Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The manual should be back. Direct from the Ford website:

Manual.jpg
thank you, had not seen that, wonder if the more details line is just a standard thing or maybe they are looking at a new make or model ?
Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

thank you, had not seen that, wonder if the more details line is just a standard thing or maybe they are looking at a new make or model ?
I would guess Ford wants to be sure the new fix takes care of the problem. After, they can announce a new availability date for ordering.

Notice they ignored the Base model availability question. I would assume once production catches up, it will also return. Not everyone wants or can afford a $60K Bronco.

CapeCodCash

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco and 14 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you know how long it has been since the order for a new transmission was placed?
I got an email from the Service Rep at my stealership abou the transmission I was getting. I told him .........."I understood that the "A" transmission, was not the revised version. Why am I getting the "A"" version?" He says......"We submitted with the old part number and Ford is sending us with the new part.".............WTF..............new part my a**

CapeCodCash

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco and 14 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They will give you 2 options.

Buy back & Cash and Keep.

The Cash and Keep options is basically a payoff for your "pain and suffering".

If you want to keep your bronco and get it fixed, take the Cash and Keep option.

Nothing will change, it will not be salvaged, it's basically just a payoff from Ford Motor Company.
What $$ did they offer you for the Cash & Keep?

Chippewa-Pin

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Fe, Tucson, Z4, T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What $$ did they offer you for the Cash & Keep?
Maybe i missed it, but what are the qualifications to get offered the buyback / Cash & Keep? I'll go aftermarket tranny before I ever give up my Bronco, so just curious.

Sponsored

WhiskeyCity

Badlands
First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 2.3L, 7spd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe i missed it, but what are the qualifications to get offered the buyback / Cash & Keep? I'll go aftermarket tranny before I ever give up my Bronco, so just curious.
...subscribed...

My '23 2.3L BL SAS has made noise from Day 1, when cold, yadda, yadda. My plan is to wait until there is a solid fix or it grenades under warranty. I've already told my service department this and they agree that it's the best option right now.

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

...subscribed...

My '23 2.3L BL SAS has made noise from Day 1, when cold, yadda, yadda. My plan is to wait until there is a solid fix or it grenades under warranty. I've already told my service department this and they agree that it's the best option right now.
You told your service department you’re aware of an issue, refusing service for the issue that has a TSB, and will drive it until you damage more components? What makes you think they’ll honor your warranty claim at all after that? They have every right to deny you a transmission replacement now that you told them you’re deliberately forgoing service on a known issue…

WhiskeyCity

Badlands
First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 2.3L, 7spd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You told your service department you’re aware of an issue, refusing service for the issue that has a TSB, and will drive it until you damage more components? What makes you think they’ll honor your warranty claim at all after that? They have every right to deny you a transmission replacement now that you told them you’re deliberately forgoing service on a known issue…
I told them that I had the issue, they said that they didn't have parts to fix it at the time so I should just keep on driving it until they have the parts or it grenades. Sorry, didn't exactly phrase it right. It's not like they're calling me to bring it in.

JawnyBronco

Heritage
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

HE-MAN build bumped to 6/26 and I’m like “Ev'rybody's talking 'bout Grindism, Syncro D-ism, Fluidism, TSBism, Tranny E-ism
This-ism, that-ism, is-m, is-m, is-m
All we are sayin… is give MT a chance”… come on Big Fix before build date🤞

CapeCodCash

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco and 14 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They will give you 2 options.

Buy back & Cash and Keep.

The Cash and Keep options is basically a payoff for your "pain and suffering".

If you want to keep your bronco and get it fixed, take the Cash and Keep option.

Nothing will change, it will not be salvaged, it's basically just a payoff from Ford Motor Company.
Have you gotten any response from Ford yet? Also, how did you go about initiating the buyback? Was the buyback your idea or Ford's idea?

Sponsored

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you gotten any response from Ford yet? Also, how did you go about initiating the buyback? Was the buyback your idea or Ford's idea?
Ford contacted me.
I am very very early in the process. It would be at least another month before a decision is made.

Big T

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Manual Transmision
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Does Ford have an outlet that is bringing this MT issue to everyone's attention? I bought my 2022 MT Bronco from Carvana last month with 56 miles and in less that a week and 300 miles the grinding began. Had I been aware of this issue, which appears to be a design flaw with no current fix in sight, I would have avoided the MT and gone with an automatic. It is too bad that Ford is not more transparent on this issue. I would feel much better if I at least had regular updates on the progress for a solution. Is there any information out there?

CapeCodCash

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco and 14 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went in and spoke to the parts department. He looked at, and showed me ECAT as well as DOW. Both showed MB3Z-7003-A as the replacement. He states it could be production date but was not sure. Looks like I’ll be taking that transmission with my fingers crossed.
Did you show the Parts Dept the 2 screenshots that had the Merchandiser Remarks "ORDERS TO BE PLACED ON NEW LEVEL: MB3Z7003-E"? I was going to talk to my Parts Dept today and show them the images, but I don't want to look like a donkey either....

Mod3lat6202ft

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you show the Parts Dept the 2 screenshots that had the Merchandiser Remarks "ORDERS TO BE PLACED ON NEW LEVEL: MB3Z7003-E"? I was going to talk to my Parts Dept today and show them the images, but I don't want to look like a donkey either....
I did not. I figure the more I push the further toward the back of the line I could end up. 300 miles into the “a” version and its doing well…

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Does Ford have an outlet that is bringing this MT issue to everyone's attention? I bought my 2022 MT Bronco from Carvana last month with 56 miles and in less that a week and 300 miles the grinding began. Had I been aware of this issue, which appears to be a design flaw with no current fix in sight, I would have avoided the MT and gone with an automatic. It is too bad that Ford is not more transparent on this issue. I would feel much better if I at least had regular updates on the progress for a solution. Is there any information out there?
Back when Ford was advising people to drop certain constrained items, it would have been nice if Ford also clued us in there was a possible issue with the manual trans. Would have allowed the customers to make a more informed decision when ordering/buying. I wasn't aware of the extent, else I'd have likely switched to an auto and different build config.
Sponsored