Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Something isn’t adding up here.

pan-y-cerveza said:

This thread hopefully won't go off the rails as well. The man is getting his truck and we don't know the whole story and that's fine. The two parties have come to an agreement. Sounds like both parties agree they fucked up.
Sponsored

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So the dealer wins twice? The sell a 2021 bronco at the 10K ADM and by the time you get a 2022 Bronco the ADM's will have likely faded into the sunset and you will be paying the maximum of what anyone would be paying?

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
pan-y-cerveza said:

This thread hopefully won't go off the rails as well. The man is getting his truck and we don't know the whole story and that's fine. The two parties have come to an agreement. Sounds like both parties agree they fucked up.
I still don’t see how there was an agreement here. Sounds to me like you caved to them. They should sell you the 2022 for below MSRP or offer you a bunch of free Bronco accessories for the trouble they put you through. 🤷‍♂️

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glad it seems to have come to a resolution, albeit not a perfect resolution

And yeah… the other post got a little out of hand in my opinion, and other dealers are taking notice. I asked my dealer if I could leave a positive review of my experience online. He said “sure, absolutely!” under the one condition that it was not posted on Bronco6G.

We talked about it a bit and I saw their point of view and ultimately decided to remove all mention of my dealer on these forums. Once it gets to a point where police are starting to get involved because people are getting threats over the internet… it’s gone too far.

Sponsored

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And yeah… the other post got a little out of hand in my opinion, and other dealers are taking notice. I asked my dealer if I could leave a positive review of my experience online. He said “sure, absolutely!” under the one condition that it was not posted on Bronco6G.

We talked about it a bit and I saw their point of view and ultimately decided to remove all mention of my dealer on these forums. Once it gets to a point where police are starting to get involved because people are getting threats over the internet… it’s gone too far.
I hear what you are saying, and I don't want anybody threatened or hurt. That said, dealers have exploited the power imbalance in the car buying process for a long time, much to the buyers dismay and the profitable entertainment of the dealerships and salesmen. They should recognize that a very large % of the buying public thinks they are irrelevant, and only 8% think positively about them. I am not averse to a little adversarial element added into the equation. If it causes them to think twice about things...so be it.

In short, they need to stop f&*%ing people.

AP_2004

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E46 M3, IS250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

I still think it’s only right that their fake 5 star reviews be removed if the 1 star reviews telling buyers to beware of their practices have to go. Now if there’s a review that used threatening or offensive language, that should def be removed.

OP
OP
Sherminiator

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I am not averse to a little adversarial element added into the equation. If it causes them to think twice about things...so be it.

In short, they need to stop f&*%ing people.
I'll say this-as what has been demonstrated in the other thread, you'll get more attention with honey then vinegar.

Follow the process-Reach out to Ford first if this situation is happening. They do want to help avoid situations like this because it doesn't reflect well on them nor the dealership bodies. There has been roll backs of ADMs by dealerships in different situations over the past few days with the Maverick and Bronco.

I get it that people are passionate and fired up about the Bronco-look at what happened to be as a cautionary tail...this whole thing could have gone really really badly for me. I have a path forward to take and its the "best case scenario" IMO...what is another couple months to wait? That is worst thing.

OP
OP
Sherminiator

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I still think it’s only right that their fake 5 star reviews be removed if the 1 star reviews telling buyers to beware of their practices have to go. Now if there’s a review that used threatening or offensive language, that should def be removed.
From what I understand, reviews can't be removed on Google, only edited?

Sponsored

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'll say this-as what has been demonstrated in the other thread, you'll get more attention with honey then vinegar.

Follow the process-Reach out to Ford first if this situation is happening. They do want to help avoid situations like this because it doesn't reflect well on them nor the dealership bodies. There has been roll backs of ADMs by dealerships in different situations over the past few days with the Maverick and Bronco.

I get it that people are passionate and fired up about the Bronco-look at what happened to be as a cautionary tail...this whole thing could have gone really really badly for me. I have a path forward to take and its the "best case scenario" IMO...what is another couple months to wait? That is worst thing.
Adversarial doesn't mean rude, mean, violent, angry etc. Disagree politely, but firmly. Stand my ground, without yelling and cursing. Being aware that if they treat me poorly, I will cancel all future business with them (including Lightning RSVP) I will tell a whole lot of people my story, and my storytelling gets better, more grandiose and more embellished as time goes on.

I am a process guy, so I intend to work the process if there is an issue. That said, after a 17 month wait, I just don't want to be harrassed when trying to put an end to this long process.

So, the dealership having an awareness of, and recognizing that it might not be worth squeezing me for a few extra K is fine by me. If dealerships have a sense of trepidation about online forums...good. Stop f*$&ing people, and maybe we can get back to sensible practices.

jxc

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord/CX-5/A5 Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The end result is that I will be buying a 2022 Bronco at MSRP from DCH Ford of Eatontown. The reason I did this both the GM and I had a good conversation earlier in the morning and cleared the air about the situation.
Hopefully he (at least) paid for dinner.

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds to me like the negative publicity got to him and he realized he @#*$ed up!
Haha right. I tell people this all the time. If enough people leave bad reviews some dealer will actually change their mind and do good on it. I've probably left atleast 10 bad reviews on dealers charging ADM on customer orders trying to take advantage of them. Not all. But sometimes it works.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.