First Name
Emily
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Are we really going to swirl this toilet again where people need the last word? It's worth knowing if an updated trans/ring has the issue return. It's also understandable that this happening would cause some pretty intense frustration.
if that's the truth, then yes.
Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The updated parts have just recently have started going in vehicles, so the last 206 pages are worthless in comparison. Nobody else with the new updated parts (to my knowledge) has reported the noise returning. So there are only a few possibilities.

- Your transmission has some other issue/noise unrelated to this TSB
- Everyone else's transmission that has received the updated synchros or transmission will eventually start making the same noise (so far nothing, but time will tell)
- You don't actually have a problem, and whatever noise you're hearing is completely normal

Either way, if the dealership cannot duplicate the concern, there is nothing for them to fix. So it sounds like your options are very straight forward... Find a new dealer and get a second opinion, deal with it until it potentially gets worse (or doesn't) considering you still have plenty of powertrain warranty I'm sure, or sell it.
You seem to have good insider knowledge, is it your view that this "D" ring and "E" transmission, likely is a change to try and address the rumbling noise? And not some other vendor or change designation?

It's difficult as just a customer, because it's not like Ford has openly said to us, "hey, we had this particular issue, tried to address it with a synchro change, but here is what was wrong with that attempt, and here is how we re-designed/fashioned the new synchro "D", in an attempt to address the issue and fix."

Instead it's like having to read tea leaves sometimes, which does not inspire confidence.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You seem to have good insider knowledge, is it your view that this "D" ring and "E" transmission, likely is a change to try and address the rumbling noise? And not some other vendor or change designation?

It's difficult as just a customer, because it's not like Ford has openly said to us, "hey, we had this particular issue, tried to address it with a synchro change, but here is what was wrong with that attempt, and here is how we re-designed/fashioned the new synchro "D", in an attempt to address the issue and fix."

Instead it's like having to read tea leaves sometimes, which does not inspire confidence.
Yeah it is unfortunate that they don’t address the issue more clearly, but then people would expect that from every single vehicle they make and every single little problem. It’s just unrealistic in my opinion. Either way, Ford is obviously tracking all the failed repairs, so it’s not like they’re just ignoring the situation.

I don’t have any inside knowledge on what was changed, or if anything was changed other than the part number. However, part numbers are changed far more often for a redesign or to fix an issue than solely for a vendor change.

bodean

Base
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
76 Mini, 99 4Runner, 07 FJ Cruiser, 16 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They performed TSB 22-2371 noise completely gone, shift crisp. Nice. I gave a positive review. I was hopeful. It was better than when new. 1 week later. Faint noise coming back already after a 37* morning and the shift is getting clunky again. Yes I do. Believe ford making me drive it caused more damage but the more damage is happening intermittently and I can't just recreate it on demand. As for the scraping that noise is exactly the same sound prior to repair. Difference is it's more like it was when this forum had 10 pages no 206. Add another 200 and I can promise it's going to just slowly get louder with every cold start. Same issues as everyone and then some. I am non-binary and comparing me to a male is not appropriate
I think, for me personally, it’s the fact that there are over 3000 posts in this thread and between your 2 accounts I wouldn’t be surprised if you’re responsible for almost half of them, just repeating yourself over and over.

We get it, you’re not happy, it’s understandable. We all want a great outcome for you and your faith in Ford to be restored.

I don’t see it happening, but I’m rooting for you.

Sponsored

Tehese

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Look's like I'm posting at an awkward time based on the last few posts, but I had a quick question. I'm picking my Bronco up this Saturday, and I wanted to know how to check which Engine was installed from the factory. Such as do I check the engine, a sticker inside the door, ext. Thank you!

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Look's like I'm posting at an awkward time based on the last few posts, but I had a quick question. I'm picking my Bronco up this Saturday, and I wanted to know how to check which Engine was installed from the factory. Such as do I check the engine, a sticker inside the door, ext. Thank you!
If it's shaking it's a 2.3 and if it's clattering it's a 2.7 😁

But seriously, the VIN will tell you. The 8th digit is the identifier. H for the 2.3 and P for the 2.7 I think...

Brok3nBronco

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jade Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

just sell it and be done blackrose. We enjoy our rides and just want them fixed. You are not happy so do something about it and stop bitching.
Please don't harass me

Last edited:

Tehese

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra
Your Bronco Model
Base
If it's shaking it's a 2.3 and if it's clattering it's a 2.7 😁

But seriously, the VIN will tell you. The 8th digit is the identifier. H for the 2.3 and P for the 2.7 I think...
This is definitely my fault for not specifying, obviously I have the 2.3 Manual otherwise I wouldn't be in the thread haha... But I want to figure out which ring was installed from the Factory. Thank you!

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is definitely my fault for not specifying, obviously I have the 2.3 Manual otherwise I wouldn't be in the thread haha... But I want to figure out which ring was installed from the Factory. Thank you!
Ah, yea the first post was a little confusing, asking about the engine…

Anyways, the consensus is that all the manuals produced this far have the -A Transmission installed off the line.

-A transmissions are known/assumed to have the -C Synchros. -E Trans are assumed to have the revised -D Synchros(see Ducatis posts here for more insight from a legit tech)

They have since halted manual production, almost as if they have exhausted their in house supply of -A’s and are building inventory for the next run which would be -E’s later in the year, if not next year.

As someone else said, we are reading the tea leaves here. Trying to infer what’s going on

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is currently no good way to establish that. The service part # for the "updated" is MB3Z-7003-E, the original was MB3Z-7003-A, but engineering #'s are not the same. Engineering number for your trans will be located on a tag on the passenger side of the bellhousing. Here is an example of the original:
Ford Bronco Manual transmission scraping noise / grinding sound 20230112_155937

When I get mine back I will add a pic of the new one to this post so we can compare!
EDIT: As promised here is the new one:
Ford Bronco Manual transmission scraping noise / grinding sound 20230518_170303

So looks like the tags don't change at all, so if you wana know if one that was just delivered had the update from the factory you are SOL unless we can figure out a build date break. We both checked the crate, and the parts bill and this unit is definitely MB3Z-7003-E
Ford Bronco Manual transmission scraping noise / grinding sound 20230518_170523

Last edited:

Tehese

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra
Your Bronco Model
Base
There is currently no good way to establish that. The service part # for the "updated" is MB3Z-7003-E, the original was MB3Z-7003-A, but engineering #'s are not the same. Engineering number for your trans will be located on a tag on the passenger side of the bellhousing. Here is an example of the original:
Ford Bronco Manual transmission scraping noise / grinding sound 20230518_170523

When I get mine back I will add a pic of the new one to this post so we can compare!
Thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for!

pizzy

Base
First Name
larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco base
Your Bronco Model
Base
My 23 base has been at dealer since Monday to get the new E version transmission installed they finished up this morning and I’ve been gently testing it out and for what it’s worth so far it’s quiet in first and second gear low speed driving. This is where it was most noisy for me. Need more miles to feel more confident that it’s working as it should. The tech did note on my invoice that the fluid had minor metal particles in it. And the bronco only had been driven 900 miles before they swapped out the tranny.
IMG_1232.jpeg

Last edited: