Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford has sold 162,250 Broncos so far (2021, 2022, 2023).

The manual model's take rate is impressive at roughly 15 percent.

162,250 x 15% = 24,337 (and a half!)

Out of 24,337 manual Broncos how many of them have the grinding noise?

Is it 0.1%, 1%, 10%?
Well at least 225 from here per poll. That's 1% gotta imagine there are more than double the number in the real world vs the poll here since most people aren't probably on Bronco6g or if they are not even taken the poll. My semi supported guess is 3-5% minimum which is from a product standpoint pretty high failure already and not acceptable by most standards. This is very conservative and I'm betting the number is much higher 10%+ also to note Lots of people that waited and followed this thread got their vehicle and reported it within hours or days of delivery on the newest 23s. Seemed most of them came back "add them to the noise club" this points to high odds

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/manual-transmission-noise-poll.61606/page-3
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is it 0.1%, 1%, 10%?
The "does your 7MT make noise" poll here was around 70% yes. Not even the 2.7 had that kind of rate. Since many of ours are very quiet or completely silent when temps are warm, or took several thousand miles to show, it would not surprise me if every 7MT has or will have this problem.

CapeCodCash

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco and 14 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

gtabert

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 gt350r / '65 f100 / '99 Silverado / '15 VW TDI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Is it 0.1%, 1%, 10%?
Thank you for the research data

The "does your 7MT make noise" poll here was around 70% yes. Not even the 2.7 had that kind of rate. Since many of ours are very quiet or completely silent when temps are warm, or took several thousand miles to show, it would not surprise me if every 7MT has or will have this problem.
Let's hope not, a 100% failure rate would have have a huge impact on Ford and every owner. In that case we'd all be in line for some time to clean up this mess. I have a GT350R, the problematic engine failure rate has more concerned than what actually exist. It did promote Ford to make engineering changes, a TSB was issued, but no recall. Have to wonder if this problem points to a specific builder or part manufacture. Different parts from outside suppliers in the hands of certain assembliers can cause erratic issues accross the board.

UTultimate

Badlands
First Name
UltimateBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The fact that every single replaced transmission failed to solve the problem leads me to believe it is exceedingly common. Unless it’s something about other defects (driveshaft angle?) on certain broncos that’s chewing these transmissions up.

Sponsored

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The fact that every single replaced transmission failed to solve the problem leads me to believe it is exceedingly common. Unless it’s something about other defects (driveshaft angle?) on certain broncos that’s chewing these transmissions up.
Same thought. All replacement trans had the issue reoccur shortly after. Leading to believe or associate really high Failure rate.

GatesHarris

Base
First Name
Gates
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TACOMA 4X4 Porsche Macan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Noise from the first day. Getting worse. Trans seems to shift just fine. Gonna wait for a fix.

Plan B: Keeping my old Ranger for a while.

Also, wipers don't work in heavy rain.

I pass my trucks down to my boys:

XTERRA 280k
RAM HEMI 240K
Taco 150K
Ranger 140K (not keeping, everyone has a truck )

Waiting to see about this one. Wondering how on earth a company could mess up a manual transmission and the windshield wipers.

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don’t know if I come to this thread to keep informed about the 7MT problems or for the entertainment.

It seems like back in elementary school when everyone went out for recess and there was this ONE playground bully.

WeirdGuy

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I picked up my Bronco from the dealer yesterday afternoon. They were able to pinpoint that the noise IS coming from the transmission. They drove it, let it idle and put it on the lift many times. They heard it each time. Tech says it is for sure the transmission. I told them I wanted it back and to not do anything further until Ford had a fix that would actually fix the issue fully. They agreed. So now I wait for Ford to get their stuff together and start fixing all of these issues people are having. I currently have two issues that cant be fixed (trans and wipers).

UTultimate

Badlands
First Name
UltimateBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t know if I come to this thread to keep informed about the 7MT problems or for the entertainment.

It seems like back in elementary school when everyone went out for recess and there was this ONE playground bully.
I don't really get the bully vibe you're talking about, maybe it's just me though.

Sponsored

gtabert

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m not running the spread sheet but I don’t think we need it cluttered with people that aren’t having the problem, it’s specifically for those that are having the same grinding noise.
I understand what the spread sheet is designed to do, but like a political poll, if you only want to hear from those who think like you and the other opinion does not matter, that's a skewed poll to me.

Well at least 225 from here per poll. That's 1% gotta imagine there are more than double the number in the real world vs the poll here since most people aren't probably on Bronco6g or if they are not even taken the poll. My semi supported guess is 3-5% minimum which is from a product standpoint pretty high failure already and not acceptable by most standards. This is very conservative and I'm betting the number is much higher 10%+ also to note Lots of people that waited and followed this thread got their vehicle and reported it within hours or days of delivery on the newest 23s. Seemed most of them came back "add them to the noise club" this points to high odds

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/manual-transmission-noise-poll.61606/page-3
As pointed out here, "That's 1% gotta imagine there are more than double" in this short post its goes from 1% to "I'm betting the number is much higher 10%+" , which is pure conjecture.
"Yea-say" questions-questions that implicitly suggest that yes is the right answer-produce a consistent bias in results. I was just trying to point out all responses need to be represented to be fair. If those running the spread sheet want, they can remove me from the sheet. I visit this post to keep me informed to the problem that exists, how its being identified, how severe it is through the development stage, what fixes have been attempted, what fixes have been successful and how Ford is handling this issue. Should my MT develop this noise I wish to be well informed on all fronts.

UTultimate

Badlands
First Name
UltimateBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I understand what the spread sheet is designed to do, but like a political poll, if you only want to hear from those who think like you and the other opinion does not matter, that's a skewed poll to me.

As pointed out here, "That's 1% gotta imagine there are more than double" in this short post its goes from 1% to "I'm betting the number is much higher 10%+" , which is pure conjecture.
"Yea-say" questions-questions that implicitly suggest that yes is the right answer-produce a consistent bias in results. I was just trying to point out all responses need to be represented to be fair. If those running the spread sheet want, they can remove me from the sheet. I visit this post to keep me informed to the problem that exists, how its being identified, how severe it is through the development stage, what fixes have been attempted, what fixes have been successful and how Ford is handling this issue. Should my MT develop this noise I wish to be well informed on all fronts.
There was a separate poll to get a rough idea about how often it’s happening, the spreadsheet was to track those of us having the problem. But again, I didn’t start the spreadsheet so I’ll let whoever did decide what it is.

gtabert

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There was a separate poll to get a rough idea about how often it’s happening, the spreadsheet was to track those of us having the problem. But again, I didn’t start the spreadsheet so I’ll let whoever did decide what it is.
I did not know that, must have missed it thanks for pointing this out.

UTultimate

Badlands
First Name
UltimateBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

It’s really interesting that everyone that has posted to the sheet that their transmission was replaced had the noise come back. So, either all the replacements are defective as well, or those particular broncos have something wrong that damages the transmission.

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I did not know that, must have missed it thanks for pointing this out.
1% is based on that poll. That's factual but clearly points out the number is much higher due to bronco6g is a small slice of the pie of over all owner. When you hear all the replacement transmissions are falling too and how many first day 23s are reporting back theirs too? Yup any number works for X at the moment.
Sponsored