Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The NAPA Platinum is a Wix filter so price shop. I've found O'Reilly's to always be more expensive in my area.
Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After engine break in, going to full synthetic oil. Looking at Amsoil , used Shell Rotella in my old F250, had no issues. Any thoughts? Thanks folks.
Not sure if anyone has said it, but please ensure you only use an oil that is certified by Ford for your engine.

I know feelings about oil and oil brands can be all over the place, and I am in the AMSOIL camp for off-road and Castrol Edge full-synth for my old BMWs, but I use Motorcraft Full Synth because I purchased a package when I bought the Bronco.

Motorcraft is actually good oil and a great synth, so don’t discount it. No matter what oil you drive, just change within 5K miles.

I go off-road, so I keep on schedule. The certified list is in the oils and fluids area and think it’s a sticky, so download it. There is a certain AMSOIL that is on the certified or approved list, but not all. While under warranty, best to stick to that list.

Good luck with whichever brand you go with.

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mobil 5w30 synthetic every 5k. Summit had it for $16.xx per 5 quart jugs a few weeks ago.

Lou-Q

Wildtrak
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90,11,19 F250 15 mustang Gt 50th ann. 2020 gt 500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've been a Mobile One camp for a while, but I freely admit, if something else is on sale I will strongly consider it.

Pretty much all the name brand synth oils are going to far exceed what you need anyway and are certified.
I second Mobil 1. I've been using synthetic oil since the early 70's. Back then they called it "snake oil'
I had to buy a 24 can case at some warehouse in Chicago. Then Mobil 1 came along and was much easier to get.
For sure use a Ford filter (they have the patent), every other one is a little different.
My hot rod Ford diesel mechanic told me that.
We have three diesel Fords and I use Rotella synthetic.
On our gas vehicles I use Mobil 1 other than the old Caddy and old Vette, which I use some racing oil with high zinc . As a conclusion I agree that they are all about the same and they save your engine.
Lou

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is the Ford filter really that big a deal? 30 years of owning vehicles using various makes of oil filters and no engine wear issues.

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Is the Ford filter really that big a deal? 30 years of owning vehicles using various makes of oil filters and no engine wear issues.
It's really only a big deal if you're under warranty. Something goes south in your engine they will have an easy out on the repairs if they see an off brand filter. Even if it probably is a rebranded Purolator filter. Don't know if that still true but it was.

MLRey

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 18 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I go with the Pennzoil Ultra Platinum. Get the three 5 quart case from Amazon for between $80 and $90 which is a good price. Use it for all but my daughters VW. In all the reviews I've seen it's one of the best. Doubt you can go too wrong with any of the synthetics mentioned. I have used Mobil 1 and Amsoil. Amsoil is good but the most expensive even with discounts. Used to get Mobil 1 at Walmart but hate going in there anymore. I can get the Pennzoil delivered for about the same price as the Mobil 1 so it's my current top choice.

CarbonSteel

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
FRAM Endurance FE-11955. Full synthetic media and highest efficiency rating a.ong similar filters. 99+% @ 20 microns.

As for oil, you will gain more by maintaining a reasonable oil change interval.

Sponsored

CarbonSteel

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No, in fact, it is less efficient than most of the aftermarket brands.

hotrodtim

Wildtrak
First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 EXPEDITION,2009 F150,2003 LINCOLN AVIATOR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Amsoil is my choice in both our Wildtrak and Expedition , costly but for longevity and our investment 😎

wjtinfwb

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC, Excursion, Focus ST, Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I miss the days of running Rotella 5w-40 in my 94 TT Subi.

You’ll be fine with any quality Syn. Im of the opinion that Amsoil is far overrated for a daily/street vehicle. It will never be pushed to the limit or endure the conditions to warrant the cost. But to each their own, you won’t be making a mistake going with Ams.

Stick with something that matches or exceeds spec, something that protects against LSPI and you’re golden.
Agree. While both Bronco engines are turbocharged, it's not like they're built up race engines with huge boost or some other stress adder. Look for the Ford spec on a full-synthetic 5w-30 and focus more on a 5-6k oil change interval rather than the brand of oil. For the record, I use Castrol Full-Synthetic Edge 5w-30, mainly because its available anywhere including WalMart and usually for less than $25 a gallon. I'm a believer is trying to use the same brand and type of oil as consistently as possible. For filter, I use the OEM Motorcraft, I buy them off Amazon for about $10 bucks each, usually 2-3 at a time so I always have a spare. They come with all the needed o-rings and I trust Ford to have spec'd a filter that will easily exceed the engine's requirements. There's also a limited selection of these cartridge filters available, unlike the spin-on filters we're used to seeing. Use something that meets the spec and change it every 5-6k and you'll have nothing to worry about.

wjtinfwb

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC, Excursion, Focus ST, Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
FRAM Endurance FE-11955. Full synthetic media and highest efficiency rating a.ong similar filters. 99+% @ 20 microns.

As for oil, you will gain more by maintaining a reasonable oil change interval.
Interesting. That Fram Endurance, from the pictures, looks remarkably like the OEM Motorcraft High-Performance filter used in the Mustang Shelby GT500. It shows them available at WalMart for $12 bucks, I'll pick one up next time I'm forced into that Hell Hole and take a look.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Been using Amsoil since 1000 mile 1st change.
Sponsored