Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75C5 16Prius 2dr base sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Same for me. 10 weeks Monday.

Though I heard on Thursday the parts had just come in. So my watch has nearly ended
Did you find out if all your parts are in yet?
Sponsored

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just finished up another call with my dealer. -D rev synchros are now on order and it’ll be another month of waiting before they arrive. No sweat, procrastination pays off this time since the initial ordered parts contain the original -C rev.

The sad thing is everyone who proactively jumped onto the TSB and threw the new original -C synchro in will need this repair done again… atleast I would assume.

Good Job Ford.

Stlrfan152

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75C5 16Prius 2dr base sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just finished up another call with my dealer. -D rev synchros are now on order and it’ll be another month of waiting before they arrive. No sweat, procrastination pays off this time since the initial ordered parts contain the original -C rev.

The sad thing is everyone who proactively jumped onto the TSB and threw the new original -C synchro in will need this repair done again… atleast I would assume.

Good Job Ford.
Im starting to come to terms with the fact i bought a ford explorer by mistake and not a bronco. By the time this fix is over ill have spent more time in the rental.

Mortonm

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Good Job Ford.
That is going to be me likely

Did you find out if all your parts are in yet?
No because I cant get the service advisor to call me back, if they were all in I assume that they would be done by now

Sponsored

mbdlds

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would some folks mind sharing the process of how a dealer diagnosed the problem and started the TSB process (bonus points if it's a 2023 since only 2021/22 are listed on the Dec TSB)?

So far, I have taken it to a dealer, told they cannot replicate after they have it 2 days, picked it up, I hear it in their lot when I'm leaving to go home, go back in and have a service advisor listen/video sound, take it back a week later to the dealership for a tech to hear it while I drive in the parking lot, and now the service advisor wants it back for 1 to 3 days to "continue with the diagnosis." Feels like it might be easier to just take it to another dealer and try my luck with a different service advisor. Maybe this is normal, but I don't know what more diagnoses can be done short of opening the transmission (which I'd rather start when the parts are at the dealership shop). It's my daily driver, so it's hard to have it sit in a parking lot at a dealership being "diagnosed."

Thanks in advance to any that can share their experience.

Last edited:

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would some folks mind sharing the process of how a dealer diagnosed the problem and started the TSB process (bonus points if it's a 2023 since only 2021/22 are listed on the Dec TSB)?

So far, I have taken it to a dealer, told they cannot replicate after they have it 2 days, picked it up, I hear it in their lot when I'm leaving to go home, go back in and have a service advisor listen/video sound, take it back a week later to the dealership for a tech to hear it while I drive in the parking lot, and now the service advisor wants it back for 1 to 3 days to "continue with the diagnosis." Feels like it might be easier to just take it to another dealer and try my luck with a different service advisor. Maybe this is normal, but I don't know what more diagnoses can be done short of opening the transmission (which I'd rather start when the parts are at the dealership shop). It's daily driver, so it's hard to have it sit in a parking lot at a dealership being "diagnosed."

Your’s is certainly an odd case. All I had to do was mention the tsb over the phone and they ordered the parts without hesitation.

silver bullet

Black Diamond
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Had my Bronco a couple months. 2000 miles. I have the 2.3 manual in my Badlands. When I start it up in the morning I hear what sounds like a grinding, somethings loose kind of noise. When I push the clutch in it seems to go away. It also seems to go away after it has been driven a while. Anyone else experiencing this? Is it normal? I have an appointment to bring the truck in tomorrow 1/12/22. I will let everyone know how I make out. Anyone else experiencing this?

UPDATE Well not really what I wanted to hear or satisfied with the explanation I got. Service manager said it could possibly be the throw out bearing. As the invoice states they have a call into Ford. They will call me when they hear from them. I picked up the truck as they said it was fine to drive. They also said it may be a break-in thing, which I know is not the case. It drives fine, shifts easy and clutch is easy to operate. Besides the noise no issues. I have to say until I hear from them again I’m hesitant to drive it. Luckily I’ll be out of town for a few days. Hopefully I’ll hear back before I get home.

1642046026798.png
Same issue, lets see where this goes

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hopefully it works out well. 16k on the new transmission since then and no issues and no noise!
When did they install your transmission? I thought the dealer said possibly throw out bearing in Jan?

My bad, didn't realize that was last year, lol! Sad thing is you got lucky. Some have had builds as recent as this Feb with the same issue.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
raymondcielo

raymondcielo

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So they had my truck last year
When did they install your transmission? I thought the dealer said possibly throw out bearing in Jan?

My bad, didn't realize that was last year, lol! Sad thing is you got lucky. Some have had builds as recent as this Feb with the same issue.
So I started this thread back in early Feb 2022. My truck went in and was there for 6 weeks. They ended up replacing my transmission in early March and got my Bronco back March 14 2022. Since then it runs perfect, no issues or noise. Not sure why they are having the same issues still as people are experiencing the same problem.

Last edited:
OP
OP
raymondcielo

raymondcielo

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So they had my truck last year

So far, I have taken it to a dealer, told they cannot replicate after they have it 2 days, picked it up, I hear it in their lot when I'm leaving to go home, go back in and have a service advisor listen/video sound, take it back a week later to the dealership for a tech to hear it while I drive in the parking lot, and now the service advisor wants it back for 1 to 3 days to "continue with the diagnosis." Feels like it might be easier to just take it to another dealer and try my luck with a different service advisor. Maybe this is normal, but I don't know what more diagnoses can be done short of opening the transmission (which I'd rather start when the parts are at the dealership shop). It's my daily driver, so it's hard to have it sit in a parking lot at a dealership being "diagnosed."

I started this thread back in Jan 2022. If you go back to the first page I do chronicle what happened to me and posted some service forms detailing what my dealer diagnosed and did. Long story short they replaced my entire transmission. Truck was in the shop 6 weeks. Any help I can add let me know.

bryandunbar42

Base
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just dropped my '22 Base off at the dealer. Had the TSB paper work in hand when dropping it off (thanks all for that!)

Service advisor said he and the techs are familiar, and had already done a couple of them. So fingers crossed they call me this week and tell me they are going to order parts. They also said that before the TSB came out they had done a couple of full tranny replacements.

Question for those who are waiting on the TSB work. Are you guys driving your bronco in the mean time? Letting it sit at the dealer? Get a loaner? Just trying to be prepared for when I get the call.

Chippewa-Pin

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Fe, Tucson, Z4, T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Question for those who are waiting on the TSB work. Are you guys driving your bronco in the mean time? Letting it sit at the dealer? Get a loaner? Just trying to be prepared for when I get the call.
I initially took mine in mid-January for an overnight stay. They confirmed the issue the next morning and ordered the parts. I drove it home and have been driving it daily since then. Parts came in... just waiting for the replacement/updated part to come in (see a few pages back). Should be in by the end of the month.

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Last edited: