First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Diesel Gladiator // 2 door Warthog
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
apples to watermelons but Tesla knowingly sent out 160 some odd thousands model 3 & who knows how many Ys with several avoidable flaws
Sponsored

BealsMama

Black Diamond
First Name
Stefany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Most likely not your dealers fault. My husband is my dealer and he just found this morning at the same time that everyone on this forum did, and they had their Ford Rep at the dealership yesterday and asked them about the delay in mine and another clients Bronco's that were build mid-July. The rep told the owner of the dealership they didn't know. So dealers have not been keeping anyone in the dark. They haven't heard anything until now either.

I have not gotten ANYthing voluntary. One word email replies. No contact about changes or updates- even after the fact. I've gotten NOTHING out of having a dealer. It's all y'all for all info. Like I said, I'm grateful for you all and would LOVE to be able to send my sales commission to this forum!!!

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think your numbers may be off. Ross said there's only like 300 MIC tops in customer hands, I seriously doubt 3000. Also some of the FE's are dirt pile Bronc's. I also don't think 6000 MIC tops are in production que.

That being said 500 per day out of Webasto is probably way optimistic. 200-300 is probably closer. I figure they need around 10000 to complete my21.

It's definitely going to be a tight squeeze for Ford to deliver on this.
Thanks for the math check. I had missed Ross' few hundred comment.

I was coming up with the 6,000 VIN's based on what we had seen from planned production numbers like this: 300 per day x 20 days in a month would be the 6,000. But, one way or another it will be a tight squeeze.
Ford Bronco đź“Ł Ford announces MIC hardtop solution (program 21B49): unscheduled orders will get MY2022, delivered & built Broncos will have tops replaced 1628789384420

fraserjr

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Apologies if this has already been asked/if I am dumb and do not understand my situation.
My bronco is "in production" with a blend date of 8/13. It is a two door badlands MIC top. As I have spent many hours on this site, I have become rather skeptical.
Would anyone mind explaining what my situation likely is?
Thanks!
You will be sent to dirt mountain for now (a holding lot outside of MAP). Starting in October, Ford will start replacing on-road MICs, then the dirt mountain MIC tops from oldest to newest. You are probably looking at October/November delivery at the earliest and with no delays in the new MIC top.

Sponsored

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
not gonna lie, if it gets me my Bronco sooner in 2022 I hope alot.
And frankly, many will be throwing in the towel now on MIC and moving to soft top, so that should slightly speed up things for those of us who are "never soft-toppers".

gettk

Big Bend
First Name
TK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C300
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
RIP. I don't think I'm even interested in my order anymore.
yeah. Feel like this vehicle is going to show worts for years. when they first teased this car out it was a dream machine. Been waiting years for this car. Now it is painful to read these threads.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why don't they just swing over to mod top production? It's already designed for the 4 door, already prototyped... Just don't paint the stupid thing!
Starting over from scratch and hoping to be cranking them out in 7 weeks....?
🤷

LS2GTO

Base
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 gto 00 f-250 03 t-bird 70 chevelle 59 tr-3..
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’d love to know the back story on the top fiasco. My bet, having spent 35 years as an engineer, is that the original design group/group manager accepted kudos and a fat bonus for on-time delivery of the design, then abruptly and unexpectedly accepted a new position “to pursue new opportunities”, leaving others to clean up the mess. Saw it happen time and time again.

Sponsored

rainman23

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think this needed to be said, at this point.... Lol
MY22 could mean August 2022 for some! Maybe even later...
I have to assume a good amount of day 1 and 2 rez holders have their Bronco already or at least VIN's
Day 2 no VIN here…

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For all the moaning, the purgatory broncos (2,200 or so) are going to wind up being the real collectible when MY21 is done. If you got built this week as planned, you are in that rarified air.
Yep, feel like I slid in just before the window closed. 8/5 build date... Only question - what MIC top is on my Bronco?

West1

Base
First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base with OBX wheels
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You will be sent to dirt mountain for now (a holding lot outside of MAP). Starting in October, Ford will start replacing on-road MICs, then the dirt mountain MIC tops from oldest to newest. You are probably looking at October/November delivery at the earliest and with no delays in the new MIC top.
Dirt Mountain ... that's funny.