First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yup. Anyone that doesn’t give a shit is a fool. Or just lazy. But nothing surprises me these days
To say someone doesn't give a sh*t or is just lazy is being overly juvenile. Not everybody needs to suffer from High Blood Pressure. Some of us don't want to have a stroke expecting the Perfection impossibility. To each their own. I prefer to enjoy the process rather then be a harpy about every little detail of a vehicle I don't even own yet.
Sponsored

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
My salesman already hates me. Once I inspect the car, he’s REALLY gonna hate me. I plan to pull off every panel and inspect every square inch. All edges, surfaces, seals, seems, fit, etc. (and that’s just the roof). With the intent on claiming any and all of it before I take possession.
What good will that do, they can't fix any of it.

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
What good will that do, they can't fix any of it.
So that it’s documented in the event that they can’t fix it, and I don’t get stuck with it
Ford Bronco MIC Top -Day 2 comments & pics 1626799100982

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So that it’s documented in the event that they can’t fix it, and I don’t get stuck with it
Why would you get stuck with it? Its a known issue, its not like you have a dent or scratch the dealer can claim it wasn't like that when it left the lot.

Delamination of the hard top inside of 3 weeks has no other plausible excuse, I guess unless you listen to some folks on here and put wax on it.

Dealing with dealers, the hours wasted telling NO to the finance guy...do you really thing adding more time to do a cavity inspection on just the top is actually going to make the difference between you being on the hook or not?

I think better time would be spent inspecting the rest of the vehicle, And maybe glancing at the top for any blatant issues.

Not saying don't do it...totally up to you. I just worry that folks are going to think if they miss a single flaw in the car, that Ford is going to blow them off and they are on their own.

Sponsored

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why would you get stuck with it? Its a known issue, its not like you have a dent or scratch the dealer can claim it wasn't like that when it left the lot.

Delamination of the hard top inside of 3 weeks has no other plausible excuse, I guess unless you listen to some folks on here and put wax on it.

Dealing with dealers, the hours wasted telling NO to the finance guy...do you really thing adding more time to do a cavity inspection on just the top is actually going to make the difference between you being on the hook or not?

I think better time would be spent inspecting the rest of the vehicle, And maybe glancing at the top for any blatant issues.

Not saying don't do it...totally up to you. I just worry that folks are going to think if they miss a single flaw in the car, that Ford is going to blow them off and they are on their own.
I don’t doubt warranty will cover it. But I don’t like the idea of driving around with a brand new damaged bronco. Hoping the sooner it’s found, the sooner it gets fixed. And if it turns out to be a lemon I’d like to start documenting ASAP. I can see one of these leaking issues leading to a lemon law claim.

saban

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The fact that Ford didn't decide to reach out to order holders and ask if they wanted to change to just a soft top blows my mind. Or just have some fall back plan

Pibblemobile

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 XLT 302A
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah, call it first world problems when the top on your $50k+ brand new vehicle starts swelling from moisture and crumbles away while you wait for the dipshit company that screwed up that top to give you a new one that might be worse.

This is unacceptable and these tops should be 100% perfect out of the factory. No swells, scratches, delamination, snakeskinning...none of it. The more of this garbage I see the more I think I want to push my order to a 2022 and hope these morons find some competence or get their shit together in a few extra months.

This is beyond ridiculous.
1st new vehicle? All vehicles new and used have imperfections, some worse than others. I doubt anyone is going to get a perfect top because plastic has scratches and imperfections…just how it is. I’m with you on swelling, moisture issues, etc. but you won’t get a perfect top.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1st new vehicle? All vehicles new and used have imperfections, some worse than others. I doubt anyone is going to get a perfect top because plastic has scratches and imperfections…just how it is. I’m with you on swelling, moisture issues, etc. but you won’t get a perfect top.
nope, but it will be the most expensive vehicle I've bought and have made sacrifices in order to get it. I want it right and there's nothing wrong with that. If folks are willing to accept mediocre craftsmanship on their vehicle, cool. I am not one of those people. It doesn't have to be a flawless Lambo but it's going to be right or made right if I don't like it.
Sponsored