kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Correct. I'm sure they are working on a new one.

And again from the other post that I added after you quoted, In case you have not been following, the rings are also now rev D and your paper says rev C. Guess it depends on when the dealer ordered them but I would not want the old ones installed if that is what they have.
Yeah I saw the new rev level, thanks. That's why I started to post here again. There has been a lot of drama in this thread lol. I was staying away until things started to move forward with updated TSB's or new level parts
Sponsored

Classic28

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All parts listed on the TSB should be ordered.
The only exception is that parts that say "as needed" next to them.
But they should've ordered a lot more parts than just the synchronizer.
Wonderful, my service writer already doesn’t seem like she knows her job very well. Can’t wait to have this phone call with her. Maybe the info is better off being discussed over email.

gtabert

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 gt350r / '65 f100 / '99 Silverado / '15 VW TDI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What if you ordered on your own dime?
Not a bad idea, cannot be too expensive, but is he aware of the newer part number? Thinking out loud, if you force his hand to install a part not authorized in the TSB he may not do it, if he does and the problem is not fixed you may be left to hang out to dry on your own. I'd not push too hard for fear of any repercussions. Unless of course you plan on installing the newer part on your own without them being made aware of this.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wonderful, my service writer already doesn’t seem like she knows her job very well. Can’t wait to have this phone call with her. Maybe the info is better off being discussed over email.
It’s possible they already have the other parts, so the only one they needed to order was that one. I’m not sure though.

joshgangluff

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2.3l MT, 1988 Bronco II XL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@joshgangluff - when you get your newest of the transmissions installed can you check for the build date sticker on the bottom? I am hoping Ford is starting to use a new trans with the TSB and and or updated parts in it
cheers
Definitely can do and will report back. Dealer called today and said it will be ready on Monday. I am also hopeful it is a new build with potentially updated parts. Fingers crossed!

Sponsored

joshgangluff

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2.3l MT, 1988 Bronco II XL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Continuously replacing Tranny's isn't a "proven fix" either as you have proven. Why wouldn't you just wait until there is one rather than continuously dropping off your vehicle and having to be without it? Are you having performance issues in addition? Just curious about the logic.
No performance issues. I guess I’m just overly optimistic in thinking that there might be a SLIM chance a new transmission could fix it. And I’m a little spiteful too and just want Ford to do something lol- maybe not the best trait to have. At the time when I took it in, the TSB was still unproven and a lot higher risk. I know these techs are supposed to be skilled, but if I can get the noise to go away without doing open heart surgery on the transmission, I’m all for that. It was the lower risk option at the time. I’m only going without the Bronco for a few days anyways with a new trans. I can handle that. I have an 88 Bronco II that I daily half the time anyways so it’s very little impact to me if the dealership only has my truck for a few days. With the TSB, there is a much larger chance that the dealer could have it for weeks on end if things don’t go exactly as planned. With that, we decided transmission for now, and if the sound comes back, we will reevaluate and probably go for the TSB and more than likely just wait for a permanent fix this next time around if I don’t get lucky.

FloridaBurgBronco

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2013 F-150 XLT HDPP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since the consensus here is that this grinding issue is primarily affecting vehicles in colder weather I'm just wondering are there any members here that live in warm weather claiming to have the issue as well or only cold weather members?
Yes, while I live in Florida. We get some cold weather and yes I have grinding sounds too.

Here's the update on mine. Took it in on Wednesday, picked it up early Friday, could have Thursday evening if my phone delivered messages properly. Attached is the list of items they need to "fix" the issue. Tech said I can still drive the Bronco and didn't mention any restrictions. This is a sizeable list of parts. Some are on order, but some are on indefinite backorder. When are these manufacturers going to get their collective đź’©together? I mean this isn'tone time instance. I'm not the first guy having the problem, witness 146 pages on this thread alone. Why isn't Ford pro-actively ordering these items with some notion they will need at least some in the future with this suspect Chinese transmission? So despite them telling me I can drive it with no issues, I may take my 193,000 5.0L/reliable 6 speed auto, F-150 on my 1000 mile vacation this next week. Geez, I'm a Ford guy, but Ford is trying my loyalty. To be clear, this is the only issue I've had, BUT, so many other issues others have had and the way they are handling this one seems low rent. Am I wrong here, is Ford behind the curve or are all or most other Manu's dealing with the sam ething at this level?

Attachments

RobBob22

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F250 SuperDuty
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey, I'm back its been about 20 or so pages again and it looks like there have been real updates. I'll add my 2 cents to this super long thread.

1) SICK.

Good to know they finally updated the part.
Let’s hope it fixes these concerns!

723004A6-3C0D-445F-A56F-E4892C5742D9.jpeg
2) NOT SICK

I'm re-confirming in another part of the country, but looks like if they take apart your transmission, and you have a cracked plastic spacer ring, MU7Z*7C419* it has an official backorder date of May 15th.

I will update with post when i re-confirm.

My bronco has been waiting on this part since Jan 10, as my Bronco has been there since Jan 4...
My bet, ford is losing some real $$$ on manual transmission replacements and at least right now is constantly get beat over the cost of quality issues. Both Ford and Getrag probably lowing the cost of transmissions gives both parties a numbers advantage. It could also be dumping old stock with a bad part.

I'm honestly not sure. I never really deal with parts/parts pricing.

RescueCheckPT2

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BD, MH-65D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My Bronco went into the shop on 27 Feb for the TSB and it's STILL in the shop. A 9hr 3-day repair is going on day 11 at this point. They said I may get it back this coming Monday but aren't sure.

Oh and the Service Advisor never once called me to give me updates, I had to call every time to see what was going on. Chapman Ford in Egg Harbor Township, not gonna get a great customer satisfaction survey out of this.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Question to the peanut gallery that's been scheduled for a manual ... Has your date been pushed back any? My HE started at 4/3 and has steadily increased to 5/1 as of today. Just wondering if this is due to a hopeful fix for the line or what. Thanks in advance!

Sponsored

EVH1994

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fired up my Bronco today and the grinding is so much louder than it was before. Drove 200 miles yesterday and it was kind of smelly when I got home, like burnt rubber.

I understand Ford has to diagnose the issue and come up with a fix, but would it kill them to give an update and give us some reassurance? I love my Bronco but this is starting to piss me off.

Njchris1968

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford e350 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a 2023 and at idle I hear a scraping grinding noise I press the clutch it gets quieter but is still there. Bronco has 200 miles have not even went through a tank of gas. Not happy after over 2 year wait.

Mortonm

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Isnt it great, monday will be 10 weeks for me. They still cant give me a date.
Same for me. 10 weeks Monday.

Though I heard on Thursday the parts had just come in. So my watch has nearly ended

Stlrfan152

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75C5 16Prius 2dr base sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Same for me. 10 weeks Monday.

Though I heard on Thursday the parts had just come in. So my watch has nearly ended
Hopefully thats true, im sure mine wont be far behind. Im waiting on a roll pin.
Sponsored