First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 4dr, 22 6.7L Tremor, 1940 Ford Cpe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Personally, I think this is a conspiracy by Ford because they know these engines won't last until the powertrain warranty is up. Regardless if you use 6 or 7 quarts, Ford will tell you that it was incorrect amount of oil and they won't cover the engine loss.
Now that’s some different logic….seriously?
Sponsored

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BRBlue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hopefully Ford will update the manual to make my gas tank hold 25 gallons. I could use the extra range.

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hmmmm..... I'm doing my 3rd oil change this weekend and have been putting 7qt previously. No leaks, no issues....

Going to verify script and PN on dipstick. From what I gathered it was only two months the wrong dipstick was installed.

Fyi, if you go a quart low, saying you put 6 in..... Your oil light will come on bcuz you are now at 5qts. Outside of that ur good

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As the title says, Ford just released a new SSM yesterday to hopefully clear up some of the confusion about the incorrect oil dipstick for the 2.7 that some people were ordering.
SSM 51014.jpg
Yeah, this makes sense being as I just bought / picked up the MB3Z6750F today :sneaky:

Flip is my dealer, he swapped it out under warranty and started all this mess. ;)
Dadgumit @flip, you owe me $22.17!!! :p

Sponsored

Planet_Express_IV

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah, this makes sense being as I just bought / picked up the MB3Z6750F today :sneaky:

Dadgumit @flip, you owe me $22.17!!! :p
I'll take that off your hands if you no longer want it, I keep trying to order one but can't get it, lol.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll take that off your hands if you no longer want it, I keep trying to order one but can't get it, lol.
Local dealership got in a week, after signs pointed to > a month.
I think I'm just going to split the difference at 6.5 Qts. Take that Ford :ROFLMAO:

Planet_Express_IV

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Local dealership got in a week, after signs pointed to > a month.
I think I'm just going to split the difference at 6.5 Qts. Take that Ford :ROFLMAO:
Lol, my local dealers didn't want to even try, and ordering the -b online got canceled right away also, so that's frustrating.

Well they did say anything between 6-7 quarts is acceptable now, even though that muddles the point as to what is 1 vs 2 quarts low now.

I found the part on Ford Parts allegedly to be shipped from the local dealer for less than that $22.17, but we'll see if it ships though.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why am I now more confused?
I agree. So it is actually 7, but Ford says 6 is okay because they installed the wrong dipsticks on a bunch of 2.7L Broncos, but we should really be using 7?

Planet_Express_IV

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I agree. So it is actually 7, but Ford says 6 is okay because they installed the wrong dipsticks on a bunch of 2.7L Broncos, but we should really be using 7?
According to Ford they filled these specific 2.7L EcoBoosts with 7.5 quarts at the factory, but because of the dip sticks reading massively over full with 7.5 quarts factory fill and 7 quarts service fill they want you to only use 6 quarts now, however in the same breath they said running 7 quarts would not hurt anything so try to make heads or tails of that.

Either chase down the MB3Z-6750-B/F dip stick and keep filling the engine to 7 quarts on the service fill, or drain oil down to 6 quarts with the FT4Z-6750-B/C dip stick that your Bronco came from the factory with.

Neither 6 or 7 quarts should cause any issue in normal on road use, but if you run extended oil service intervals or run into what you may feel is excessive oil consumption then running only 6 quarts will be worse for margin on maintaining sufficient oil at the end of the service interval (i.e. down to 5 quarts or below).

For off road use you need oil to maintain enough oil near the sump pick up tube even at angles, and that is going to be harder at a 6 quart fill for this engine I would suspect.

jd-ford-hd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘16 Explorer, ‘13 F150, ‘99 F350, '74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is exactly why I parked my 2dr Big Bend w/2.7 and ordered a Badlands 2dr w/2.3.! I would NEVER drive a vehicle with a questionable dipstick, endangering the lives of my family and the innocent motorists, with correct dipsticks, that I share the road with.!! 🤪🤪

10K_Vet

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Why do I feel like we're here:
Ford Bronco New SSM 51014 released by Ford explaining 2.7 engine dipstick confusion 1660388036364

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well, I guess that I will continue to split the difference, the same amount of oil seems to come out as I put in and I seem to have had no issues over the past 33,000 miles... so, I am going to call it done at 6.5 quarts.
Wow, 33k?! Almost out of the bumper to bumper warranty though?! Well done, when did you take delivery?
Sponsored