Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 3.5 Boost and 2009 6.4 Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It appears the dealer has gotten all the recent reviews removed from Google.
Interesting, mine is still up when I look. I wonder if I’ve been shadow-banned? Those sneaky bas*****
Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
As we know, the deal price is between the dealer and customer. And sounds like there are regulatory/legal reasons why that can't change (for now).

But I wonder if there is a way for Ford to implement a policy, requiring the dealer and customer to agree on price, before placing the order? That could go a long way towards reducing these situations where ADM or other charges are sprung on the customer last minute when the vehicle arrives.

This way, the deal price would still be between the dealer and customer as required, but the price would be out in the open for both parties to see and agree, before placing the order.

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Interesting, mine is still up when I look. I wonder if I’ve been shadow-banned? Those sneaky bas*****
Yeah mine shows as well. I believe it will remain visible to the author even if deleted.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

What it boils down to is that the whole situation on both sides was handled terribly.

If the whole thing that transpired here didn't happen (which I took accountability for, but was not my intention for to go that badly), this would have been most likely taken care of by Ford internally. But the thread festered over the weekend and the reviews, which obviously are important to dealerships showed that. You also might consider the fact that what happened has caught the eyes of other dealerships, so this may not happen as much going forward, which is a good thing for the community. Plus do you think they are going to double down on stupidity after all of this?

I spoke with the GM, apologized for my part, and they apologized for their actions and the GM wanted to make things right, even though they didn't have to. I have no problem with working with someone that is willing to work with me. We cleared the air and have made things better for people down the road.

So if my "punishment" is waiting another six months or whatever for what happened, I'll take that, but in the grand scheme of things this will hopefully make everything better for everyone.

But its also obvious that some people on here are just out for blood no matter what-which doesn't help anyone. I get that people are passionate and my passion lead me to what I did last week, but I also realize that yeah I was wrong for some of my actions I did too. Its called growth.
DCH got caught and they are simply doing damage control. Sorry, nothing you did will make it better for the next guy.

As I posted in your other thread, someone, who wishes to remain anonymous, sent me this email. They attempted to get "DCH FORD OF EATONTOWN" to tell them how much they would have to pay for a Bronco and if there would be any ADM on top of the MSRP. They did this as "DCH FORD OF EATONTOWN" said they want you to "have a signed buyer's order" to guarantee your price at delivery.

Yet, when you look at their email, "DCH FORD OF EATONTOWN" refuses to say what you will pay until your Bronco arrives, you can't make this stuff up, here is a copy of the email.

"Pricing will depend on the "Market Conditions" at time of sale" = ADM

1634679081021-png.png

StevieD23

Wildtrak
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra, 2021 AMB Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So first, it sounds like you got it up the rear without any lube and then they apologized and invited you to a make-up dinner but then they left you with the bill. Not sure how you were made right by the situation, but hey, congrats?

Sponsored

Panaran

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CX5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I wanted break this out because the other thread has gotten toxic and share the good news.

The end result is that I will be buying a 2022 Bronco at MSRP from DCH Ford of Eatontown. The reason I did this both the GM and I had a good conversation earlier in the morning and cleared the air about the situation.

The order will be expedited and I will have a signed purchase order when the order is done to buy it at MSRP.

Also as I asked before, if you left a negative review on Google/Yelp, etc. Please edit/remove it if possible.
Where is the good news in this? The dealer screwed you out of your Bronco, is getting $10k more from somebody else, and you have to wait another year to get yours for the same price you originally agreed upon? The hell with that, they deserve every bad review they got from this board. Unless you have something from Ford themselves, this most likely won't be expedited at all. "Yes sir, your Bronco is expedited but something something supply line something, our hands are tied." I hope you do actually get your 22 sometimes soon, but this dealer is so full of shit. the ONLY fair resolution would be to sell you the Bronco that already delivered for MSRP, not a MY22 which they have zero control to expedite.

notbuildingrockets

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond, 2010 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I wanted break this out because the other thread has gotten toxic and share the good news.

The end result is that I will be buying a 2022 Bronco at MSRP from DCH Ford of Eatontown. The reason I did this both the GM and I had a good conversation earlier in the morning and cleared the air about the situation.

The order will be expedited and I will have a signed purchase order when the order is done to buy it at MSRP.

Also as I asked before, if you left a negative review on Google/Yelp, etc. Please edit/remove it if possible.
I'm glad you're getting one at a fair price, but something's still missing.

This is my guess as to what happened: you ordered a Bronco on spec, with either no deposit, or a deposit but no signed deal disclosure. For those who don't know - the order preview/build sheet IS NOT A BILL OF SALE. It's not a temporary bill of sale, it is not a deal disclosure, it's effectively nothing more than a preview of what has been ordered, with costs on it.

It seems prudent that if you're ordering a vehicle for the foreseeable future: SIGN A DEAL DISCLOSURE. This is useful for a few reasons - but mainly it ties the dealership to a price, that both parties have agreed on, in black and white, including ALL APPLICABLE FEES and an expectation of financing rates, etc. If the vehicle arrives and the dealership tries to mark it up you have something to refer back to, with signatures from both parties and notes.

Without something like this, you won't have a leg to stand on and I'm guessing that's what happened here.

Leave a deposit and sign a deal disclosure - with financing details and all dealer fees included before you leave the dealership!

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah mine shows as well. I believe it will remain visible to the author even if deleted.
Can always check in incognito mode.

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What it boils down to is that the whole situation on both sides was handled terribly.

If the whole thing that transpired here didn't happen (which I took accountability for, but was not my intention for to go that badly), this would have been most likely taken care of by Ford internally. But the thread festered over the weekend and the reviews, which obviously are important to dealerships showed that. You also might consider the fact that what happened has caught the eyes of other dealerships, so this may not happen as much going forward, which is a good thing for the community. Plus do you think they are going to double down on stupidity after all of this?

I spoke with the GM, apologized for my part, and they apologized for their actions and the GM wanted to make things right, even though they didn't have to. I have no problem with working with someone that is willing to work with me. We cleared the air and have made things better for people down the road.

So if my "punishment" is waiting another six months or whatever for what happened, I'll take that, but in the grand scheme of things this will hopefully make everything better for everyone.

But its also obvious that some people on here are just out for blood no matter what-which doesn't help anyone. I get that people are passionate and my passion lead me to what I did last week, but I also realize that yeah I was wrong for some of my actions I did too. Its called growth.
Congrats on your amicable resolution, but unfortunately DCH is permanently out in the information highway, thanks to an article written on Jalopnik;

Ford Dealer Wins Against Forum Community After Marking Up Bronco (jalopnik.com)

Sponsored

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My self respect is worth more to me than it clearly is to the Sherminator.

However the really sucky part here isn't that Sherminator repeatedly defiled himself....the really bad part is that a consumer was getting screwed and the end solution won't effect change.

In no way does the final result help anybody else in a similar position. Ford, the dealership and Sherminator all want to handle this in a hush hush, behind closed door manner. Nothing to see here. Move along.

All three of them might be happy with the result, however future customers will continue to be taken advantage of because nothing has changed. For every person that makes a stink about a bait and switch, there are many others that get run over and say nothing.

These bad dealerships will continue to act as they do until the consumers are able to organize and act with a clear, unified voice. Relying on twitter communications to Ford corporate employees, a forum thread listing dealers with ADM, as well as bombing yelp and google reviews as a way to communicate consumer dissatisfaction in this business model just isn't sustainable, efficient or encourage all dealers to act in good faith.

My hope in this antiquated process transforming doesn't rely on Ford or their dealerships. They are very happy with the status quo. Real change that benefits the end consumer will only happen when the consumers leverage their ability to come together and act more holistically for the good of all their stakeholders.

The tools, tech and connectivity are all there for the consumers to unite, change the paradigm and disrupt the status quo that favors only Ford and their dealers.

Viva la revolución!

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I also cleared the confusion with my dealer because of all the toxicity on this forum

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It appears the dealer has gotten all the recent reviews removed from Google.
might have just been google themselves, they usually toss these 'fire storm event' reviews from people that never set foot in the business, same goes for Yelp etc. And it's a good thing, otherwise you could just hire a group of people in some center in India to drag your competition's ratings down for no reason other than making your business look better. It just takes the sites a couple days to review what was going on.
I believe on yelp (if not all) you can also pay to have bad reviews removed or moved to the deep end. Take all reviews anywhere on any site with a grain of salt. Too many 5 star reviews on Amazon? Probably a card in the box promising some freebie for a 5 star review, I've gotten that many times. Never signed up for what ever free crap though. But I now start reading the 1-3 star reviews first on items that have thousands of 5 star reviews with little to no text.

OP
OP
Sherminiator

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My self respect is worth more to me than it clearly is to the Sherminator.

However the really sucky part here isn't that Sherminator repeatedly defiled himself....the really bad part is that a consumer was getting screwed and the end solution won't effect change.

In no way does the final result help anybody else in a similar position. Ford, the dealership and Sherminator all want to handle this in a hush hush, behind closed door manner. Nothing to see here. Move along.
Perhaps I'm being the adult here also-I can admit when I was wrong and apologize for it. The dealership GM did the same. We came to solution that takes care of both party's needs.

There is no need discuss what happened privately-all I can say was everything was done in good faith.

Trying to twist this to something else doesn't solve anything.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.