Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unbelieveable they are still having issues getting the roll pins. This has been going on for months. Most any machine shop has a ton of different sizes. It's as though these must be plated in gold or something. Pretty pathetic.
I'm assuming they only have one approved supplier and bureaucracy is in the way.
Sponsored

ToddGreen

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Unbelieveable they are still having issues getting the roll pins. This has been going on for months. Most any machine shop has a ton of different sizes. It's as though these must be plated in gold or something. Pretty pathetic.
Ha! Add me to the list of waiting on a roll pin for the dealer to then complete the TSB with the D-rings already in hand.

Chippewa-Pin

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Fe, Tucson, Z4, T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ha! Add me to the list of waiting on a roll pin for the dealer to then complete the TSB with the D-rings already in hand.
Seeing your post along with others doesn't give me a warm feeling that I'm not going to get a call today or tomorrow from my dealer telling me the same thing (it's in the shop now). I'm wondering if the roll pin always needs to be replaced during this TSB repair or just sometimes? If always, you'd think that the part would have been included in the listing of the TSB parts required.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seeing your post along with others doesn't give me a warm feeling that I'm not going to get a call today or tomorrow from my dealer telling me the same thing (it's in the shop now). I'm wondering if the roll pin always needs to be replaced during this TSB repair or just sometimes? If always, you'd think that the part would have been included in the listing of the TSB parts required.
The Roll Pin is on the TSB parts list.

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Buy-back voicemail attached, if anyone wanted to hear the unprompted offer.
This was a COLD call, i did not ask for this from my Ford person handling my case.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Buy-back voicemail attached, if anyone wanted to hear the unprompted offer

You are saying this was a "cold call"? Not something you requested?

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You are saying this was a "cold call"? Not something you requested?
Yes, cold call. I did NOT ask for this, i had only asked for an expedite on my transmission

Last edited:

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Brok3nBronco

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jade Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My customer care rep that is assigned, called me at one point around 30 days at dealer to tell me same but never sent over email. I did say I wanted to see the offer but I also said I want Ford to fix it. I didn't wait over 2 years to just send it back but the timeline before the tread hits the pavement again just keeps getting kicked further down the road.

Big T

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Manual Transmision
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Two weeks ago I bought a 2022 base model Bronco with the 7-speed manual transmission from Carvana with 56 miles. The day after the 7-day money back return policy the temps went below 50 degree and the grinding sound began right after starting my car, heart breaker! I hear the sound in neutral when cold which goes away when the clutch is engaged. I can now hear it most of the time when driving in 1st or 2nd.

After some research I see that Ford released a service bulletin for a fix in December of 2022. My question is, has anyone had this repair and most importantly does it work? Or does the scraping sound come back?

Sponsored

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
—
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Two weeks ago I bought a 2022 base model Bronco with the 7-speed manual transmission from Carvana with 56 miles. The day after the 7-day money back return policy the temps went below 50 degree and the grinding sound began right after starting my car, heart breaker! I hear the sound in neutral when cold which goes away when the clutch is engaged. I can now hear it most of the time when driving in 1st or 2nd.

After some research I see that Ford released a service bulletin for a fix in December of 2022. My question is, has anyone had this repair and most importantly does it work? Or does the scraping sound come back?
This is a 187 page thread about the TSB, repair, issue symptoms, etc. Yes people have had the TSB work done. People have also had transmissions replaced. We have no definitive information on what works, but we know transmission replacements and TSB work with the original version of these parts does not solve anything.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

This what what we all wana know. Updated parts have just recently been released and are just trickling out into the wild. Previous repairs w/the same parts didn't have much success at all

Ibuprofen3293

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22MY Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My TSB repair is scheduled for Monday. Service advisor claimed "updated" parts, but I'll try to get the part number with suffix when I pick it up.

Hopefully there's no more cold days this year so I can just happily assume it worked until Autumn.

skidsteer

Base
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 XLT crew w/2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base

I/we (wife's Bronco) had the problem; now fixed (after almost 2 months). No problems so far. You can't miss/ignore the "sound".....good luck. Make them FIX it!

ToddGreen

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The Roll Pin is on the TSB parts list.
Correct. And to clarify, my Bronco remains with me while the dealership waits on the roll pin. They knew not to start the TSB until they had everything in pocket. They do have the D-rings already. Just waiting on the dang roll pin …
Sponsored