Sponsored

Anyone got a reservation? Getting stuck trying to get by . . .

Joe Brony

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape :(
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Still won’t log me in :mad::cry:
Sponsored

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford Bronco Anyone got a reservation?  Getting stuck trying to get by . . . Bronco Conf.PNG

I got through around 10 p.m.... after clearing my cookies and refreshing every time the error page popped up.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got my 2 door Badlands deposit in at 1am with no problem.

Dirt Monkey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 2017 Volvo XC90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How is it possible I still can't get past the login screen. Cleared cache, cookies, tried new accounts, password resets, different browsers ... nothing has worked.

Adrenalista

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
There really isn't much point, aside from being one of the first to get one.
There’s a lot of point...
The low entry $$ for reservation is intended to be attractive. Not a deterrent. It’s not a huge hurdle and refundable. So this isn’t about exclusivity. The limited edition is already exclusive - that’s just about who is first in line.
For all the others, you get your early place in line for delivery.

Ford gets:

Market hype (X number reserved on day 1). Remember Tesla?? Bragging rights?

Market research, if people are putting some money down it’s probably a more predictive indicator of actual demand than everyone just saying they want one online.
Knowledge for how much to build inventory to. Based on model. With the impact of Covid, knowing your future market demand and what customers are intending to buy is a huge edge in planning your labor/production strategy.

Value - helps raise the initial sale price. Your negotiating power is minimal unless Ford lets you change dealers prior to final order.

Dealers/market is hurting. It’s a win for them that’s sorely needed, and I get to have my hands on it first.

Early access (possibly exclusivity overall if production volume can’t meet demand) is what you gain at a possible trade off of negotiating power. But Ford gets a lot that’s of value to their market strategy by doing it this way.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Dirt Monkey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 2017 Volvo XC90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How is it possible I still can't get past the login screen. Cleared cache, cookies, tried new accounts, password resets, different browsers ... nothing has worked.
Was finally able to get it reserved through password reset, which hadn't been working for me up until just now. And now the wait. :)

cybersal

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Got through around 1030pm eastern time. (My shift ends at 10pm and did not attempt to make a reservation on my phone. Did get to watch the reveal live while on break.) I got the "white screen" error on the first attempt, but was successful on the second try. Though my Rewards Pass account indicates I've placed two reservations but only shows one number. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks.

Still no confirmation email from Ford but the reservation is in my account.

B1GC335

Wildtrak
First Name
miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford f150, Lexus rx350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I feel your pain it took me multiple tries for 5 hrs to reserve. what worked for me was stepping away for 1 hr, logging in to ford 1st thru my phone not connected to my wifi, went into my account and went to reservations on my account page. thru there I looked up vehicles and selected the bronco, and it finally worked. Goodluck

Sponsored

B1GC335

Wildtrak
First Name
miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford f150, Lexus rx350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Got through around 1030pm eastern time. (My shift ends at 10pm and did not attempt to make a reservation on my phone. Did get to watch the reveal live while on break.) I got the "white screen" error on the first attempt, but was successful on the second try. Though my Rewards Pass account indicates I've placed two reservations but only shows one number. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks.

Still no confirmation email from Ford but the reservation is in my account.
same it says I have 2 reservations but only shows one number and nothing else. Maybe we get 2 for the price of 1??? A man can dream right?

PR4X4

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ and Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You all who made a reservation are lucky. I'm in Puerto Rico and the reservation site doesn't recognize any zip on the island as valid. Plenty of Ford dealers we get all the same models here. Oh well, I guess I can wait a little longer.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There’s a lot of point...
The low entry $$ for reservation is intended to be attractive. Not a deterrent. It’s not a huge hurdle and refundable. So this isn’t about exclusivity. The limited edition is already exclusive - that’s just about who is first in line.
For all the others, you get your early place in line for delivery.

Ford gets:

Market hype (X number reserved on day 1). Remember Tesla?? Bragging rights?

Market research, if people are putting some money down it’s probably a more predictive indicator of actual demand than everyone just saying they want one online.
Knowledge for how much to build inventory to. Based on model. With the impact of Covid, knowing your future market demand and what customers are intending to buy is a huge edge in planning your labor/production strategy.

Value - helps raise the initial sale price. Your negotiating power is minimal unless Ford lets you change dealers prior to final order.

Dealers/market is hurting. It’s a win for them that’s sorely needed, and I get to have my hands on it first.

Early access (possibly exclusivity overall if production volume can’t meet demand) is what you gain at a possible trade off of negotiating power. But Ford gets a lot that’s of value to their market strategy by doing it this way.
You're correct, you're looking at it from Ford's perspective. My comment was looking at it from purely a buyer's standpoint, which is what the poster was asking about - unless you were wanting/able to get a quantity limited First Edition model, there's really no benefit to a buyer aside from having a place in line for production. Otherwise, a reservation doesn't get you anything.

RunninRiot

Badlands
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What dealership? Im trying to get my reservation in right now, no dice yet.
Sill-TerHar. In retrospect I might have been too honest with him. He was asking whether I had to have the FE I reserved or I was open to others. He mentioned some people he called said “FE or nothing.” Hopefully he doesn’t give mine away knowing I’d be just as happy with a Badlands. Head over to the CO regional buying thread. We can trade war stories over there.

Mitragorz

First Edition
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PIckups
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Sill-TerHar. In retrospect I might have been too honest with him. He was asking whether I had to have the FE I reserved or I was open to others. He mentioned some people he called said “FE or nothing.” Hopefully he doesn’t give mine away knowing I’d be just as happy with a Badlands. Head over to the CO regional buying thread. We can trade war stories over there.
The problem is that this reservation system doesn't guarantee you a truck at all. Not only am I sure that they issued out more than 3500 reservations for the First Edition, I'm sure that there will be folks with money willing to pay $10k, $15k, maybe even more over sticker to get their hands on one, essentially knocking out the folks like me who go in thinking "hell, $60k isn't that bad for the cool factor" and folks like you (and me also) that would be willing to go down to a lower model.

MIght not be as much of a problem at a rural dealer but, here on Long Island, I'm fully expecting to get bumped. Too many people with F*** You money.
Sponsored