Jade Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why am I a black rose? Because I'm negative? I don't get the reference? I have driven roughly 12 manuals in my life. Ever thing from semi's to sports cars. Not a single one had any of these symptoms. Some of those new some of those 100k or more on them. All worked as expected with no shifting issues, noises or otherwise
Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's still probably something wrong with the design or quality.
There’s not even enough repairs completed to even make an assumption like this. I think 2 people have had the repair done with the revised parts. One said it’s never been quieter, the other said it still has a noise. Who even knows if it’s the same noise.

I think everyone needs to calm down until we see more evidence one way or another. If it ends up with the same problem for multiple people, then by all means.. send the dogs after Ford. Until then there’s really no reason to jump to conclusions.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why am I a black rose? Because I'm negative? I don't get the reference? I have driven roughly 12 manuals in my life. Ever thing from semi's to sports cars. Not a single one had any of these symptoms. Some of those new some of those 100k or more on them. All worked as expected with no shifting issues, noises or otherwise
Same. The manual shift vehicles I've owned, no odd noises/shifting:

1965 Ford Mustang
1970 Jeep CJ-5
1972 Land Rover Series III
1976 Datsun Pickup
1992 Geo Storm
2020 Kia Soul

That Geo (acquired through marriage) ended up with 230,000 miles, on original clutch! Ironically, the clunkiest shifting was the Mustang.

One of the main reasons I chose manual for the Bronco, is the great operation and service life I've gotten from manuals compared to automatics. But this grumbling TSB non-fix thing (so far) is kind of pissing all over that. :(

I test drove the Bronco including off-road, and loved the way it operated. I hope Ford gets a handle on this situation.

Chippewa-Pin

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Fe, Tucson, Z4, T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There’s not even enough repairs completed to even make an assumption like this. I think 2 people have had the repair done with the revised parts. One said it’s never been quieter, the other said it still has a noise. Who even knows if it’s the same noise.

I think everyone needs to calm down until we see more evidence one way or another. If it ends up with the same problem for multiple people, then by all means.. send the dogs after Ford. Until then there’s really no reason to jump to conclusions.
Couldn't agree more. There's quite a few of us that have our vehicles in now for the TSB repair. In another month we'll have more info to get a better feel if it's a fix or not. Mine is supposed to be done by the end of the week.

mbdlds

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I took my 2023 in recently, and the dealer is ordering a new transmission (I suppose because the TSB only says 2021-2022 currently). Will update in however many weeks it takes to get it and have it installed.

@Ducati1098 - I think you've posted it before, but it should be the new E version transmission if ordered this week because the A has been superseded, right? Also, thanks for all of the great information you provide here.

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I took my 2023 in recently, and the dealer is ordering a new transmission (I suppose because the TSB only says 2021-2022 currently). Will update in however many weeks it takes to get it and have it installed.

@Ducati1098 - I think you've posted it before, but it should be the new E version transmission if ordered this week because the A has been superseded, right? Also, thanks for all of the great information you provide here.
Yes. I believe all new orders will automatically be -E transmissions. At least that's the way it sounds in the parts comments when looking up the part numbers.
But just to be sure I would double check with your dealership.

Ogre

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BD 2dr 7MT CG, '18 Indian Chieftain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just got an update on mine. Service manager said the TSB doesn't apply to 2023 so my noise must be normal. I'm waiting for the manager to call me back right now. If he refuses who do I contact to elevate this? Multiple people are getting repairs done for their 23's.

UM_Ftown

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 5.9, 01 XJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You must be able to realize that you’re the only person exhibiting the problems you’re having correct?

UM_Ftown

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 5.9, 01 XJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just got an update on mine. Service manager said the TSB doesn't apply to 2023 so my noise must be normal. I'm waiting for the manager to call me back right now. If he refuses who do I contact to elevate this? Multiple people are getting repairs done for their 23's.
Go to another dealer, they clearly don’t want to work on it. Even if it wasn’t part of the TSB (like mine) because it’s a 2023 the sound is definitely not normal.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
How bad is the noise? Mainly low volume under certain conditions? Or louder where other people notice? Would you say it's gotten louder over time? I have a decision to make soon, and am interested if 2023 owners will be having to deal with this aggravation.

Sponsored

Ogre

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BD 2dr 7MT CG, '18 Indian Chieftain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How bad is the noise? Mainly low volume under certain conditions? Or louder where other people notice? Would you say it's gotten louder over time? I have a decision to make soon, and am interested if 2023 owners will be having to deal with this aggravation.
It's not loud unless I'm driving in a parking lot and the sound reverberates in the corridor of vehicles. If the windows are down it's much louder. Accelerating it's a loud rumble like a diesel. i.e. a military hwmvv. Again worse with the windows down. I don't feel like it's going to explode but it's annoying.

91tii

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, BMW E30
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My trans noise is there but not that bad (22 badlands, 5800mi). For reference I can't really hear it with music playing, only makes notable noise on a cold start, and drives perfectly fine otherwise. Had the dealer take a look at it when I had the bronco in for an oil change and tire rotation on Monday. They just called me and are going to do the TSB repair. I asked about the synchro part revisions and they confirmed that they would be using the newest parts available. I dropped it off three days ago and they've already ordered and received almost every part that's currently available. They said the couple of small parts were backordered but they were able to find them at another dealer. Apparently I might even have it back later next week, we'll see!

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was in the same situation last month and thought I dodged a bullet. Didn’t last long though unfortunately.

Mod3lat6202ft

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was in the same situation last month and thought I dodged a bullet. Didn’t last long though unfortunately.
I am sorry that happened to you. may I ask how long/how many miles till it started back up?
Sponsored