Marc-Antoine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trailblazer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, I have the 2.3 with a manual trans and hear a noise you describe. I dropped it off at the dealership, they did a test run and finally change all clutch pedal assy.

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yes, I have the 2.3 with a manual trans and hear a noise you describe. I dropped it off at the dealership, they did a test run and finally change all clutch pedal assy.
So they replaced clutch pedal assembly? Did this make your noise go away? Or are you waiting for work to be done?

BlanchardSteve

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 corvette
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Apologize if this was already discussed earlier in the thread, but does anyone know if Ford acknowledged this issue with regards to correcting it for future vehicles/vehicles built after a certain date? Or is the "fix" still in process? I saw the TSB on the previous page.

I just ask because I'm (still) waiting on my MT bronco to be scheduled. I was curious if this will potentially still be a problem for 2023 models.
Unfortunately my 2023 has this same problem... dealer is looking at it early after the new year, very thankful I have a second vehicle

maricard

Badlands
First Name
Marc-Antoine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trailblazer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So they replaced clutch pedal assembly? Did this make your noise go away? Or are you waiting for work to be done?
First, they lubed something near the clutch pedal (it didn't work). Second time, they replaced the spring of the clutch pedal (it didn't work). Third time, they replaced clutch pedal assembly and the noise go away. The clutch is now easier too.

Sponsored

TavisB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 ManSquatch, 10 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

...Third time, they replaced clutch pedal assembly and the noise go away. The clutch is now easier too.
Someone is going to have to explain how that would have stopped this noise. I'm stumped.

Off road enthusiast

Badlands
First Name
Agi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Confirmed just now that yes, if I tilt the rear of the vehicle down (in my case the dash indicated a 3 degree slope) that the grinding noise at stationary idle goes away.
Parked uphill, when i started my Bronco this morning, (very cold weather in NY) it made the nose only for a few seconds, then it stopped. Dove on an uphill street, no noise, as soon as I tuned on the next street, (road slopping down) the noise came back.. definitely lube problems

smiths65

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 RAM1500 BigHorn
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Guess all of us manual owners will only need lift kits for the front of the Bronco ;)

Genjuro

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Bronco BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I also wonder if the TSB is fixing the issue inadvertently.

Hear me out. The initial problem is an improper fill from somewhere in the production process (speculation).

Customer takes delivery, and the part that is starving for lubricant starts to wear improperly.

During the TSB repair, the local tech actually fills the transmission to the proper level, thus protecting the at risk part.

All this being said, I still have questions.

1. Was there a design change on the parts that are identified as needing to be replaced per the TSB.

2. Are those that were sent a new transmission getting a bolt on part that also has the same fill problem? Are new complete transmission units shipped wet or dry? If wet, this could explain why the problem comes back. If dry then I would suspect a transmission with incorrectly designed parts, and ford is shipping them out of previously manufactured parts stock.

Anyway, just thinking out loud here looking for conversation.

Reactions: djp

Sponsored

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Funny, I noticed mine didn't make the noise when I had it on the sloped portion of my driveway last week.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Someone is going to have to explain how that would have stopped this noise. I'm stumped.
Probably not the same noise everyone else is talking about.

ROCKO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They do zero, they say contact your dealer. I think they were basically just gathering info to see which vehicles it was affecting before they issued the TSB.
Just hear back from @Ford Motor Company and they completely avoided my concern about the transmission. They just wanted to notify me on the windshield recall. Like really?

Off road enthusiast

Badlands
First Name
Agi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I also wonder if the TSB is fixing the issue inadvertently.

Hear me out. The initial problem is an improper fill from somewhere in the production process (speculation).

Customer takes delivery, and the part that is starving for lubricant starts to wear improperly.

During the TSB repair, the local tech actually fills the transmission to the proper level, thus protecting the at risk part.

All this being said, I still have questions.

1. Was there a design change on the parts that are identified as needing to be replaced per the TSB.

2. Are those that were sent a new transmission getting a bolt on part that also has the same fill problem? Are new complete transmission units shipped wet or dry? If wet, this could explain why the problem comes back. If dry then I would suspect a transmission with incorrectly designed parts, and ford is shipping them out of previously manufactured parts stock.

Anyway, just thinking out loud here looking for conversation.
Using lift kits on our Bronco would void the warranty