First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I called Ford this morning. I REALLY REALLY don't want them to buyback my Bronco, I'd like to swap for a new Bronco but is that even realistic? Then again, I'm not sure I want to keep this Bronco. I'm in Michigan and it should meet lemon law guidelines (30 days or more out of service). If they fix this Bronco, what does that do to the value?!

Would you buy a car that had it's engine replaced? I personally won't unless it is heavily discounted from other comparables.
Sponsored

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Jay is gone. Pretty quick action by some higher-ups, I guess. Sad that to get information about a car we all purchased, we have to get it from insiders, and they get disappeared.
"Deleted member 26829"

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Would you buy a car that had it's engine replaced? I personally won't unless it is heavily discounted from other comparables.
My 99 Miata shelled-out its motor in the first few thousand miles for a bad thrust bearing (affected thousands of Miatas that year). They replaced the motor and I never had a day of trouble with that engine or car that I didn't directly cause (e.g. rolling it upside down caused excessive wear on the paint job as it slid 30 MPH inverted on pavement with me in it). Engine and transmission were still fine.

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My 99 Miata shelled-out its motor in the first few thousand miles for a bad thrust bearing (affected thousands of Miatas that year). They replaced the motor and I never had a day of trouble with that engine or car that I didn't directly cause (e.g. rolling it upside down caused excessive wear on the paint job as it slid 30 MPH inverted on pavement with me in it). Engine and transmission were still fine.

That's not the point, my question is, you are shopping for cars, Bronco A clean history, no issues or anything, Bronco B, the engine was replaced, priced the same, would you pay the same for both?

I won't, neither Carvana, Vroom, Shift, Carmax, AutoNation or anyone at auction, the OP is thinking of value, unless he intends to keep his car for at least 5-7 more years, he should get rid of it now and cut his loss.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Broncoshrimp

Broncoshrimp

Badlands
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Right!! I wouldn't either. I'd need to negotiate a discount with Ford to keep this Bronco, if that's the case. Not sure if that's even possible.

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Right!! I wouldn't either. I'd need to negotiate a discount with Ford to keep this Bronco, if that's the case. Not sure if that's even possible.

You can try, see if you can get priority 1 on a 2022 model or maybe MSRP swap on another FORD if that's even possible, they may give you longer warranty but take that only if you intend to hold long.
Me personally, If I failed to get a big discount or get prioritized for another Bronco, then I would just go the Lemon Law route and get rid of the car.

93_SVT_3503

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150, 1967 Bronco U-14, 1993 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Jay is gone. Pretty quick action by some higher-ups, I guess. Sad that to get information about a car we all purchased, we have to get it from insiders, and they get disappeared.
"Deleted member 26829"
I'm betting Ford saw that and had a little communication with Doug about it. I'm surprised his posts are still there. There probably won't be a recall if they can pinpoint all the vins that are affected by it, if the info was true.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

DM me your VIN please, I'd like to check your engine serial number.

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In your opinion, is the 2.3L powerful enough to power a badlands sas 4 door w/35's or bigger?

Sponsored

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

THANKS!!! My God Boss she's a beauty!! I'm sure you're all smiles ear to ear.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Wait, has it already been revealed how to determine when a motor was built?

I have about 1500 trouble-free miles on my 2.7 right now, but am departing on a multi-state move in a couple weeks here and want to know if I should be listening for a small nuclear explosion happening on the drive.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wait, has it already been revealed how to determine when a motor was built?

I have about 1500 trouble-free miles on my 2.7 right now, but am departing on a multi-state move in a couple weeks here and want to know if I should be listening for a small nuclear explosion happening on the drive.
I just asked a guy on facebook that had a 2.7L drop a valve when his engine was built. It was actually produced after mine which isn't reassuring. Mine was July 29th and his was August 4th. So that debunks the "april-only" theory. Plus he said they would mainly be noisy and not just blow up, which is not what we've seen from the 5-6 failures so far.

Here's what flip sent me:

Engine Code Information Label

The engine code information label, located on the rear of the vacuum pump and on the LH valve cover, contains the following:

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

ItemDescription
1Engine plant
2Drive type
3Vehicle line
4Engine displacement
5Engine part number
6Engine build date YYDDD (DDD=Julian Date [001-365])
Sponsored