First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Picking mine up tomorrow while I wait for new tranny to come in. I’ll check the sticker.
Guess the real question becomes is Ford updating these before shipping or sending out with the old parts.

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Picking mine up tomorrow while I wait for new tranny to come in. I’ll check the sticker.
Guess the real question becomes is Ford updating these before shipping or sending out with the old parts.
Yes, if this is true and the sticker is not updated it makes traceability that much harder for shops / owners

Good luck tomorrow!

UM_Ftown

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 5.9, 01 XJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I initially took mine in mid-January for an overnight stay. They confirmed the issue the next morning and ordered the parts. I drove it home and have been driving it daily since then. Parts came in... just waiting for the replacement/updated part to come in (see a few pages back). Should be in by the end of the month.
This is what I’ve been doing. They told me that if the noise got significantly worse or I was having performance issues to drop it back off but I could keep driving it until the parts came in.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just a thought here, and slightly off subject, but since it seems we are all having our transmissions pulled sooner or later, is anyone having the clutch upgraded at the same time, assuming there is an upgraded clutch available. Yeah, I know there's nothing wrong with the current clutch, but seems like the perfect time to upgrade if there ever was one.

I'm hoping to have mine documented next week when they do the front driveshaft recall, but will wait until I have to have it repaired/replaced for actual work being done.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealer ordered a new tranny too. I specifically asked if it has the new synchro rings and the advisor said yes. Not sure how to know if that is true or not.

update: dealer said it would be in within 10 days. So I’m suspicious if it will have the fix.
@Bmadda did they give you a timeframe on when yours would be in?
Shows backorder till late April. I'm going to the Bronco safari in Moab then so I told them I won't be back till 2nd week of May at the soonest.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just a thought here, and slightly off subject, but since it seems we are all having our transmissions pulled sooner or later, is anyone having the clutch upgraded at the same time, assuming there is an upgraded clutch available. Yeah, I know there's nothing wrong with the current clutch, but seems like the perfect time to upgrade if there ever was one.

I'm hoping to have mine documented next week when they do the front driveshaft recall, but will wait until I have to have it repaired/replaced for actual work being done.
I'm thinking about it. South Bend Machine makes one

EDIT: South Bend Clutch is what I meant

Last edited:

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Went to a local dealer yesterday for an oil change and 5-tire rotation. All that went well.

I mentioned the TSB on the tranny scraping/noise and showed it to the service guy. He made a call on parts availability. He said they are not shipping/releasing those parts at this time. I didn't ask for details. So does this mean Ford is working on upgrading parts, and will ship when they have a working solution??? That was my first speculation.

Service guy said I had a long ways to go on my extended warranty, said to keep checking back, can make an appt to have it looked at/repaired at a later date, when parts are available.

I was good with all this, wasn't excited about taking apart my transmission for something that isn't a solution yet anyways.

The noise I'm having is minor compared to others here. Most of the time I start it and let it warm up for a few minutes (still cold here in MN), listening to the noise. On rare occasions it won't make the noise. If I let the stick be in neutral after starting it, warming up for a few minutes, with the noise, heading down the road I'll still hear the noise in first and second. Can't tell after that because of road noise.

After starting it, I've learned to move the stick towards 6th, sometimes the stick will sit in that position by itself, there is no noise. After a few minutes in that position, I'll move it back to neutral, no noise. Head down the road and no noise in first and second. At least I don't have to listen to the noise, or am I hurting something by letting the stick wedge towards 6th like that (never depressing the clutch pedal)?

Edit: I'm currently at 17,550 miles. Have no idea when the noise started or when I started hearing it.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At least I don't have to listen to the noise, or am I hurting something by letting the stick wedge towards 6th like that (never depressing the clutch pedal)?
This may be causing extra shift fork wear.
Sponsored