Sponsored

Ford Performance tune good for 2023 2.7L?

bcb1

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I got my order into Lethal for my Ford Performance Calibration for 2.7 a couple weeks ago. Hopefully mine will be the first you ship out when they are back in stock 😁
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bluray1

Bluray1

Big Bend
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Chevy Avalanche, 2023 C8 Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I spoke with them yesterday and we're keeping our fingers crossed to hopefully see an approval by the end of this week. We'll keep everyone posted.

Thanks!
hey guys, any updates on if these are available now and programmed for the 23MY?

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
hey guys, any updates on if these are available now and programmed for the 23MY?
Monday of last week I was told they will hopefully launch the 2023 cals mid this week. As soon as I hear something I'll be sure to reply.

Thanks for your patience and let us know if there's anything else we can help you with in the meantime.

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Cali Bronco Badlands 2.7 Sasquatch owner. Any updates on CARB approval for this tune?
No word on CARB approval yet. As soon as we hear something we'll make sure to let everyone know.

Sponsored

ET13

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The Ford Performance Procal with calibration isn't available yet for the 2023's. They are awaiting emissions approval. Once that's been granted we'll post up letting everyone know.

In the meantime if you have any other questions please let us know.

Thanks!
Maybe you can answer this for me. I have the tune installed and when I look at the gauges on the module is showing my boost at -134. I understand there is a vacuum when no boost is being created but that number seems high and it never reaches a positive number.

blacksapphirez

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

DIVIOSDI

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@LethalPerformance
Hey Jared. While we are waiting here in Cali, can you make any suggestions about which tune performs better? JB4 vs Ford Performance? I've seen your videos on the JB4 and was pretty impressed with the dyno results you guys got. Could you expect similar results from the Ford Performance tune, and what other differences, considerations would there be? Worth noting that it is very hard to get 93 octane here. There is only one station in East Bay that sells race fuel, 94 and higher. I guess that would play a part in the differences since 91 would be the norm.

I'm seriously considering the JB4, since it doesn't actually flash the ECU and.... it's available :rolleyes:

PS Love your videos and dedication to the Bronco community!

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

@LethalPerformance
Hey Jared. While we are waiting here in Cali, can you make any suggestions about which tune performs better? JB4 vs Ford Performance? I've seen your videos on the JB4 and was pretty impressed with the dyno results you guys got. Could you expect similar results from the Ford Performance tune, and what other differences, considerations would there be? Worth noting that it is very hard to get 93 octane here. There is only one station in East Bay that sells race fuel, 94 and higher. I guess that would play a part in the differences since 91 would be the norm.

I'm seriously considering the JB4, since it doesn't actually flash the ECU and.... it's available :rolleyes:

PS Love your videos and dedication to the Bronco community!
I'll chime in here ...I've had both the JB4 and the ford performance tune.

I bought the JB4 way back when they were blacklisted from this site and had to fight and argue to keep posts about the JB4 from being deleted by the Moderator....finally they realized the JB4 was ok when a paying vendor began offering it.

JB4 does make noticeable more power in setting 3 and above. HOWEVER you do need high octane or e85 mixed fuel to get the most outta JB4.

the ford performance tune helps the shift points, alot, and the power increase is decent.

if e85 was more readily available in my area I would run both the ford tune and the JB4.

Badlandslux

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 Rebel, 2020 Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While I can't speak for sport mode ( I have a badlands), low end shift points are much smoother. Noticeable difference! Also, passing on the highway is effortless between 65 and 80 mph. I really love this warranty backed tune

Sponsored

98infinity

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150, 20 Road King, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Does the "tune" get you more MPG?

DIVIOSDI

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll chime in here ...I've had both the JB4 and the ford performance tune.

I bought the JB4 way back when they were blacklisted from this site and had to fight and argue to keep posts about the JB4 from being deleted by the Moderator....finally they realized the JB4 was ok when a paying vendor began offering it.

JB4 does make noticeable more power in setting 3 and above. HOWEVER you do need high octane or e85 mixed fuel to get the most outta JB4.

the ford performance tune helps the shift points, alot, and the power increase is decent.

if e85 was more readily available in my area I would run both the ford tune and the JB4.

I didn't think the Bronco was a flex fuel vehicle that could run E85. I'd just be happy if there was a station within 60 miles of me that had 93.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I didn't think the Bronco was a flex fuel vehicle that could run E85. I'd just be happy if there was a station within 60 miles of me that had 93.
it's not flex fuel ...my post clearly said "e85 mixed" meaning my own e85/93+octane mix. I've tried up to a 50/50 mix and it makes a BIG difference! feels like 450hp or more. almost as fast as my 520hp cayenne was, when on the 50/50 mix and setting 4 on JB4.
Sponsored