First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some things i agree and completely understand...it just more of a common sense thing. Regardless of not having a VIN, Build date, whatever...even if you have price sheet signed etc it should be honored by that MY pricing! I know the sleazy fine print that enables them to wiggle out of the agreement but that's the problem period.

To subject people to price hike; AND they (FORD) cant even complete orders prior to accepting new ones? Then you have this shoddy allocation formula where most people would have had their orders by now...everything was FUBAR from the jump. Where is the common sense here by Ford? Simply said the year you confirm/submit your order should be price protected point blank period for the (3) years same that they are giving the day 1-3 people. When we consumers side with reason as to why, is when things keep happening......yet if people didnt buy and cancelled there orders im sure Ford would suggest otherwise.

Every major car company even electronics are subject to the chip shortages....perhaps Ford should have looked at their "inventory" and allocate resources accordingly prior to continuing to mass produce vehicles and not deliver on early orders. Why not hold off on new orders until they catch up? This is a hot vehicle and will be in demand.....6G is piece of the thousands of would be first time Ford buyers might just walk away ( my guess) from annoyance of this whole process.

If I came into this as a new order last month, or recent im expecting to pay at that MSRP. if im someone who ordered day 4, or back with reservation was a thing and submitted their order ive been subject to now 2-3 price hikes...Thats crazy and to see people walking into dealers and getting VIN# asap...what?!?!? lol
Great points.

My only thought is, with my rudimentary working knowledge of manufacturing, is that Ford, like others, have to plan, schedule, order material, and budget months to (likely) years in advance of production. Trying to get it right in today’s world would be extremely challenging. Given the intense interest in the Bronco I’m guessing Ford is trying to meet demand (it’s money in their pockets) and planning best-case/worst-case scenarios. Worst case planning likely involves the PFO letters and OMG price increases being dumped on consumers. Ford has nothing to gain by pi$$ing off customers so I don’t think these actions are the ones Ford wanted to do.

I understand the grief and pi$$ed-offedness, but a deeper understanding of the situation may help ease frustrations.

As for walk-ins getting orders ahead of reservations, this has been discussed in threads long past. Remember that MAP has a phackton of employees and is set up to pump out, from memory, close to 1000 Broncos and Rangers combined per shift. If they have parts to assemble certain models and are restricted on others, they must feed what they can into the MAP machine. Walk-ins aren’t taking away constrained models to the best of my knowledge.
Sponsored

Skeeterjack

Outer Banks
First Name
RON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018MUSTANG GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Did a 2022 price/build OB to match what i bought and its up $5,500. over what i paid. If you add the tax I’m in Defender territory. I’m lucky to have dodged the Ford built.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Im pretty much at this same spot...this was timing up cause i needed a winter vehicle but im going to just look at an older Rubi and call it. Horrible experience...
Sorry to hear that.

Had you thought about keeping your reservation (at a locked-in price) and also buying at this time an off-the-shelf Bronco? You could then sell the one Bronco when your order comes in…

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ive had all I can take at this point....called my dealer and canceled my order for good. It was over 1.5 year of waiting (some of you longer than that). Just cannot live life like this and have never see such a horrible product launch in my life...and yet we live in a world where all of automotive is struggling. Maybe in 15 years from now we will start to see articles around "Where Ford Went Wrong" and they will purely put the finger on the new Ford Bronco. Just too much for me at this point.

But the good news is I am now off to take that money and invest into a FJ40 restoration I have been dreaming about for some time. And I now control my own destiny once again...#breakingthechains
Can you please make sure the order is completely cancelled to free up constraints?

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For those of us that have our Broncos already (or have price protection) - which is most of us - this is GOOD news. It’s like buying a stock, and then finding out it has gone up in value!
well considering a decent portion paid some form of adm it's just getting a bit back they've already paid.

Sponsored

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hopefully the water intrusion on my Ice Mountain soft top didn't wipe away the price on the window sticker :D

BucknB

Base
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Prius
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sorry to hear that.

Had you thought about keeping your reservation (at a locked-in price) and also buying at this time an off-the-shelf Bronco? You could then sell the one Bronco when your order comes in…

Im leaning both ways; didnt make my decision yet but im at that point. Assuming the Bronco dealer i go through is going to honor it; granted i added just an engine block heater im tempted to just remove it to say i didn't change a thing and we agreed on the price.

For me to jump back on the line and sell at a high price would be no better than shady dealers.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Walk-ins aren’t taking away constrained models to the best of my knowledge.
For the most part, this is true. Someone waiting on a loaded Badlands shouldn't feel angry about someone walking in and buying a stripped down Big Bend soft top. It's effectively a different vehicle, in terms of Ford's capacity to manufacture it.

There are a few ways that walk-ins can hurt a reservation holder though:
  • Parts competition. Your Bronco has three constrained parts, the walk-in has one. Walk-in gets selected, now when your other two parts come in, there's one fewer of the third part.
  • Allocation hell. Your build is skipped due to lack of parts. Walk-ins buy buildable Broncos. Now your parts are ready, but your dealer has used up its allocations on walk-ins.
  • Dealer favoritism. You're waiting on a loaded truck, but you're way back in your dealer's line. Meanwhile, McAutoMall on the other side of the highway has already filled all or most of its reservations. Walk-in customer there orders the same truck as you did and gets scheduled ahead of you, further constraining parts.

Reactions: Jdc

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Im leaning both ways; didnt make my decision yet but im at that point. Assuming the Bronco dealer i go through is going to honor it; granted i added just an engine block heater im tempted to just remove it to say i didn't change a thing and we agreed on the price.

For me to jump back on the line and sell at a high price would be no better than shady dealers.
I wasn’t thinking to sell at a high price, more like sell at market price. Nothing wrong with that. I bought a 2018 Jeep Compass in 2019 for $29k CAD and sold it this January for $29k CAD. I could have got more but I was happy with breaking even and I know the person who bought it was grateful to have it. I keep good care of my vehicles…

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For the most part, this is true. Someone waiting on a loaded Badlands shouldn't feel angry about someone walking in and buying a stripped down Big Bend soft top. It's effectively a different vehicle, in terms of Ford's capacity to manufacture it.

There are a few ways that walk-ins can hurt a reservation holder though:
  • Parts competition. Your Bronco has three constrained parts, the walk-in has one. Walk-in gets selected, now when your other two parts come in, there's one fewer of the third part.
  • Allocation hell. Your build is skipped due to lack of parts. Walk-ins buy buildable Broncos. Now your parts are ready, but your dealer has used up its allocations on walk-ins.
  • Dealer favoritism. You're waiting on a loaded truck, but you're way back in your dealer's line. Meanwhile, McAutoMall on the other side of the highway has already filled all or most of its reservations. Walk-in customer there orders the same truck as you did and gets scheduled ahead of you, further constraining parts.
I don’t disagree, but we’re back to the “keep feeding the MAP machine” conundrum. You gotta build what you have parts to build, or the whole process is going to shut down. That won’t help anyone.

Sponsored

anl

Badlands
First Name
andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like Ford increased the price again! What does that means to folks who already placed the order?

Base: $30,800/$34,700
Big Bend: $35,285/$37,380
Black Diamond: $37,950/$40,045
Outer Banks: $40,855/42,950
Badlands: $44,495/$46,590
Wildtrack: $49,780/$51,225

Updated with latest bulletin on price protection, posted by @notbuildingrockets

A bulletin was just emailed last night to employees:

To summarize price protection:

This program will run from Dec 16, 2021 - Dec 31, 2023.

Important to note are the dates listed and the fact that 100% of the price protection must be passed on to the customer, so ensure that your dealer is doing that. Ask your sales person and then ask their sales manager. Don't leave money on the table. We've already waited long enough and some of us have had mark-ups and other games played. Get every penny you can for the shit show that has been this ordering process!
IF THE PROGRAM RUNS THROUGH DEC.31,2023,R WE(SOME OF US) LOOKING AT ANOTHER ROLL OVER TO MY 23 4 OUR BRONCO????

DDBronco

Base
First Name
danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Base
I ordered my Bronco on 12/31/21 and got an order confirmation but notthing else. Its 2022 model do you guys think I'm good or will I be charged this extra price?

With a year wait and price increase I might just drop my order and buy a truck

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
ouch, inflation is out of control. It has been painful to see the prices climb at the gas pump and at the grocery store but seeing the big dollar change in some of these builds is terrible. It is sad to see the Bronco slipping out of the price range of average people. All the earlier broncos were a truck for the masses. But that is not the case anymore..

The worst part is as the price goes up the number of Broncos that make it on to the off-road trails will go down.

I guess we should expect an even bigger price jump when the 2023 bronco comes out?
Sponsored