Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Question to the peanut gallery that's been scheduled for a manual ... Has your date been pushed back any? My HE started at 4/3 and has steadily increased to 5/1 as of today. Just wondering if this is due to a hopeful fix for the line or what. Thanks in advance!
More than likely William it is just normal bumps. Back when I was waiting on mine a year ago I was bumped five or six times before my build date stuck. Nothing has changed since that time. On a positive note though, my MT has been awesome since day one, I couldnt be happier. Don't lose too much sleep over it or this particular thread. As people keep saying, this Forum is a very small sample.
Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

More than likely William it is just normal bumps. Back when I was waiting on mine a year ago I was bumped five or six times before my build date stuck. Nothing has changed since that time.
Thanks, seems there's only a few of us HEs are getting bumpedv around but almost all of us were manuals so was hoping for the best. Will be glad when this waiting is over but don't want to trade one problem for another either.

M7 23

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Question to the peanut gallery that's been scheduled for a manual ... Has your date been pushed back any? My HE started at 4/3 and has steadily increased to 5/1 as of today. Just wondering if this is due to a hopeful fix for the line or what. Thanks in advance!
My build date has gone the other way, pulled ahead by a few days. Started at 3/17, now on 3/13. Black Diamond, 2 dr, MT. Your pushed date must be tied to some other restrained commodity.

CapeCodCash

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco and 14 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a 2023 and at idle I hear a scraping grinding noise I press the clutch it gets quieter but is still there. Bronco has 200 miles have not even went through a tank of gas. Not happy after over 2 year wait.
Mine does the same thing since I noticed it at mile 19………after an 878 day wait……way not happy

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Mine was built as scheduled (this past week). Expecting the shipping update any day now. I have a 1300 mile road trip planned to bring it home from Granger in Iowa. I've got my fingers crossed that doesn't affect the break in period and it's not a lemon leaving me stranded in the middle of nowhere. I'll learn real quick if the scraping noise is there and if it bothers me!

Sponsored

Mortonm

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mine was built as scheduled (this past week). Expecting the shipping update any day now. I have a 1300 mile road trip planned to bring it home from Granger in Iowa. I've got my fingers crossed that doesn't affect the break in period and it's not a lemon leaving me stranded in the middle of nowhere. I'll learn real quick if the scraping noise is there and if it bothers me!
If we are being blunt and honest, yes it will be there and no it will not leave you stranded.

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Bronco went into the shop on 27 Feb for the TSB and it's STILL in the shop. A 9hr 3-day repair is going on day 11 at this point. They said I may get it back this coming Monday but aren't sure.

Oh and the Service Advisor never once called me to give me updates, I had to call every time to see what was going on. Chapman Ford in Egg Harbor Township, not gonna get a great customer satisfaction survey out of this.

Likely not their fault.... Im on day 66, so count your blessings (i dropped it off on Jan 4... have not seen it since, im also on rental car 3, and about to be 4 as im about to roll 2500 miles on the dealership rental)

RescueCheckPT2

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BD, MH-65D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Likely not their fault.... Im on day 66, sou count your blessings (i dropped it off on Jan 4... have bot seen it since)
Yeah dude, I'll be honest I didn't really police the last 20 pages of this thread until a few hours ago. Holy crap I am eating my hat right now. Some of ya'll are going through it and me sitting at 10 days is nothing.

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah dude, I'll be honest I didn't really police the last 20 pages of this thread until a few hours ago. Holy crap I am eating my hat right now. Some of ya'll are going through it and me sitting at 10 days is nothing.

I was however blessed by a fellow Bronco'an as he brought his rig by for us to do a fitment on a 2-door bimini in design. It made me really really mis mine. His rig is sweet, and he's slotted for the TSB but holding until he see's what happens with mine, smart guy he is, and super nice.

79648DDE-DEF6-4659-88E7-64E0971F2C14.jpeg
021152C2-53DF-4B92-9DA0-EB5F1208CF35.jpeg
90B9DDCA-4B94-458F-B8CA-BE8665A28220.jpeg

93BRONCO22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Likely not their fault.... Im on day 66, so count your blessings (i dropped it off on Jan 4... have not seen it since, im also on rental car 3, and about to be 4 as im about to roll 2500 miles on the dealership rental)
It Is the dealer’s responsibility to notify the customer of the status of their vehicle and of any delays. Not doing so is poor customer service.

Sponsored

CrestonBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I totally tried to hear the scraping noise while at the dealer before taking delivery. I was right up against the transmission. No noise at all. I drove it home roughly two hours. The very next morning I heard it. You can’t miss it once you know the sound. I hope the best for you!

Stlrfan152

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75C5 16Prius 2dr base sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
It Is the dealer’s responsibility to notify the customer of the status of their vehicle and of any delays. Not doing so is poor customer service.
I hear nothing unless i call, its been 10 weeks. Now they just say they cant give me an estimate. I am up go 11k miles on my rentals so im getting my moneys worth.

93BRONCO22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm in the same boat, but I was getting nowhere on the phone. It took sitting at the dealer for over an hour to speak to the service manager to get an update after three weeks.

This is unacceptable! Unfortunately, as customers, we have little power unless we all bring in our rigs & make some noise (assuming there is a real issue with your vehicle).

Ford is not monitoring this thread & frankly doesn't care as long as the P&L is in the black. With a backlog of orders pushing a year, Ford is going to keep cranking out units.

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Had my Bronco a couple months. 2000 miles. I have the 2.3 manual in my Badlands. When I start it up in the morning I hear what sounds like a grinding, somethings loose kind of noise. When I push the clutch in it seems to go away. It also seems to go away after it has been driven a while. Anyone else experiencing this? Is it normal? I have an appointment to bring the truck in tomorrow 1/12/22. I will let everyone know how I make out. Anyone else experiencing this?

UPDATE Well not really what I wanted to hear or satisfied with the explanation I got. Service manager said it could possibly be the throw out bearing. As the invoice states they have a call into Ford. They will call me when they hear from them. I picked up the truck as they said it was fine to drive. They also said it may be a break-in thing, which I know is not the case. It drives fine, shifts easy and clutch is easy to operate. Besides the noise no issues. I have to say until I hear from them again I’m hesitant to drive it. Luckily I’ll be out of town for a few days. Hopefully I’ll hear back before I get home.

Ford Bronco Manual transmission scraping noise / grinding sound 90B9DDCA-4B94-458F-B8CA-BE8665A28220
Hey OP can you edit your main post with your most recent update? And any news worth sharing for other manual owners? There's 146 pages of this thread, there's no way I'm reading all of those

EVH1994

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey OP can you edit your main post with your most recent update? And any news worth sharing for other manual owners? There's 146 pages of this thread, there's no way I'm reading all of those
OP hasn't posted anything on the forum in almost a year. I wonder if he still has the Bronco.
Sponsored