Sponsored

BL Sas, 2.7L,.... is this Bronco my last gas powered vehicle?

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Badlands Sas is absolutely my last gas vehicle. Looking to keep it until there are two, or three electric trucks to test drive. If I absolutely like one I will sell Bronco and make the switch to electric.
Sponsored

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I cannot predict if it is your last gas powered vehicle but i do not plan on it being my last one.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That would be my current plan, hope to drive the Bronco for many years (my current Taco is turning 18 this year) and by then any tech obstacles will long be solved for electric or some other tech. Lots of interesting new battery tech showing up too, a bit over my head, but promising.

If I'd just be looking for a commute car right now I'd most likely go electric but I don't have a commute, so this is mostly errands, kids to school, and then hopefully fun drives on weekends and hitting some trails.

My wife will need something new once (if) she has to go into work every day again instead of work from home, she'd be looking at something electric.

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Well I'll be dipped. That looks easier then working on my Jeep! But can you put 35's and a Bilstein Suspension on a Chevy Bolt? 😛
LOL. I think anything is possible. Ask StreetSpeed717

Last edited:

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I always thought we'd put way more effort into hydrogen especially since existing ICE vehicles could be converted, in theory.🤷🏼‍♂️

But yeah, I'm expecting my BadSquatch to be, if not my last, very near to my last new ICE vehicle.

Sponsored

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My next Bronco will be the Nucleon edition. Ford Nucleon 1957

ford-nucleon-nuclear-car.jpg

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ev’s have there place as a short distance runner to keep costs down. Hybrid will be the way for quite a few years. Once they figure a better way to create hydrogen, it will take over unless they come up with something better by then. Ev’s don’t stand a chance in the big trucking industry. They are pushed politically and therefore will make a great run for sure. Whoever is in charge at the time gets to allocate money in the direction they want to go (which is usually in the companies there invested in). Don’t kid yourself, It was never about the environment it’s only about the money.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My next Bronco will be the Nucleon edition. Ford Nucleon 1957

Ford Bronco BL Sas, 2.7L,....    is this Bronco my last gas powered vehicle? ford-nucleon-nuclear-car
I remember having a Hot Wheel like this! Thanks for the memory bump.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Gas engines won't go away anytime soon. All these car companies can focus on ev all they want, but the other thing that is just as important is charging stations. Tons of people do not live in houses where they can have their own charging station. What about the crap ton of people that live in apartments? The industry will grow, but it will take some time.

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I remember having a Hot Wheel like this! Thanks for the memory bump.
I still have a few vintage ones. I guess that makes me vintage too.

Sponsored

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ev’s have there place as a short distance runner to keep costs down. Hybrid will be the way for quite a few years. Once they figure a better way to create hydrogen, it will take over unless they come up with something better by then. Ev’s don’t stand a chance in the big trucking industry. They are pushed politically and therefore will make a great run for sure. Whoever is in charge at the time gets to allocate money in the direction they want to go (which is usually in the companies there invested in). Don’t kid yourself, It was never about the environment it’s only about the money.
Hydrogen is another dream. Short answer - it can’t be easily contained (small atom leaks through everything), it’s 1/3 the energy density of natural gas, and it takes gobs of energy to make. Check hydrogen embrittlement, hydrogen reforming, and hydrogen storage for more info, but get past the unscientific pro-hydrogen articles which are being force-fed to you for a more balanced perspective.

In methane reforming you are taking CH4 and cracking it into 2H2 + C. This takes 33% of the energy of methane just to make the hydrogen, which now needs 3 times more storage (tanks and caverns typically) because of it’s density. Now try to keep it in a tank on your car...more problems.

All of this energy wasted in converting a perfectly good fuel source into something inferior - to save the world from an essential and beneficial CO2 molecule. It’s asinine in concept and will be extremely difficult and expensive in practice to implement. This too will pass...

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If I had the money I would get the 392 Wrangler. Remember,,, the world was supposed to run out of oil in the '80's. The electric grid cannot handle a million EV's. It will take many years and a trillion dollars to get it ready. You still can't drive from Huston to Denver due to no charging stations. The EV mfg's can't decide on a charging format. Remember that electricity is not free, it burns oil, coal, gas. Building batteries causes pollution. Laws and regs,,,LOLLOLOLOL!!!! It's against the law to fire a gun in the city.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There’s no reason for it to be your last one other than you wanting it to be.

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My company moves millions of tons of cargo every year using hybrid tech. Diesel engines to produce electricity and electric motors to move the trains. Modern locomotives employ many eco friendly components.

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hydrogen is another dream. Short answer - it can’t be easily contained (small atom leaks through everything), it’s 1/3 the energy density of natural gas, and it takes gobs of energy to make. Check hydrogen embrittlement, hydrogen reforming, and hydrogen storage for more info, but get past the unscientific pro-hydrogen articles which are being force-fed to you for a more balanced perspective.

In methane reforming you are taking CH4 and cracking it into 2H2 + C. This takes 33% of the energy of methane just to make the hydrogen, which now needs 3 times more storage (tanks and caverns typically) because of it’s density. Now try to keep it in a tank on your car...more problems.

All of this energy wasted in converting a perfectly good fuel source into something inferior - to save the world from an essential and beneficial CO2 molecule. It’s asinine in concept and will be extremely difficult and expensive in practice to implement. This too will pass...
nothing gets force fed to me and everything comes to pass sooner or later. I have already read all that is bad on hydrogen. I only said I think it’s better then EV’s and until they come up with a better plan it’s the more viable option. I am sure there are better ideas out there if they will allow us to have them.
Sponsored