First Name
Ball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If i was you i would just leave it as it is. They are all clueless and i don't thing this will ever be fixed forever. Pretty sure ford is just going to retire the manual. Sad but true.

Mine as the TSB done but it is still there at cold start but way quieter than before. Time will tell if it will be louder later on. Hopefully Tremec will make a aftermarket one in the future!
The issue I have is it's not just a noise for me and small number of other cases. Along with the noise over time the noise becomes more noticable and actual intermittent performance related issues spring up. The original transmission would start randomly grinding on 2nd. Experienced the vehicle rev out with clutch to the floor on a handful of occasions. Had TSB done and within 1000 miles grinding and bucking randomly along with noise becoming more obnoxious over time. New transmission the noise slowly has gotten louder and I now experienced hard shift into gear now on 2nd about 50%, then still the infamous noise along with 2 on occasions having the random high rev like something is stuck in gear but the vehicle has clutch to floor. Hard to just leave it. Ford didn't deliver! After each repair things are initially good but within a few hundred or thousand miles back to sloppy, rough shift handle and elevating noise over time.
Sponsored

First Name
Ball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hahaha Ford says all the scraping, hard shift in 2nd is normal operation and refuse to do anymore service. Ford is a joke. Last vehicle I ever buy from them. Talk to my lawyer!

Off road enthusiast

Badlands
First Name
Agi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hahaha Ford says all the scraping, hard shift in 2nd is normal operation and refuse to do anymore service. Ford is a joke. Last vehicle I ever buy from them. Talk to my lawyer!
You should ask your dealer, If that was "normal operation" why there is a TSB for the same problem..

First Name
Ball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You should ask your dealer, If that was "normal operation" why there is a TSB for the same problem..
I've been up down and all around with this thing. Argued, ignored, TSBs, replacement transmissions...... Ford will never fix this issue! NEVER.. it's not worth the stress anymore. I'll just drive it till it fails or gets so loud they can't say it's normal. Done with the dealership. I'll get this gremlin serviced elsewhere.

Willub

Badlands
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been up down and all around with this thing. Argued, ignored, TSBs, replacement transmissions...... Ford will never fix this issue! NEVER.. it's not worth the stress anymore. I'll just drive it till it fails or gets so loud they can't say it's normal. Done with the dealership. I'll get this gremlin serviced elsewhere.
Oh boy. He’s back.

Sponsored

Eviljazz

Big Bend
First Name
Jean-Francois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Anyone who had a transmission replacement would be king enought to give me your serial # so my dealer can check what ford as been done? I'm fighting for a new trans but they never had to do it before

I told them that lots of owner on forums had their transmission replace and now they ask me serial so they can check in their system what ford has approove.

Thanks guys!

aonorato

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ, Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I hate to say this but eventually, the noise will come back at some point, no matter if you got the TSB done or a new transmission, including the AB one. I am on my third transmission, (the latest AB version) and still hear the same noise. The noise was gone for a few months (3K miles) and it recently came back, but not as loud as on my last transmission. Bronco Owners who have not reported this problem yet, either don’t get bothered by the noise or think this kind of noise is normal.. This issue can only be resolved if Ford comes up with a newly designed transmission NOT from Getrag. Ford should have learned its lesson with the Mustang MT82, for which you have thousands of complaints from Mustang owners. Recall of MT82: https://theweeklydriver.com/2022/05/the-ford-mt82-transmission-recall/#:~:text=The Ford MT82 transmission was faulty for many years.&text=Some suffered complete transmission failure
They decided to use cheap, Chinese transmissions, and the consequences are these that we have seen every day with our Broncos for the last three years.
Thanks for this- I brought mine in to have the issue documented, with the knowledge that some people were getting the synchros replaced (with the issue returning anyway) and some people were getting new transmissions. The person I spoke with at Ford who knew about the TSB told me that it wouldn't matter if the rings were replaced, but that it also wouldn't matter if transmission was replaced because the faulty part was the same in the new trans. I hadn't heard the latter, so I am glad to see that discussed here. I do however feel that my Bronco is just not running or shifting as well as it once was and I'm headed on a x-country trip soon with a good amount of off-road occurring so I'm starting to feel a little stressed about it.

Off road enthusiast

Badlands
First Name
Agi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for this- I brought mine in to have the issue documented, with the knowledge that some people were getting the synchros replaced (with the issue returning anyway) and some people were getting new transmissions. The person I spoke with at Ford who knew about the TSB told me that it wouldn't matter if the rings were replaced, but that it also wouldn't matter if transmission was replaced because the faulty part was the same in the new trans. I hadn't heard the latter, so I am glad to see that discussed here. I do however feel that my Bronco is just not running or shifting as well as it once was and I'm headed on a x-country trip soon with a good amount of off-road occurring so I'm starting to feel a little stressed about it.
My Ford dealer is very supportive, and the service manager is extremely knowledgeable. He contacted Ford Motors recently about this ongoing issue, and he told me that there is not a real, permanent fix to this problem at this point.

He was very disappointed with the answers he received from Ford Motors.

Chippewa-Pin

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Fe, Tucson, Z4, T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't doubt you guys and what the Ford dealerships are telling you, but I had the syncros replaced a year ago and the problem went away.

While I realize that others had the same thing done and they said the noise returned, there are others who also have not had the noise return.

I don't understand how it could work for some and not for others.

Sponsored

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The MT82 has some issues but does not have the rattle. The fluid they use (BG, Amsoil) does nothing to quiet the MT88. I tried to contact Calimer to see his opinion but crickets.

Nothing is grinding, the parts rattle together. Not saying that is good but it's not like you are going to have a bunch of shavings in the fluid to cause any damage. It is a common issue with Getrag Transmissions, even the ones made in Germany. Check out BMW and other forums that use a Getrag transmission. 100% agree it should not make the rattle sound but just check with the techs that have worked on these. No abnormal wear and or shavings in the fluid. @Ducati1098 can confirm. In all the posts, I can only think of one that had an issue and there is no background story as the pics were lifted from Facebook. Back then, there were burnt clutches too so most likely some joy riding abuse that toasted the clutches and the one tranny.

I've got the rattle at Idle and slow crawling in C, 1, 2, shifts like a dream, no fear of failure but do want the sound taken care of. When your 80 something mom gets in and says whats wrong with your Bronco, you know its loud. Kind of embarrassing when people are around.
Since there have been no known failures because of the rattle I would say a good loud aftermarket exhaust my be the cure.

aonorato

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ, Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My Ford dealer is very supportive, and the service manager is extremely knowledgeable. He contacted Ford Motors recently about this ongoing issue, and he told me that there is not a real, permanent fix to this problem at this point.

He was very disappointed with the answers he received from Ford Motors.
Thank you- I'm sharing this info within some of the other groups of people who believe the problem will be fixed with synchro or transmission replacement.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't doubt you guys and what the Ford dealerships are telling you, but I had the syncros replaced a year ago and the problem went away.

While I realize that others had the same thing done and they said the noise returned, there are others who also have not had the noise return.

I don't understand how it could work for some and not for others.
It's just a game of metallurgy and tolerances. Metal shrinks and expands depending on the temp, and the synchro rings are friction components to begin with. Impossible to have every piece come out identical and placed into service in similar scenarios.

I too am someone who hasn't had the noise return (yet, anyway). But even if the noise does return... we've seen no evidence of long term damage, and the two transmissions I've personally seen apart with the issue looked flawless. So I'm not too worried about it.

Chippewa-Pin

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Fe, Tucson, Z4, T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's just a game of metallurgy and tolerances. Metal shrinks and expands depending on the temp, and the synchro rings are friction components to begin with. Impossible to have every piece come out identical and placed into service in similar scenarios.

I too am someone who hasn't had the noise return (yet, anyway). But even if the noise does return... we've seen no evidence of long term damage, and the two transmissions I've personally seen apart with the issue looked flawless. So I'm not too worried about it.
That makes sense. Thank you! I've driven manual transmissions for 40 years and have never experienced or heard of anything like this before.
Sponsored