Sponsored

How much would you pay for a V8 in the Bronco?

Up to what would you pay for a V8 option?

• Total voters

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
New guy here, but one who's pretty well-informed on what's going on with the new Bronco. Also a regular on Mustang6G.

I wanted to poll you guys about what is the most you'd consider paying for a V8 in this thing? Not a troll post, actually trying to get data. Please be reasonable and honest.
Your question asks how much we would pay for the V8 option but the pricing seems to be how much for the whole vehicle. Wouldn't it make more sense to ask how much someone would pay specifically for the V8 upgrade? If I was already going to pay $50K for a non-V8 Bronco, how would you know whether I checked the $50K box or $60K box what that actually means?
Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Maybe your poll should be, how much EXTRA would you be willing to pay for a V8 in the Bronco?

Because from where I stand, the V8 should be available in EVERY trim, or at the very least, start in the Big Bend. At which point, I'd probably be willing to pay $3k-$5k extra for the V8. I'll gladly take a N/A V8 over this turbo crap any day!

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Does this range $30-$60K include the Bronco? Or just adding the V8.
Who cares about a V8, is it like a symbolic thing to have one or something?
I guess if it was NA and had decent fuel economy I could consider.
But its not a need for power
I would rather listen to a V8 than a 4 or 6.

Bronco is the wife's car though and she doesn't care.

That_Hal

Badlands
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and Volvo S90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Funny thing is the V8 engine is the down graded engine in the F150. Go look at the build and pricing it cost less.

broncoskip

Outer Banks
First Name
Broncoskip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For $25k I would just buy a mint 1979 and have two Broncos.

Sponsored

UncleBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not voting because there is no "I wouldn't" option. The biggest motor I think the Bronco needs is the 3.5 HO. The biggest motor I think they'll likely fit in the thing is the 3.0 that is currently in the explorer ST.

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Pretty much zero, since I'm not even willing to pay an extra $2K for the V6.

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Nothing more. I think V8 time is done. I grew up with them, but see little point in it now.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Funny thing is the V8 engine is the down graded engine in the F150. Go look at the build and pricing it cost less.
Oh hell yeah, sign me up then!! I'll take a $2k+ discount to opt for the V8. ?

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not voting because there is no "I wouldn't" option. The biggest motor I think the Bronco needs is the 3.5 HO. The biggest motor I think they'll likely fit in the thing is the 3.0 that is currently in the explorer ST.
Yup, I'd happily spend a little more over what I'm ready to spend on the 2.7L to get the 3.5. It's not like the towing capacity is going to get any better with a V8 in this vehicle so what's the point? As it is I'm sure I'll be fine with the 2.7L.

Sponsored

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It is pretty high ranking in the Mustang.

Neither the 2.3 or 2.7 is top dog in either the Mustang or the F-150...

I would rather have a pushrod V8 like the 7.3 or the rumored 6.7 though, the Coyote is freaking huge and it would be a PITA to work on shoehorned into a Bronco. The 6.7 is still kinda big displacementwise for a Bronco but compact V8's have not been Ford's forte for over 20 years so there isn't much to pick from.

I don't need more power than even the 2.3, the simiplicity and sound of a V8 is kinda nice though.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It is pretty high ranking in the Mustang.

Neither the 2.3 or 2.7 is top dog in either the Mustang or the F-150...

I would rather have a pushrod V8 like the 7.3 or the rumored 6.7 though, the Coyote is freaking huge and it would be a PITA to work on shoehorned into a Bronco. The 6.7 is still kinda big displacementwise for a Bronco but compact V8's have not been Ford's forte for over 20 years so there isn't much to pick from.

I don't need more power than even the 2.3, the simiplicity and sound of a V8 is kinda nice though.
Yup, there is a reason another 50K LS's will be swapped into everything under the sun, before someone swaps a 2.7 ECO into something. Simplicity, tractability, throttle response, fitment (and of course cost). Hope the 7.3 or 6.8 takes off for Ford.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nothing more. I think V8 time is done. I grew up with them, but see little point in it now.

Yep. I grew up on small and big block V8s from the 60s and 70s. Todays V6s are just as good at everything except the feel and sound. I'd rather have a large displacement V6 from today in a modern vehicle than the natural aspirated V8s of my youth. At least in a vehicle the size of the Bronco. A full size truck is a different matter.

I have no interest in a V8 Bronco.

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yep. I grew up on small and big block V8s from the 60s and 70s. Todays V6s are just as good at everything except the feel and sound. I'd rather have a large displacement V6 from today in a modern vehicle than the natural aspirated V8s of my youth. At least in a vehicle the size of the Bronco. A full size truck is a different matter.

I have no interest in a V8 Bronco.
Agree, sound is sweet in a V8, or maybe just the sound we were used to hearing. I live in truck land, and all the loud piped V8's and Diesels just grate on my nerves now. Especially the ones who think they have race cars, and not slow trucks.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My assumption is that if Ford is planning a V8 option, they don't want to talk about it until the sales of the buzzy 4 cylinders and craptastic nasty sounding V6s start to taper off. Then they will come in with the V8.

At least that's what I'm hoping for. The current engines seem fine for an appliance, but just not very cool for a fancy garage queen (which is what I want). I want a Bronco, but only as a nice day cruiser with the roof off - not really as a daily commuter. If Ford sticks with the current engine options I'd probably get a classic Bronco before the new one.

And I'd pay a couple grand for the V8, and no sale if there is no V8.
Sponsored