine within 2 business days.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yikes
But sounds like everything to repair it is happening as it should in a timely fashion.

mmcq

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP from the prior dropped valve thread. Sorry to hear this happened to you and hope they get you back on the road quickly! Let me know if there's anything I can do to help your situation.

My new engine has about 1300 miles on it, no issues so far. Replacement engine took only a few days to be put in, looked like it was installed quite well, all hoses & cables in engine bay look just like it came off the line, etc. so there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

I've heard rumblings of another 2.7 with the same issue (Kansas or Missouri?), so it's starting to sound like there may be a quality issue here. Hopefully impact is very minimal and Ford figures it out before too many more are impacted.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Broncoshrimp

Broncoshrimp

Badlands
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP from the prior dropped valve thread. Sorry to hear this happened to you and hope they get you back on the road quickly! Let me know if there's anything I can do to help your situation.

My new engine has about 1300 miles on it, no issues so far. Replacement engine took only a few days to be put in, looked like it was installed quite well, all hoses & cables in engine bay look just like it came off the line, etc. so there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

I've heard rumblings of another 2.7 with the same issue (Kansas or Missouri?), so it's starting to sound like there may be a quality issue here. Hopefully impact is very minimal and Ford figures it out before too many more are impacted.
Thanks for the info! Good to hear you aren’t having any issues with the new engine, too! I talked to the dealer yesterday, they still haven’t received the new engine from Ford, they are hopeful that it should be in today or Monday. 🤞

I was told yesterday that it was cylinder 2.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Broncoshrimp

Broncoshrimp

Badlands
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just wanted to give everyone an update.

Bad news: my Bronco is still in the shop. Somehow the engine was lost in shipping for almost a month. The dealer received the engine last Wednesday. I got a call from the service manager yesterday saying they pulled the old engine, haven't put new engine in yet because they now need to order a manifold. Ughhh. I was also told that the manifold is on backorder, but will be released on Friday (in which dealer will call me Monday to find out how long it will take to get the manifold).

I called Ford this morning. I REALLY REALLY don't want them to buyback my Bronco, I'd like to swap for a new Bronco but is that even realistic? Then again, I'm not sure I want to keep this Bronco. I'm in Michigan and it should meet lemon law guidelines (30 days or more out of service). If they fix this Bronco, what does that do to the value?!

I'm just super frustrated right now. I'm paying for a vehicle I cannot drive, dealer doesn't have any loaner cars to spare....not to mention I'm super embarrassed by this huge failure in this vehicle. All my non-Ford friends are giving me crap about it.

What is everyone's thoughts on this?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I understand, I have made 4 payments on a vehicle that hasn't been delivered. Frustrating as hell.

OP
OP
Broncoshrimp

Broncoshrimp

Badlands
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I understand, I have made 4 payments on a vehicle that hasn't been delivered. Frustrating as hell.
Is your Bronco getting replaced??

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is your Bronco getting replaced??
It's at Dirt Mountain Storage Complex, plenty of time for them to destroy it or drop a valve when it finally arrives (08/05 build date). It has not been even delivered yet... It's a wonky military deal.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Broncoshrimp

Broncoshrimp

Badlands
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's at Dirt Mountain Storage Complex, plenty of time for them to destroy it or drop a valve when it finally arrives (08/05 build date). It has not been even delivered yet... It's a wonky military deal.
Ahhhhh. Gotcha. Hopefully no issues once you get it home. This whole experience has been a cluster for everyone.

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would think that starting and stopping all the time is not good for quality on any assembly line. That goes for the companies who make the individual parts , companies that assemble the parts into engines and obviously the Ford assembly line.

hopefully this generation Of vehicles doesn’t become known as the Covid cars

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Update:
Just wanted to give everyone an update.

Bad news: my Bronco is still in the shop. Somehow the engine was lost in shipping for almost a month. The dealer received the engine last Wednesday. I got a call from the service manager yesterday saying they pulled the old engine, haven't put new engine in yet because they now need to order a manifold. Ughhh. I was also told that the manifold is on backorder, but will be released on Friday (in which dealer will call me Monday to find out how long it will take to get the manifold).

I called Ford this morning. I REALLY REALLY don't want them to buyback my Bronco, I'd like to swap for a new Bronco but is that even realistic? Then again, I'm not sure I want to keep this Bronco. I'm in Michigan and it should meet lemon law guidelines (30 days or more out of service). If they fix this Bronco, what does that do to the value?!

I'm just super frustrated right now. I'm paying for a vehicle I cannot drive, dealer doesn't have any loaner cars to spare....not to mention I'm super embarrassed by this huge failure in this vehicle. All my non-Ford friends are giving me crap about it.

What is everyone's thoughts on this?

I had an issue yesterday with my Badlands 2.7. Bought and picked up on July 21, we’ve put roughly 2400 miles on her (took an awesome trip up to High Rock at the very top of the Keweenaw Peninsula) and everything has been great so far. Yesterday, I noticed some loss of power in acceleration while driving, pulled over and put her in park. Turned off for about 5 minutes and then tried to restart, wouldn’t turn over.
Luckily, this happened about half a mile away from my dealer, so we just hooked a tow strap up and sadly limped her into their service bay.

The dealer called me this morning and said they got ahold of Ford last night. Somehow, somewhere the engine dropped a valve and that Ford is replacing the entire engine….

Anyone else have this experience?
Respectfully, who cares about your non Ford friends opinions

Wsorry about your situation. Bound to happen to someone and you picked the short straw. I hope for the best resolution

Edit: meant to say sorry about your situation-- oops. Typo!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Broncoshrimp

Broncoshrimp

Badlands
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Respectfully, who cares about your non Ford friends opinions

Wsorry about your situation. Bound to happen to someone and you picked the short straw. I hope for the best resolution

Edit: meant to say sorry about your situation-- oops. Typo!
Umm..yeah, I’m not saying my friends are giving me constant grief. Just that it’s another factor to this whole shit storm that Ford has created.

What I’m really looking for is some advice as to how to get the best possible outcome from others that have gone through the same situation (whether it’s a Ford vehicle or not)