indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would go after FORD for a buyback. You're probably gunna get taken trying to trade in. So disappointing!

What isn't shifting as nice as before? Just curious. Mine is somewhere in the disassembly phase? Back ordered parts arrived 3 weeks ago. They finally started the bronco Friday afternoon but no word on the extent of what other damage could be there. No idea if they got the -D but I made them aware of it the moment it was discovered here.
Maybe depends on the tech person working on the transmission? I don't particularly like the idea of having a new trans opened up, and relying on the skill of someone taking it apart, and hopefully fitting it all together again with proper tolerances etc. This is just overall a bad situation for customers, I keep waffling between accepting the Bronco or moving on. What the heck Ford? :(
Sponsored

Brok3nBronco

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jade Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dealer finally updated me on the progress of repair.

Well, we are at a stand still. Transmission pulled but they require some type of barring puller to begin dissembly. That tool is 30+ days back ordered from FORD. They reached out locally and no one has one? So I am roughly approaching 60 days no Bronco, just added 30 days minimum and they expect to have order more parts once cracked open or a trans. SMH. What a headache!

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Well, we are at a stand still. Transmission pulled but they require some type of barring puller to begin dissembly. That tool is 30+ days back ordered from FORD. They reached out locally and no one has one? So I am roughly approaching 60 days no Bronco, just added 30 days minimum and they expect to have order more parts once cracked open or a trans. SMH. What a headache!
Do they have an OTC # for it? I might be able to find something equivalent

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Which dealer?
(Please don't say Fox, please don't say Fox, please don't say Fox . . . )

Brok3nBronco

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jade Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Maybe depends on the tech person working on the transmission? I don't particularly like the idea of having a new trans opened up, and relying on the skill of someone taking it apart, and hopefully fitting it all together again with proper tolerances etc. This is just overall a bad situation for customers, I keep waffling between accepting the Bronco or moving on. What the heck Ford? :(

It's under warranty. If it craps out on you, they'll take care of it. I can't imagine passing on the Bronco because what might happen.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Do they have an OTC # for it? I might be able to find something equivalent
It’s probably 204-069 or the adapter for it which is 204-069-01/1
That’s really the only special tools other than a couple big socket for the output shaft nut and one to hold the input shaft.

Ford Bronco Manual transmission scraping noise / grinding sound IMG_0857

Ford Bronco Manual transmission scraping noise / grinding sound IMG_0856

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's under warranty. If it craps out on you, they'll take care of it. I can't imagine passing on the Bronco because what might happen.
Warranties don’t help much if your dealer refuses to give you a loaner, and parts are back ordered 6 months

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Warranties don’t help much if your dealer refuses to give you a loaner, and parts are back ordered 6 months
Then folks that worry more than others should walk. The vast majority of MTs are on the road and not stuck at the dealer, so it wouldn’t make me pass.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s probably 204-069 or the adapter for it which is 204-069-01/1
That’s really the only special tools other than a couple big socket for the output shaft nut and one to hold the input shaft.

IMG_0857.jpeg

IMG_0856.jpeg
I have that exact tool, not the adapter they show, but a small bearing splitter would serve the exact same purpose

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Which dealer?
(Please don't say Fox, please don't say Fox, please don't say Fox . . . )
Not Fox. 😂 Ford AutoNation
That’s interesting…
No AutoNation’s anywhere near your location in Chicago or even a single one in Illinois.
But suspiciously enough there’s a bunch of them in Ohio where “l3lackrose” was from 🤔😂
The jig is up bud lol

I have that exact tool, not the adapter they show, but a small bearing splitter would serve the exact same purpose
Same with me. Here is an alternative that’s similar and seems to be in stock also.

https://www.freedomracing.com/204-069-205-d024-j-44707-push-puller-tool-set-alt-st-312.html