First Name
TR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
202? 4dr CG Big Bend 2.3 7MT (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’d suggest not buying and getting a manual Wrangler instead, they haven’t had three recalls for the same thing so you should be good.
While I appreciate the snark... I already own two 6-speed Wranglers! And they're both great!
Sponsored

UM_Ftown

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 5.9, 01 XJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

While I appreciate the snark... I already own two 6-speed Wranglers! And they're both great!
Yeah I’m just playing. Moral of the story is that the manual transmission does not get the same amount of R&D and QC time during development as the automatic transmission hence the issues with them across different manufacturers.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah I’m just playing. Moral of the story is that the manual transmission does not get the same amount of R&D and QC time during development as the automatic transmission hence the issues with them across different manufacturers.
In this case though, how could they not of found the issue early on especially since the ones rolling off the line already have it? Something had to have changed. Possibly it might be related to the Chinese manufacturing. They seem to over promise and under-deliver. We use to get beautiful samples from them then when put into production, it was a crap shoot whether the parts would be good or not. We will probably never know.

gtabert

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 gt350r / '65 f100 / '99 Silverado / '15 VW TDI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good morning! If you send over a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info, I can look into your noise concern on my end.
@Ford

Really, all you need to do is print out every post made here as well as those on Bronco Nation, walk into the presidents office and have a Heart to Heart. If he wants to shun what you present then its time to step up and voice your opinion. The problem exists, picking and choosing any one particular post to hear their grievance is insane. It's quite simply everyone on this site, those on the Bronco Nation site and more than likely ALL Manuals that have an issue. Please quit ducking the issue, changing out transmissions, performing TSP repairs, holding Bronco's hostage at dealerships for weeks to month's on end when it accomplishes nothing. Is it a feel good thing that somehow is supposed to make all the manual owners feel good? These guys have spent real money on something they believe in. Ford is destroying the Bronco image they wanted to build up. To see Ford collapse from within is sad.

Chippewa-Pin

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Fe, Tucson, Z4, T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just got a call that the parts are in for the TSB. They ordered them Jan 17th. Dropping it off Monday and he said they will need 2-3 days. They are providing a loaner vehicle.

Any questions/requests/comments that I should make when I drop it off?

Also, I got a survey from Ford about my Bronco purchase/experience. I mentioned this issue a number of times. About a week later, I received an email from a "Ford Employee Friends & Family Support Manager". After a few back and forth emails, she sent this yesterday:

"I will contact Shults Ford in Wexford to attempt to accelerate the repairs/resolution, and will follow up with you not later than March 16th, as planned. Please know that we appreciate your choosing Ford, and I am looking forward to assisting you with your Bronco concerns."

Obviously coincidental that the parts arrived today, but at least there's someone at Ford that I can talk/email with. Whether she can escalate the issue or not is another story.

Last edited:

Sponsored

gtabert

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 gt350r / '65 f100 / '99 Silverado / '15 VW TDI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just got a call that the parts are in for the TSB. They ordered them Jan 17th. Dropping it off Monday and he said they will need 2-3 days. They are providing a loaner vehicle.

Any questions/requests/comments that I should make when I drop it off?
Its not the dealerships fault, they have to play the game. When you pick it up say thanks, see ya in a few days.

Chippewa-Pin

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Chippewa-Pin When did you originally take yours in?
Took delivery Nov 3. Dropped it off Jan 16 for an overnight stay. They confirmed the next morning that it was TSB related and ordered the parts. I went and picked it back up and have been driving it since. No other issues aside from the noise... which is probably less noisy than most.

Last edited:

l88m22vette

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please sir may I have locking diffs?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just called and checked on parts from my mid-December dealer diagnosis, parts are still listed as having an ETA of GFYS

Chippewa-Pin

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just called and checked on parts from my mid-December dealer diagnosis, parts are still listed as having an ETA of GFYS
I was very surprised that the parts came in for mine after seeing other posts like yours. I'll next for sure a week from now!

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Imma take a break for a bit. Totally understand I've become a bit of an annoyance but really yall need to take these back to your dealers. Make FORD fix it. Don't wait for them to. I'm sure by the time I come back there will be several more reporting performance issues. Till then safe driving!
I don't begrudge you posting about the situation. This isn't some issue of a pavement noob complaining about wind noise or drops of water on the dash. (And I'll take this thread over shackle colors, or some MF posting about his three 60K Sas pavement crawlers.) :)

A transmission is a major drivetrain component. And enough people are having the issue, including people around here who know a thing or two about vehicles and 4x4s, that it's not made up. Who wants a grumbling transmission on their new vehicle? I don't.

Sometimes a break is needed - I self banned myself from 6G a few weeks ago due to aggravations. Allowed back every two weeks or so, to check on a fix. (Will have a delivery decision to make in a few months.) Hope Ford comes through with a legit fix for you guys soon.

93BRONCO22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I‘v been lurking for some time…. Finally created an account due to this issue.

I’ve had several other issues with my Bronco (3 of which were dealer caused, including significant body damage the day of delivery) but to keep on topic:

- MY22.Badlands
- delivery August ‘22

- I first heard the noise (marbles in the tranny) around 500 miles
- I took it to get diagnosed at 1500 miles and a new tranny was installed (one week at the dealer)
-the nose came back at 1800 miles
- it was intermittent at first, but it became non-stop by 2000 miles
- on 14DEC I brought it back to the dealer, parts were ordered and it was scheduled for the TSB
- it has been at the dealer since 14FEB (23 days and counting)
- I’m told it will be worked on next week (why did I make an appointment 2 months in advance???)
- I did get a loaner
- I want to love this vehicle, but it’s been nothing but a headache since day 1

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Good lord. This thread and all like it have turned into a train wreck 😂

Unbelievable amount of unproven speculation about a noise concern causing “performance” issues also, all to make it seem like this issue is worse than it really is.

There has been 1 single report of this concern supposedly amounting to something more and becoming “unsafe” to drive, which in my professional opinion is unlikely.
And go figure, it’s the same person spamming these threads non-stop.
Also, correct me if I’m wrong, I believe that transmission is still in said vehicle yet to be actually inspected or diagnosed.

I understand being frustrated about a problem with your vehicle, but this isn’t helping the community one bit.

I feel sorry for anyone that has this noise concern and is looking for credible information, because it doesn’t seem like you’ll find it here. Just force fed opinions in an attempt to get the threads post count up.

Duds

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just picked mine up from the dealer, they confirmed part number(s) have changed and they have no idea of an ETA. 2-3 months wouldn’t be surprising. I am glad I’ve at least started documentation of the problem.
Sponsored