First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Heads up, I posted a while back, it was the 5th and 6th gear synchronizers that started making noise around 2000 miles as well. Just got mine back after 4 painful months of back-ordered parts and it's fixed, works perfectly. Worth the wait.
Sponsored

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€”
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™ve got the -D rings installed now, just picked up my truck from the dealer today after the TSB work and front diff replacement. No grinding noise yet, but will report back if anything changes.

CyberOrangeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just got the call from my service department - parts are in and Iā€™m scheduled to bring my Bronco in early July.

I see that they are replacing the 5th & 6th synchro rings but I donā€™t see anything listed as a ā€œ-D Ringā€?

Can anyone tell me if this is the latest update that will fix the problem?

Ford Bronco Manual transmission scraping noise / grinding sound IMG_0182

IMG_0183.jpeg

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€”
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just got the call from my service department - parts are in and Iā€™m scheduled to bring my Bronco in early July.

I see that they are replacing the 5th & 6th synchro rings but I donā€™t see anything listed as a ā€œ-D Ringā€?

Can anyone tell me if this is the latest update that will fix the problem?

Ford Bronco Manual transmission scraping noise / grinding sound IMG_0183

Ford Bronco Manual transmission scraping noise / grinding sound IMG_0183
This is the TSB parts list that Ford provides for this work. The ā€œ5th and 6th gear synchronizer ringsā€ parts are the ones that have been superseded. The original part number was MU7Z-7107-C but has been replaced by MU7Z-7107-D. You should manually confirm with your service advisor that the part number theyā€™ve received is MU7Z-7107-D and not -C. If not, I would recommend making them reorder the correct part number and wait for that to come in.

Sponsored

twhitaker16

Base
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95' F250, '07 GT500, '67 Sportster XLCH
Your Bronco Model
Base
So just got a text from my service rep that the updated parts they put in yesterday didnā€™t work and they ordered a new trans. Anyone know if the new trans are even working? Oh and I got my buy back offer from Ford which I accept but havenā€™t done the final paperwork at the dealer for yet which will happen in the next week. Itā€™s now been 4 months sitting at the dealer anyone know the wait on the transmission?

jbacon47

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco BadLands manual 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So just got a text from my service rep that the updated parts they put in yesterday didnā€™t work and they ordered a new trans. Anyone know if the new trans are even working? Oh and I got my buy back offer from Ford which I accept but havenā€™t done the final paperwork at the dealer for yet which will happen in the next week. Itā€™s now been 4 months sitting at the dealer anyone know the wait on the transmission?
The fix didnā€™t work? Or they didnā€™t do the job correctly? This is my nightmare..

Is it confirmed that D rings fix the issue?

GearHd6

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My 4/18 build has the AB transmission in it. So far it only has 1400 miles on it but we had a couple mornings in the mid to upper 30's and there's a definite grumble when idling in neutral that goes away if I push the shifter against the 6th syncro.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
My 4/18 build has the AB transmission in it. So far it only has 1400 miles on it but we had a couple mornings in the mid to upper 30's and there's a definite grumble when idling in neutral that goes away if I push the shifter against the 6th syncro.
Ford Bronco Manual transmission scraping noise / grinding sound 1685568578629

CyberOrangeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is the TSB parts list that Ford provides for this work. The ā€œ5th and 6th gear synchronizer ringsā€ parts are the ones that have been superseded. The original part number was MU7Z-7107-C but has been replaced by MU7Z-7107-D. You should manually confirm with your service advisor that the part number theyā€™ve received is MU7Z-7107-D and not -C. If not, I would recommend making them reorder the correct part number and wait for that to come in.
Exactly what I thought - ugh. Thanks for the info.

Will be calling tomorrow morning and asking about MU7Z-7107-D. No use bringing it in if the -C is not going to correct the problem.

Sponsored

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€”
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Exactly what I thought - ugh. Thanks for the info.

Will be calling tomorrow morning and asking about MU7Z-7107-D. No use bringing it in if the -C is not going to correct the problem.
To be clear -- the TSB will not show the -D part number anywhere. The TSB has not been updated to show the superseding part. Ordering the -C synchro at this point should automatically supersede that part number and order the -D synchro, but it's smart to triple check with your service advisor/parts person to make sure they have the right one on hand. If they don't, the -C part will most likely have you coming back for the same job again in a few weeks.

RobBob22

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F250 SuperDuty
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Dropped off Bronco, expected 7-14 days to get back per dealer. Dealer said this is the second Bronco with this condition that they'll be servicing. Locally another person I have been to off-roading events with had TSB done. Claimed they had the noise continuously in warm weather till it was served and updated with the -D revision part. I'm not sure mine was making "the noise" in warm weather, but it is louder than I expect a transmission to be interested to see if I notice a difference when I get it back.

Fillups

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Expedition EL
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

To be clear -- the TSB will not show the -D part number anywhere. The TSB has not been updated to show the superseding part. Ordering the -C synchro at this point should automatically supersede that part number and order the -D synchro, but it's smart to triple check with your service advisor/parts person to make sure they have the right one on hand. If they don't, the -C part will most likely have you coming back for the same job again in a few weeks.
Thanks for clarifying this... Mine is in for the TSB right now, hoping to hear something in the next couple days - that it's either "done" or if they saw anything suspect once it was opened up, they would push back for the new trans. I had not stayed totally current on this thread, but knew they were receiving TSB parts at the dealership starting back in Feb thru April and knew back then the rings were being updated, but confused me that the TSB was not updated.

I guess at this point, all I can do is check the work order to see what they actually installed?

Frankie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How exactly did you get the ball rolling on a lemon law/buy back?

djm101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I brought my 23 7MT Badlands in for my first oil change (5K miles) and had them look at the scraping noise which has been present since day 1. They confirmed it was there, but that the TSB doesn't apply to 2023 models and they needed Ford to acknowledge it before they could do anything. They said it was fine to drive until then after speaking with Corporate. They were also told that Ford is "reengineering the transmission" and a permanent fix would be communicated when ready, but had no timeline.

I also opened a case with Ford corporate back in March and not a single person has contacted me. The case was opened by their social media team here on the forums, and I subsequently followed up multiple times with customer support over chat. Each time they say the case is escalated and someone would contact me but no one ever calls or follows up. Very frustrating and not a great experience for a first time Ford owner.
Quick Update on mine:
After spending a few days chasing this down through Ford Customer Support and the dealer, they approved my 23 for a new transmission. It has been ordered and I'm told will be here in a few weeks. I was assured by the dealer that Ford will provide the latest revision and I will double check again before the work starts. Hopefully we're on the right path now to get this resolved. I'll keep you all posted.
Sponsored