T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco and 14 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, I'd buy a MT. I have a brandy new Grinder right now; 154 miles with the noise. Dealer knows about it and I'm in line for a full transmission replacement at the end of this month.
Sponsored

heynow14

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco - BL SAS MT LUX SOFT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a VERY early '22 SAS - had it for over a year now - never had the noise - 7MT is the best thing about an amazing vehicle. I would never have bought with an auto and I still have no desire to stop choosing my own gears.

Bigmatt

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thatā€™s the only reason I bought it. Been off-road in manual Jeeps my entire adult life so off-road in one is no big deal. Automatics are boring anyway!

Sponsored

Ford Guy

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F-150, '19 F-150, '03 Lightning, '02 Marauder
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I thought I wanted a standard two door... I took delivery of a Badlands 2 door 7mt... it was not convenient! Around the farm, with stop and go, it got annoying quickly.. Even though my mind told me I wanted a manual. I sold it, ordered an automatic Black diamond, (shifts like butter!) and am much happier now! I still have my mustang for those days I need the manual tranny fix!

PacoFitz

Badlands
First Name
Paco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the option to buy a badlands with the 7 speed. Question is, with all the problems people are having with the manual trans, do I get it or keep looking for an auto? How wide spread is the issue?
I have had zero issues with my 2021 MT

mamasquatch11

Black Diamond
First Name
wendy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 bronco sport big bend
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I love my manual Black Diamond 2 door. I heard the noise yesterday morning but when it warmed up it went away. What is Ford doing about this issue?

PRBronco

Badlands
First Name
Judy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrx, 79 F100
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love my MT 2door Badlands. Seven months now and have not heard the noise yetšŸ¤ž

Sponsored

Shabib

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Absolutely. I have over 12k miles and no noise. Taken it off roading and it handled amazingly well.

Unclebutter

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My original reservation was for 2.7 w/ 10 speed auto. After doing a Bronco sponsored off road event where I got to drive the 7MT, I changed my reservation to 2.3 w/7MT. I told my guide driver coach what I had on reservation. He told me that if we were on the freeway and I told you this was the 2.7, youā€™d believe me. I went directly to the dealership and changed my reservation to 2.3/MT. I removed everything that was holding up the order. Got the Badlands; went up two levels in trim and down several thousand in price. Couldnā€™t be happier with the rig. Driving these manuals is, or should I say, can be a little different. You can feather the clutch and accelerator like your used to. Or, you can let the clutch out to the sweet spot without adding any throttle. The Bronco automatically raises RMP a couple hundred and away you go. I think it is possible to shift this thing as smooth as any auto. Puts a smile on my face with every milešŸ˜Ž. Get the manual tranny while you can.
Yes, I have the noise.

TMort

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 VW Jetta wagon tdi 5spd
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Itā€™s the only Bronco I would get and Iā€™ve heard more issues with the auto Tran. In fact youā€™re the first person thatā€™s mentioned issues with the manual.

I have the option to buy a badlands with the 7 speed. Question is, with all the problems people are having with the manual trans, do I get it or keep looking for an auto? How wide spread is the issue?

JC2DR

Base
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base 2dr 2.3 7speed
Your Bronco Model
Base
I canā€™t imagine that youā€™ll hear no from many if at all. Mine has the noise but there is no issue driving. Hard to notice it now unless I try. It is however more fun than Iā€™ve had in years.