Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would advise everyone to wait on this TSB. I'm nobody, but this doesn't make sense. The only way this is right is if due to improper lubrication 5 and 6 got damaged and Ford is preemptively replacing them and then assuming transmission will be filled with proper oil and correct level so this doesn't happen again. But either way I'm not trusting just anyone to replace those and take the whole transmission apart and put it back together proper.

I want to see anyone that actually wants and gets the TSB and let us know what happens. I assume a transmission will be replaced after that.

And I want to see anyone that actually gets around to replace oil and possibly overfills it a bit to see if it fixes the issue.

Stop with the Chinese shit... We get it we all want overpriced stuff build in the US so we can pay of the mafia guys that run all unions, but that's not how the world works.
I want German engineering done by American workers at Chinese prices. If Ford can’t give me that I’m out!!
Sponsored

Sponsored

saban

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Heard it today. Extremely slight noise. Goes away when engine temp went past 150F. Sucks but gonna see how people like this TSB first. It shifts perfectly fine right now

UTultimate

Badlands
First Name
UltimateBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Parked uphill, when i started my Bronco this morning, (very cold weather in NY) it made the nose only for a few seconds, then it stopped. Dove on an uphill street, no noise, as soon as I tuned on the next street, (road slopping down) the noise came back.. definitely lube problems
Driving in a parking garage I was at a 5 degree incline and 5 degree decline, noise never went away. Going to replace transmission oil with synchro shift II and ensure it’s to the proper level, and send a sample to blackstone. I have a feeling the damage may already be done, but we’ll see.

Off road enthusiast

Badlands
First Name
Agi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Driving in a parking garage I was at a 5 degree incline and 5 degree decline, noise never went away. Going to replace transmission oil with synchro shift II and ensure it’s to the proper level, and send a sample to blackstone. I have a feeling the damage may already be done, but we’ll see.
Please keep us updated. One thing I found out yesterday was that in really low temperatures (13 degrees), even when you move the shifter towards 6 gear the noise doesn't stop completely..

LAH91!

Big Bend
First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sorry y’all, did the question get answered if this is only happening with 2022? My 2023 M/T 2.3 Badlands will be here January 16 and now I’m worried 😧

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sorry y’all, did the question get answered if this is only happening with 2022? My 2023 M/T 2.3 Badlands will be here January 16 and now I’m worried 😧
Nothing has really been answered just yet. A TSB released that has not been verified. Lots of speculation on fluid levels but seems pretty widespread. No indications the new synchronizing gears are any different from the original. I have an appointment in 10 mins wish me luck.

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Was talking to my salesman who bought a 2.3 with the manual and he was telling me a TSB just came out for the manual relating to the grinding noise. The fix is to open the trans and fix the internals. I will ask him for the TSB info and post it.

Mortonm

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Was talking to my salesman who bought a 2.3 with the manual and he was telling me a TSB just came out for the manual relating to the grinding noise. The fix is to open the trans and fix the internals. I will ask him for the TSB info and post it.
It's been posted in here several times

LAH91!

Big Bend
First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Nothing has really been answered just yet. A TSB released that has not been verified. Lots of speculation on fluid levels but seems pretty widespread. No indications the new synchronizing gears are any different from the original. I have an appointment in 10 mins wish me luck.
Thanks, keep us posted

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It's been posted in here several times
TSB 22-2371 Handed it to the service manager so they are looking at mine shortly.

In addition to:
Burning oil smell during warming and long drives.
4A behavior check (might be normal but sounds noisy to me and draggy)
Full Synthetic Oil swap @ current 2200 miles and tire rotation.
Lights have come on once randomly I mentioned.

Off road enthusiast

Badlands
First Name
Agi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
TSB 22-2371 Handed it to the service manager so they are looking at mine shortly.

In addition to:
Burning oil smell during warming and long drives.
4A behavior check (might be normal but sounds noisy to me and draggy)
Full Synthetic Oil swap @ current 2200 miles and tire rotation.
Lights have come on once randomly I mentioned.
I had posted the same a few weeks back , burning oil smell, and it turns out that i have a leak from the timing chain cover. I am waiting to schedule with my dealer for the TSB and oil leak fix
Sponsored