JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

11,000 + miles, 11 months, no noise and it gets cold enough in Cleveland.
That’s good to hear. Makes me have some hope
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

18K+ and temps below 20F I have to really make myself listen to hear it. If it wasn't for this thread, I would have never noticed it. I've got about 7K in trips planned this summer and am not worried a bit.

CapeCodCash

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco and 14 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Log your info on the spreadsheet please.
What is this spreadsheet? Who is using it, and what is it being used for? I saw a spreadsheet on a different post about the grinding issue, but it only had about 130 rows filled out.

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What is this spreadsheet? Who is using it, and what is it being used for? I saw a spreadsheet on a different post about the grinding issue, but it only had about 130 rows filled out.
It was created just to help take notes on the scraping noise issues and give us common place to share what our dealers are saying, seeing. Share if the same fix works for everyone so forth. Also for proof at your dealer your not the only one. Long term and hopefully we don't need it but if we need could be helpful in class action or if individuals decide to persue lemon they have extra facts. It's spotty but every but helps and updating your input as time goes. If we get a couple yes fixes then the rest know they have something that might resolve theirs as well or at least show dealers. It's only as useful as the information we update and share

CapeCodCash

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco and 14 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The FoMoCo agent said I have to drop the vehicle at the dealership. That's my plan to make them look at covering a rental since no loaners is available plus I paid for day 1 rental on the ESP plan. I dont know why the dealer hasn't looked at or mentioned any rental options. Already did the NHTSA file and have gotten no response I can file again. I totally plan to evaluate lemon laws and decide if I keep it, get back in line for new one or find another vehicle. I won't get in line if I can't get the MT or I haven't seen a fix or redesign. I haven't even taken the hardtop off yet or had a chance to open the in box brand new soft top
Wait until you open the box with the soft top. There’s a lot of pieces. Very intimidating if you’re not mechanical.

Sponsored

CapeCodCash

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco and 14 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It was created just to help take notes on the scraping noise issues and give us common place to share what our dealers are saying, seeing. Share if the same fix works for everyone so forth. Also for proof at your dealer your not the only one. Long term and hopefully we don't need it but if we need could be helpful in class action or if individuals decide to persue lemon they have extra facts. It's spotty but every but helps and updating your input as time goes. If we get a couple yes fixes then the rest know they have something that might resolve theirs as well or at least show dealers. It's only as useful as the information we update and share
Thanks for the info. I’ll fill out a row.

gtabert

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 gt350r / '65 f100 / '99 Silverado / '15 VW TDI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
18K+ and temps below 20F I have to really make myself listen to hear it. If it wasn't for this thread, I would have never noticed it. I've got about 7K in trips planned this summer and am not worried a bit.
That's the right attitude, can't live in fear of what others are experiencing. Not all are alike, mine is too new to claim I have no problem, but at day 12 of ownership and having just turned 900 miles on the way home tonight. all is well. I put my name on the spreadsheet with all information, in the comment section I noted no problems. I did not see any other No Problem comment (maybe I missed them). I know it's specificly looking for those with problems, but I think that skews the survey. To be fair, those without problems need a voice.

As for l3lackrose, I like the guy, he is a fixture here, I believe him, he has no reason to inflate his problem. He has a legitimate issue and has reason to rant, as do many others. The problem with social media sites, forums, is one problem begats two problems and it multiplies. Intentionally or not, everyone feeds on another. A problem becomes infectious, all of the sudden everyone is sick. Forums are a very small number of overall ownership. I've wondered and asked in the past, how many out of the Thousands of MT Broncos sold throughout the country are experiencing this problem. Its been going on since inception, there must be a total to draw from, who can provide that answer?

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Wait until you open the box with the soft top. There’s a lot of pieces. Very intimidating if you’re not mechanical.
Thankfully I bookmarked a Thread that covers it so should be a lot easier.

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That's the right attitude, can't live in fear of what others are experiencing. Not all are alike, mine is too new to claim I have no problem, but at day 12 of ownership and having just turned 900 miles on the way home tonight. all is well. I put my name on the spreadsheet with all information, in the comment section I noted no problems. I did not see any other No Problem comment (maybe I missed them). I know it's specificly looking for those with problems, but I think that skews the survey. To be fair, those without problems need a voice.

As for l3lackrose, I like the guy, he is a fixture here, I believe him, he has no reason to inflate his problem. He has a legitimate issue and has reason to rant, as do many others. The problem with social media sites, forums, is one problem begats two problems and it multiplies. Intentionally or not, everyone feeds on another. A problem becomes infectious, all of the sudden everyone is sick. Forums are a very small number of overall ownership. I've wondered and asked in the past, how many out of the Thousands of MT Broncos sold throughout the country are experiencing this problem. Its been going on since inception, there must be a total to draw from, who can provide that answer?
Thanks!

And no problem on NO problems entering data. Pretty much just been people documenting yes problem but like @Herbie said 11k +11 months going strong No noise and geographically we are same location so identical conditions. That would be good date to have so we can reach out in 6 months and check up on these longer drive no sounds ones

CapeCodCash

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco and 14 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thankfully I bookmarked a Thread that covers it so should be a lot easier.
There’s a good thread?? Can you share which one of you don’t mind?? I just started searching yesterday since I’m gonna have to build this crazy thing myself at some point.

Sponsored

UTultimate

Badlands
First Name
UltimateBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I’m not running the spread sheet but I don’t think we need it cluttered with people that aren’t having the problem, it’s specifically for those that are having the same grinding noise.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Half the mileage, but otherwise I could have typed out this post. Until (if) you have drivability issues, don't sweat it.

BaseManSquatch

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford has sold 162,250 Broncos so far (2021, 2022, 2023).

The manual model's take rate is impressive at roughly 15 percent.

162,250 x 15% = 24,337 (and a half!)

Out of 24,337 manual Broncos how many of them have the grinding noise?

Is it 0.1%, 1%, 10%?

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Well wife's 2022 Badlands 2dr has the grinding noise and it's getting worse.
Hear it both at cold start up and during slow speed up to 30 mph . Hope they come out with a fix soon or the aftermarket will eat this up...and ford will have alot of people to pay back.

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model