First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry, I have to disagree to you, as well. A Bronco sport should have been your "go to", if you need the space. Plenty of 4 door options and keep the Bronco what it always was.
Thanks for telling me what I "need". I don't know how I can get through the rest of my life without expert coaching like this.
Sponsored

LABlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jeep TJ on 37" SSRs and 2010 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bronco Sport does not have removable doors and roof, front lockers, or a stick just to name a few. Most people who found it to be an acceptable alternative probably got one instead anyways, so we're more than likely having this conversation with people who didn't. These blanket "you should have..." or "just get a..." statements do nothing for the conversation. It's a little disappointing that this needs to be said to adults.
See, I was responding to what he said he needed, while you respond with wants. Choices in life come with decisions of what you need vs. what you want and compromises between the two. Do you know the difference there, Mr. Adult?

LABlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for telling me what I "need". I don't know how I can get through the rest of my life without expert coaching like this.
Your welcome, but I didn't tell you what you need, you said it. You need more room. I just said there are many 4 door options for you.

tomdaniel

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some people use their highly capable, off-road vehicles strictly to get groceries and haul children around and it shows.

LABlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm sorry your soft hearts can't take responses. Maybe a public forum isn't where you belong. Like all the other softies, you may need to keep your opinions to yourself, if you can't take someone giving back what you dish out.

Sponsored

LABlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some people use their highly capable, off-road vehicles strictly to get groceries and haul children around and it shows.
This guy gets it!!!

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm sorry your soft hearts can't take responses. Maybe a public forum isn't where you belong. Like all the other softies, you may need to keep your opinions to yourself, if you can't take someone giving back what you dish out.
Yeah... you posted four times in 10 minutes and are claiming that others "can't handle" the back-and-forth. Riiiiight.

And then you're lecturing about the difference between wants and needs on a vehicle that many users buy to go rock crawling? Like really? Let's take a deep breath and zoom out a little here.

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I suppose it's all in your perspective. I don't view a Bronco as a primary vehicle or a family vehicle so I don't want it to be big, I want it to be nimble. The 2dr length is about perfect but I'd like to see it be 6-8" narrower.
For me it has become my primary, so I needed to have 4 doors for passengers AND still have cargo space. And on my recent car camping/hunting trip, I would not have been able to sleep in the back in a 2-door. And doubtful that an Explorer/Expedition/F-150 could have made it up to where I went in the Montana mountains earlier this month.

I get that a large contingent of Bronco owners think the 2 door should have been the only option, but if that was the case, I would not be a Bronco owner.

There were several "must haves" that went into my decision process
1. 4 doors
2. manual transmission
3. hard top (not a soft top because of the climate I live in, and travel to) the open-air part was a bonus
4. real 4WD (vs AWD)

I was actually looking at older vehicles like a late 90s 4Runner or an 80s Land Cruiser and probably would own one of those if the new Bronco didn't come out.

Rock crawling or any kind of hard-core offroading was never why I considered a Bronco. Wasn't an interest before and even after the off-roadeo, not an interest now (but good to know what the Bronco is capable of thanks to the off-rodeo). And I needed something more rugged than an Explorer-type vehicle with a manual. There really aren't any other modern options to the Bronco.

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am good, my wife's vagina is not a clown car.

Sponsored

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Make a Stretch Limousine Bronco model, then all the Stupidity Bases are covered.

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

But does it have an electronically disconnecting sway bar?
Well she an wireless electronic device with 12 goat modes and it blows her doors and top off.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would think the Bronco name right now is more tied to offroad and utilitarian design. I would love a Bronco full size with 4 doors, rear locker and wash out floors. Expedition is just to upscale, low clearance and frivolous for my taste.

I am super upset with the Jeep Grand Wagoneer and Ford Expedition offerings. Got to spend $500 for rubber floor mats just to go to the dog park. Sad part is all the wasted space.

LABlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah... you posted four times in 10 minutes and are claiming that others "can't handle" the back-and-forth. Riiiiight.

And then you're lecturing about the difference between wants and needs on a vehicle that many users buy to go rock crawling? Like really? Let's take a deep breath and zoom out a little here.
Your getting butt-hurt, you interjected yourself with pain in your words, which I more than welcome. No, I was specifically talking about your wants (remember the removable doors, windows, manual trans, etc.) and actual needs. I never mentioned rock-crawling and no, most are not rock crawling. Most are in the city, at the mall.

Maybe you need to zoom in, remember what you say and stay on topic.

LABlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For me it has become my primary, so I needed to have 4 doors for passengers AND still have cargo space. And on my recent car camping/hunting trip, I would not have been able to sleep in the back in a 2-door. And doubtful that an Explorer/Expedition/F-150 could have made it up to where I went in the Montana mountains earlier this month.

I get that a large contingent of Bronco owners think the 2 door should have been the only option, but if that was the case, I would not be a Bronco owner.

There were several "must haves" that went into my decision process
1. 4 doors
2. manual transmission
3. hard top (not a soft top because of the climate I live in, and travel to) the open-air part was a bonus
4. real 4WD (vs AWD)

I was actually looking at older vehicles like a late 90s 4Runner or an 80s Land Cruiser and probably would own one of those if the new Bronco didn't come out.

Rock crawling or any kind of hard-core offroading was never why I considered a Bronco. Wasn't an interest before and even after the off-roadeo, not an interest now (but good to know what the Bronco is capable of thanks to the off-rodeo). And I needed something more rugged than an Explorer-type vehicle with a manual. There really aren't any other modern options to the Bronco.
I respect that you wanted it and they offered it, just the way you wanted and needed. What I am saying is Ford should kept it a 2 door only. If Chevy offered a Corvette in a 4 door, don't you think someone that always wanted one, but needed 4 doors, would buy it? Of course, but don't expect the Corvette owners to be ok with that configuration.

Please don't get me wrong. I'm happy that you are happy. Just like adding modifications, you might like the look, but don't expect everyone to like it and compliment your mods. And darn sure don't try to say they are wrong for not liking what you like.
Sponsored