Sponsored

What is the most fun vehicle you have driven!! Bronco, Wrangler, anything else?

OP
OP
hemiblas

hemiblas

Base
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 base SAS Bronco, 2018 Rubi JL and JLU
Your Bronco Model
Base
392. I love my Bronco as a daily and it's fun to boot, but not fun like the 392.
20a.jpg
I just know that if I go test drive one, I'd be in serious debt. It looks great too!!
Sponsored

4wardMotion

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
392. I love my Bronco as a daily and it's fun to boot, but not fun like the 392.
20a.jpg
As I've mentioned elsewhere, off road stuff is not the world I come from, but was shocked to learn the Braptor came with a TT 3L V6 and not a big V8.. for nearly $100k.
I understand weight distribution for hardcore off-roaders, but I think that misses the point of of vehicles like this, which is the stupid fun factor lol

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
Iā€˜ve had literally dozens of great rides over my 48 years driving, (Including a ā€™21 Badlands) but the car thatā€™s the most fun is my 1974 VW Thing Acapulco Edition. Pure analogue driving and the most ā€œsmiles per mileā€ you can get on four wheels. I canā€™t begin to express how many strangers ask about it every time I take it out, which is often!

Ford Bronco What is the most fun vehicle you have driven!! Bronco, Wrangler, anything else? 217612129_858346841743760_7077857767503915022_n
My wife's uncle had a Thing, her grandma had a Karmann Ghia and her father had a bug, then a Jetta and a GTI, they are VW fans.
In 2012, I bought her a Fiat 500C 5speed manual cabrio and she absolutely loved it, she called it the coffee bean and you wouldn't believe the amount of people that approached us for a car that was fairly cheap. She likes the retro-cute look of the Fiat and I think that's what interested her in the Bronco. We sold the 500c to the sister in law and she still drives it frequently.
Ford Bronco What is the most fun vehicle you have driven!! Bronco, Wrangler, anything else? fiat-500c-above
Ford Bronco What is the most fun vehicle you have driven!! Bronco, Wrangler, anything else? Fiat-500c-lot

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
As I've mentioned elsewhere, off road stuff is not the world I come from, but was shocked to learn the Braptor came with a TT 3L V6 and not a big V8.. for nearly $100k.
I understand weight distribution for hardcore off-roaders, but I think that misses the point of of vehicles like this, which is the stupid fun factor lol
I'm glad they didn't put in a V8 because I'd be out the money it would take to buy one for sure. heh.

Sponsored

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I just know that if I go test drive one, I'd be in serious debt. It looks great too!!
That's one of the special edition AEV upfits; so yup, I'm still in debt. This is the last year they're making them, so if you want to go in debt, go now! (They're currently taking orders for the so called 'final edition').

Last edited:

roadtripper

Badlands
First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lots of fun reading through this thread. Enjoyed taking the trip down memory lane with yā€™all.

My Tesla Model 3 LR w/acceleration boost is pretty dang fun to drive. The overall build quality has been quite a letdown and I canā€™t wait to swap it out for my Badlands, but itā€™s got one hell of a powertrain. From 0-80, thereā€™s only a handful of cars that can match the thrill of the instant torque. Iā€™ll always remember the first time I put the pedal to the floor. My head snapped back, I felt the blood rush out of my face, and I realized I had my first really fast car.

But my best memories are from my 2002 VW GTI. My buddy and I traveled 15k miles over 59 days going up, down and all around the country. Hands down the coolest experience of my life. I can only dream of reproducing the same feelings of freedom and endless possibilities. We tent camped all but maybe 7-10 days when we wanted to explore some big cities and enjoy luxurious showers. That little GTI did more ā€œoff-roadingā€œ than a lot of mall crawler Broncos will ever do, from Gulf coast beaches to the Rocky Mountains and Southwest desert. I did alll of that driving since my buddy couldnā€™t drive a manual (tried to teach him before we took off and we were both afraid heā€™d break the car if he kept trying). Getting behind a clutch and shifter again is up there on the list of reasons I canā€™t wait for my Bronco.

Ford Bronco What is the most fun vehicle you have driven!! Bronco, Wrangler, anything else? 502
Ford Bronco What is the most fun vehicle you have driven!! Bronco, Wrangler, anything else? 849
Ford Bronco What is the most fun vehicle you have driven!! Bronco, Wrangler, anything else? 898

*The VW was not lowered, just packed with everything we brought with us to move to California at the end of our trip. It handled like a champ with all that weight. Only time we almost got stuck was on the sand on Mustang Island, TX.

CC1999

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2021 RAM TRX, 2023 GMC Denali HD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Ranger Raptor has been making me smile lately.
Ford Bronco What is the most fun vehicle you have driven!! Bronco, Wrangler, anything else? 1716405563711-l6

img_8295-jpeg.jpg

But it is really a toss up between these 3.
img_8156-jpeg.jpg

img_8153-jpeg.jpg

This one probably deserves at least an honorable mention even though I owed it a decade or so back. 2010 Raptor F150 with the 6.2L.
img_0112-jpeg.jpg

This is one in the current stable also worth an honorable mention, mainly because I never really dive it, its just a garage queen. But it always puts a smile on my face when I do take it out for a spin. LOL
b2153c62-9888-44b1-8f62-d6ecfa49fc66-jpeg.jpg
b695a2e8-46ec-41fd-a79b-fb0b2035b2d4-jpeg.jpg

0d538449-a6b9-47d0-bc43-89dd65c654dc-jpeg.jpg

Trail

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Ram 3500, Honda CRV, Charger Hellcat RE
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Toss up between my Rubicon, and Viper, for very different reasons. Neither of which I still own, the Rubicon was destroyed by a drunk woman who ran a red light, the Viper I sold because I'm stupid.

Sponsored

Mojave Norte

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4WD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
. . .
In 2012, I bought her a Fiat 500C 5speed manual cabrio and she absolutely loved it, she called it the coffee bean and you wouldn't believe the amount of people that approached us for a car that was fairly cheap. She likes the retro-cute look of the Fiat and I think that's what interested her in the Bronco. We sold the 500c to the sister in law and she still drives it frequently.
Ford Bronco What is the most fun vehicle you have driven!! Bronco, Wrangler, anything else? 0d538449-a6b9-47d0-bc43-89dd65c654dc-jpe
Ford Bronco What is the most fun vehicle you have driven!! Bronco, Wrangler, anything else? 0d538449-a6b9-47d0-bc43-89dd65c654dc-jpe

Wow this "coffee bean" is stylish. Looks 100% pure European
I can just see these buzzing around Roman traffic circles by the dozens

Ford Bronco What is the most fun vehicle you have driven!! Bronco, Wrangler, anything else? fiat-500c-above

amazingjason

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Samurai, 1966 442
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Iā€™ve owned these fun cars, all stick shifts:
02 WRX
95 Miata
91 Miata
06 Elise
66 Olds 442
88 Samurai
87 Samurai
23 2 door, ford performance tune, Heritage Edition Bronco
Honestly, the Miatas and the Samurais have been the most fun to drive.
Jason

HotLap

Outer Banks
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor and 2019 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My wife bought me some laps in some fun cars, I thought the Huricon would be my favorite of the bunch, however the GT3 was the most thrilling ride. That thing howls, and gave a new meaning to "it handles like it's on rails". Highly recommend if you ever get the chance.

I had an old 79' Z28 for awhile as a teenager, which for that time in my life, was the perfect back road cruiser. It was slow, and handled horribly, but windows down in the summer on back roads blasting music and the exhaust note, it was a blast.

I also had an E60 M5 for awhile, when it ran right, that V10 would scream and shifts banged right. I'm glad I experienced it, but I would not recommend owning one...

I'm super happy with my most recent purchase of a CTS V2 M6, my first experience with boost. It's torquey enough before you get into boost to be fun, but when you get into it, it pulls and pulls and pulls. Would recommend.

My wife's Bronco has been fun, our first new car, taking the top off is nice.
Awesome description of your Z28 adventuresā€¦sometimes the right car at the right timeā€¦is just pricelessšŸ˜ŽšŸ‘

HotLap

Outer Banks
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor and 2019 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Lots of fun reading through this thread. Enjoyed taking the trip down memory lane with yā€™all.

My Tesla Model 3 LR w/acceleration boost is pretty dang fun to drive. The overall build quality has been quite a letdown and I canā€™t wait to swap it out for my Badlands, but itā€™s got one hell of a powertrain. From 0-80, thereā€™s only a handful of cars that can match the thrill of the instant torque. Iā€™ll always remember the first time I put the pedal to the floor. My head snapped back, I felt the blood rush out of my face, and I realized I had my first really fast car.

But my best memories are from my 2002 VW GTI. My buddy and I traveled 15k miles over 59 days going up, down and all around the country. Hands down the coolest experience of my life. I can only dream of reproducing the same feelings of freedom and endless possibilities. We tent camped all but maybe 7-10 days when we wanted to explore some big cities and enjoy luxurious showers. That little GTI did more ā€œoff-roadingā€œ than a lot of mall crawler Broncos will ever do, from Gulf coast beaches to the Rocky Mountains and Southwest desert. I did alll of that driving since my buddy couldnā€™t drive a manual (tried to teach him before we took off and we were both afraid heā€™d break the car if he kept trying). Getting behind a clutch and shifter again is up there on the list of reasons I canā€™t wait for my Bronco.

*The VW was not lowered, just packed with everything we brought with us to move to California at the end of our trip. It handled like a champ with all that weight. Only time we almost got stuck was on the sand on Mustang Island, TX.
Niceā€¦itā€™s not the ride but the attitude and adventures thar countšŸ‘