First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The TSB has maybe been updated but ford issued a fix and TSB about this time last year if not earlier
I meant it's only been a week since he had the TSB performed.
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A month on the nose actually.

2F this morning an it was no louder than yesterday, so I have that going for me, which is nice.
Disappointing to say the least. Did the dealer who did the TSB have any words of wisdom?

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Disappointing to say the least. Did the dealer who did the TSB have any words of wisdom?
No I haven't contacted them. I'm not taking it back in unless it breaks down or gets embarrassingly loud. Once I move south I won't have to hear it much. 😂

TavisB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 ManSquatch, 10 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Darn. I was hoping maybe they revised the parts again. The noise is embarrassing so I'm willing to take a shot with the TSB work.

Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No I haven't contacted them. I'm not taking it back in unless it breaks down or gets embarrassingly loud. Once I move south I won't have to hear it much. 😂
Lol. Mine's getting close to the embarrassing threshold for the first 5 minutes. Several times I've been on the verge of calling to get the TSB done then I see failed TSB results on this thread day after day...I'm gonna ride her out until end of powertrain warranty or until she blows, whichever comes first.

91tii

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, BMW E30
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm at 9k miles since having the TSB completed now. It has been consistently below freezing here and I really have to listen to hear anything while idling in neutral/clutch out, still shifts and drives perfectly fine. It does make a little noise that I can hear while driving in low gears but not super loud and goes away after a couple miles. It'll be well below 0F (lows approaching -20 before windchill) next week so we'll see how it sounds then.

Begster

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This thread has been pretty quiet. We seem to be pretty deep into winter. Almost seems like this may be fixing the vast majority of the issues...
The vast majority of the issues probably still haven't been replaced yet. Tuesday will be exactly one year since I brought mine into the dealership, where they ordered parts and told me to take it home until they get everything. They're still waiting on tools...

And mine made noise all summer long, not just in the cold.

Kilgore

Badlands
First Name
Kilgore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just over 3,700 miles since having the TSB performed. Temperatures have ranged from 31F to the low 50's. The transmission remains silent and shifts great. Usage has been a mix of low speed towing near max capacity to interstate speeds.

Other than the TSB issue and a damaged rear hatch gasket replaced under warranty, the rig has had zero issues.

Will keep reporting.

5,100 miles since the TSB. It's been 19-21F and no noise. Shifts great.

Quote above details my saga on getting here. Of course things can go to hell tomorrow, but very happy for now.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

5,100 miles since the TSB. It's been 19-21F and no noise. Shifts great.

Quote above details my saga on getting here. Of course things can go to hell tomorrow, but very happy for now.
Have to wonder what kind of tolerances the Chinese are using. Makes no sense that some are silent yet others are still noisy. Loose tolerances that allow for a wide range of sizes could be one possibility.

Sponsored

Off road enthusiast

Badlands
First Name
Agi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hate to say this but eventually, the noise will come back at some point, no matter if you got the TSB done or a new transmission, including the AB one. I am on my third transmission, (the latest AB version) and still hear the same noise. The noise was gone for a few months (3K miles) and it recently came back, but not as loud as on my last transmission. Bronco Owners who have not reported this problem yet, either don’t get bothered by the noise or think this kind of noise is normal.. This issue can only be resolved if Ford comes up with a newly designed transmission NOT from Getrag. Ford should have learned its lesson with the Mustang MT82, for which you have thousands of complaints from Mustang owners. Recall of MT82: https://theweeklydriver.com/2022/05...t=Some suffered complete transmission failure
They decided to use cheap, Chinese transmissions, and the consequences are these that we have seen every day with our Broncos for the last three years.

Last edited:

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This issue can only be resolved if Ford comes up with a newly designed transmission NOT from Getrag.
Doubt it's going to happen though. If I had to put money on it I bet they drop the 7MT entirely for the 7G.

For the long term someone might have to come up with a TR4050 swap adapter set, but you'll be losing 2 gears and have big gear splits. Or a AX15, still losing 2 gears, better splits for road use, but no crawler.

balckstang93

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 base bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Bought a 2022 base with 4500 miles 3 weeks ago. Noticed the death rattle the next day. Took it in today. They are waiting on 2 parts and supposed to have them tomorrow. Ill report back. Im not too confident tho.

bodean

Base
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
76 Mini, 99 4Runner, 07 FJ Cruiser, 16 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So we should just get ready to lemon law every MT sold?
Have we actually seen any failures?

Yes it is annoying, but has the noise left anyone stranded?
Sponsored