First Name
Kilgore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tomorrow will be a week and 350 miles since having the TSB performed. Our overnight temperatures have ranged from the upper 20's to low 40's. Daytime has not exceeded the low 50's Before the TSB, these temperatures would result an really bad grinding noises. Now it's silent.

Very happy with the result so far, but only time and miles will tell.
Just over 3,700 miles since having the TSB performed. Temperatures have ranged from 31F to the low 50's. The transmission remains silent and shifts great. Usage has been a mix of low speed towing near max capacity to interstate speeds.

Other than the TSB issue and a damaged rear hatch gasket replaced under warranty, the rig has had zero issues.

Will keep reporting.
Sponsored

djm101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some promising news. I got the truck back on Thursday after the full transmission replacement. Two days so far of cold starts with no noise on startup, or in low gears while moving at low speed. I checked under the truck and it's the AB transmission per the label. Hopefully this finally did the trick.

Off road enthusiast

Badlands
First Name
Agi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had the AB transmission installed in September (this is my second transmission replacement). Initially, there was no noise whatsoever. A few weeks ago, I started hearing the noise again(faintly) at about 30 degrees or below. Today at about 40 degrees, I can hear the scraping noise non-stop. I don’t think there is a real fix to this problem.

Happy Holidays!

First Name
Ball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The tech opened her up and found nothing wrong or damaged inside the transmission. It seems like they have no idea why it's still making the noise after the TSB was completed. They're ordering a new transmission which should be here sometime next week.
The new transmission will just do the same thing after 1k.

Sponsored

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The new transmission will just do the same thing after 1k.
That's is the most baffling thing. How can Ford/Getrag not know how to fix it?

Is this heading down the same road as the Focus dual clutch transmission?

Off road enthusiast

Badlands
First Name
Agi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same here! The noise came back after about 2k miles of the AB trans. Someone mentioned in one of the forums that he had used Royal Purple Synchromax fluid and this stopped the noise. Not sure how true this is.

Last edited:

tomo56

Badlands
First Name
TK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 - 4Runner, 2021 Tundra SRS, 2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi, so my 2022 has unfortunately started making the dreaded grinding noise after ~12k miles, and I'm getting it checked out tomorrow. Is there a summary of what the most up-to-date TSB's/ replacements are? The original TSB was #2371, is that still current? The fixed transmission is PN MB3R-7003-AB, correct?

Thanks

This is the most recent TSB, it was updated to include 2023 models, too. I have a 2023 Badlands with just over 9,000 miles and this just happened to me. It's been in the shop since December 9th, and they just got back to me today (Dec 28th) with the diagnosis of having to replace the 5th and 6th gear rings to resolve this issue. Glad that this is a warranty, but I am not happy that an almost pristine Bronco is having issues.

MC-10237783-0001.pdf (nhtsa.gov)

cpmartin1999

Badlands
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 2020 VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am a high mileage driver, I noticednthe noise last winter, left overnight at dealer for morning start up, they said they didn't hear it, so I didn't worry since it was noted and now have waited until now, cold weather to return and be present upon start upnsoni can point out the noise, I have 45K miles, also extended warranty, question is should/could I pay for new clutch disc since trans needs taken out to replace syndrome rings? I'm no expert but it seems smart to replace even if I buy the clutch since it's already apart, or nah?????

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
question is should/could I pay for new clutch disc since trans needs taken out to replace syndrome rings? I'm no expert but it seems smart to replace even if I buy the clutch since it's already apart, or nah?????
At 45k this isn't a bad idea IMO. Several have actually upgraded the clutch while having the TSB done.

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am a high mileage driver, I noticednthe noise last winter, left overnight at dealer for morning start up, they said they didn't hear it, so I didn't worry since it was noted and now have waited until now, cold weather to return and be present upon start upnsoni can point out the noise, I have 45K miles, also extended warranty, question is should/could I pay for new clutch disc since trans needs taken out to replace syndrome rings? I'm no expert but it seems smart to replace even if I buy the clutch since it's already apart, or nah?????
Depends how you are on the clutch. Somehow my household got 230,000 miles on a stock Geo Storm clutch. I guess we are kind to clutches.

Maybe if only a few hundred dollars then do it, otherwise I wouldn't blow a lot of money at your milage unless a special driving circumstance warrants a replacement.

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
question is should/could I pay for new clutch disc since trans needs taken out to replace syndrome rings? I'm no expert but it seems smart to replace even if I buy the clutch since it's already apart, or nah?????
I'd wait till the next time they are in there... 😂
We all know it could be twice.

Depends how you are on the clutch. Somehow my household got 230,000 miles on a stock Geo Storm clutch. I guess we are kind to clutches.
I'm at 234k and going on my Focus clutch. And I have not been easy on it at all. So 100k at least should be easy.

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd wait till the next time they are in there... 😂
We all know it could be twice.

I'm at 234k and going on my Focus clutch. And I have not been easy on it at all. So 100k at least should be easy.
My last Focus was at 192 on the original clutch when I sold it. Good technique will make a clutch last forever. Offroading is a little harder on them but the crawl gear eliminates a lot of need to slip.

I'm with you, wait til at least the next time, I'm sure this story isn't over.

tomo56

Badlands
First Name
TK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 - 4Runner, 2021 Tundra SRS, 2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From what I have been reading is mixed....some owners reported this issue even after the TSB was implemented for their Bronco, multiple times, others have gotten a new transmission and still reported this as well; others this seemed to resolve. However, from the owners who got the TSB they said that if its warm outside (spring/summer) they did not notice the noise again until the weather got cold, again. I am REALLY hoping that this is resolved for me because I have been looking forward to owning/enjoying my Bronco for a while. I have not read anything about replacing the clutch resolving this noise. There are plenty of other threads that have posted additional information, I would suggest reading this thread on Bronco6G, below.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-rotational-scraping-noise-in-the-7mts.63324/

cpmartin1999

Badlands
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 2020 VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From what I have been reading is mixed....some owners reported this issue even after the TSB was implemented for their Bronco, multiple times, others have gotten a new transmission and still reported this as well; others this seemed to resolve. However, from the owners who got the TSB they said that if its warm outside (spring/summer) they did not notice the noise again until the weather got cold, again. I am REALLY hoping that this is resolved for me because I have been looking forward to owning/enjoying my Bronco for a while. I have not read anything about replacing the clutch resolving this noise. There are plenty of other threads that have posted additional information, I would suggest reading this thread on Bronco6G, below.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-rotational-scraping-noise-in-the-7mts.63324/
thanks, i actually know this problem well, i also had a previous Bronco Manual with the same noise. My question was more about replacing the clutch since the whole trans would already be apart and the clutch is a normal wear item similar to brake pads. The clutch wouldnt be covered but since its already out i am assuming all id pay is the price of the clutch no extra labor.
Sponsored