First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Here is our update and outlook on the 2023 model year for all of our existing Bronco reservation holders.

Where we've been: We received a larger piece of the pie for the 2021 model year Broncos and with the allocation changes for 2022, our share of the overall Bronco production was cut significantly. We'll deliver 9 less broncos over the 2022 model year than in 2021 because of these changes.

2021 Model Year Bronco Deliveries - 164
2022 Model Year Bronco Deliveries - 105
Current Broncos with VINS - 50

2023 Bronco Allocation - as posted here, the 2023 Bronco allocation is based on 2 factors, neither of which is the amount of outstanding orders/reservations that the dealership holds.

1 - 50% of it is the share of nation sales for the last 3 yers (this number has gone up for us, but the 3 year average makes it very hard to move).

2 - 50% is based upon the share of nation sales for 2022 model year for Bronco and Bronco Sport. I detailed the decrease in the share of nation sales on Bronco above, but our aggressive discounting on the Bronco sport greatly increased our Bronco Sport sales going from 18 in 2021 model year to 64 in 2022 model year.

Our first month of allocation was 15 Broncos. I was hopefull that the Bronco COVP process would have been a part of the allocation formula, but since Ford made the decision to omit that factor. I would anticipate that 15 number being our typical monthly allocation. I would estimate 150-200 Broncos as our total 2023 allocation. This will put us well short of the 828 outstanding reservations that our dealership currently has.

What does this mean for our reservation holders? I'm still certain that the bronco orders won't be picked up in exact numerical order. Commodity restrictions will determine which Broncos get scheduled. Like in 2021 and 2022, we had some October reservations that were very 'commodity friendly' (think Big Bend, soft top) that got scheduled well before earlier reservations. I would not anticipate there being a very good chance of a reservation being scheduled if you are in the later 60-70% of our reservation holders.

Where do I stand in line? You can check the attached 2023 Bronco PDF and search your reservation number to find the applicable place in line.

How will price protection work for 2023 MY? With the change from one model year to another, Ford has typically applied a direct offer to the customer vehcile as a rebate. This is all the information we have below:
Price Protection.JPG

Will I have price protection for 2024? I believe Ford has stated previously that 2023 is the final year for price protection. This is not something we control, but a Ford corporate decision.

Will you continue to honor your discount? Yes, if you are a reservation holder with us, regardless of when the vehicle is fulfilled (2028 MY Bronco), we will honor our price protection discount on a non-allocation limited trim (ex. no heritage limited, or Bronco Raptor). We feel like its the least we can do for our customers and that discount will be honored at $1000 under invoice or $2000 under invoice depending on when the reservation was placed.

When will I be contacted about my order? We will have our staff prioritize the customers who have the longest held reservations and run through the list. If you'd like to send a Build & Price from Ford's website to [email protected] we can update that for you. We will process all of these orders by the November deadline.

What if I want to cancel my reservation? We certainly understand and can refund back your deposit of $100.

We are still offering 4% under invoice on Jeep Wranglers for anyone that would like to make the switch. You can email [email protected] with a build and price to get started.

This is certainly not what we had envisioned when we initially took reservations and we will do our best to hold up our end of the bargain.

Zach
That's the best explanation I've had yet? On factor number 2, what if a dealer has mostly orders with Lux and Tow package? Than people would be waiting forever.
Sponsored

RestAssured

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Passatā€”>Honda Odysseyā€”>???
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m going in to the dealer tomorrow to find out where I stand on their allocation list and maybe reorder.

Iā€™m getting close to ordering a defender or something completely Different like a mid engine sports car.

7/20/20 reservation
I canā€™t blame you. Honestly if I wasnā€™t desperate for a MT, Iā€™d have jumped months ago. Lots of better options out there. Like the Defender or this:

https://ineosgrenadier.com/en/us/the-vehicle/vehicle-configurator

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@Zach@Granger what is the next trim(s) other than Big Bend likely to receive an allocation?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nakigara

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm actually talking about reservation holders orders getting that amount tacked on when they come to pick it up.
If it was a refused/abandoned order, then it's at least $12k to $18k range.
There are some places here that do that, I did not have a reservation but I was lucky enough to work with a dealer that hasn't jerked me around at least not yet. I will find out better in about 3 weeks if I am lucky.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm jumping ship and ordering a Defender. Done waiting and done with zero communication. How y'all with day one reservations are watching people already getting Raptors and not losing your minds is beyond me.
yeah it sucks but for one thing all those people getting Raptors are pretty much day 1 reservations.

Pkrpro19

Badlands
First Name
Jaxon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5 M Sport, Mercedes Benz E350, Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here is our update and outlook on the 2023 model year for all of our existing Bronco reservation holders.

Where we've been: We received a larger piece of the pie for the 2021 model year Broncos and with the allocation changes for 2022, our share of the overall Bronco production was cut significantly. We'll deliver 9 less broncos over the 2022 model year than in 2021 because of these changes.

2021 Model Year Bronco Deliveries - 164
2022 Model Year Bronco Deliveries - 105
Current Broncos with VINS - 50

2023 Bronco Allocation - as posted here, the 2023 Bronco allocation is based on 2 factors, neither of which is the amount of outstanding orders/reservations that the dealership holds.

1 - 50% of it is the share of nation sales for the last 3 yers (this number has gone up for us, but the 3 year average makes it very hard to move).

2 - 50% is based upon the share of nation sales for 2022 model year for Bronco and Bronco Sport. I detailed the decrease in the share of nation sales on Bronco above, but our aggressive discounting on the Bronco sport greatly increased our Bronco Sport sales going from 18 in 2021 model year to 64 in 2022 model year.

Our first month of allocation was 15 Broncos. I was hopefull that the Bronco COVP process would have been a part of the allocation formula, but since Ford made the decision to omit that factor. I would anticipate that 15 number being our typical monthly allocation. I would estimate 150-200 Broncos as our total 2023 allocation. This will put us well short of the 828 outstanding reservations that our dealership currently has.

What does this mean for our reservation holders? I'm still certain that the bronco orders won't be picked up in exact numerical order. Commodity restrictions will determine which Broncos get scheduled. Like in 2021 and 2022, we had some October reservations that were very 'commodity friendly' (think Big Bend, soft top) that got scheduled well before earlier reservations. I would not anticipate there being a very good chance of a reservation being scheduled if you are in the later 60-70% of our reservation holders.

Where do I stand in line? You can check the attached 2023 Bronco PDF and search your reservation number to find the applicable place in line.

How will price protection work for 2023 MY? With the change from one model year to another, Ford has typically applied a direct offer to the customer vehcile as a rebate. This is all the information we have below:
Price Protection.JPG

Will I have price protection for 2024? I believe Ford has stated previously that 2023 is the final year for price protection. This is not something we control, but a Ford corporate decision.

Will you continue to honor your discount? Yes, if you are a reservation holder with us, regardless of when the vehicle is fulfilled (2028 MY Bronco), we will honor our price protection discount on a non-allocation limited trim (ex. no heritage limited, or Bronco Raptor). We feel like its the least we can do for our customers and that discount will be honored at $1000 under invoice or $2000 under invoice depending on when the reservation was placed.

When will I be contacted about my order? We will have our staff prioritize the customers who have the longest held reservations and run through the list. If you'd like to send a Build & Price from Ford's website to [email protected] we can update that for you. We will process all of these orders by the November deadline.

What if I want to cancel my reservation? We certainly understand and can refund back your deposit of $100.

We are still offering 4% under invoice on Jeep Wranglers for anyone that would like to make the switch. You can email [email protected] with a build and price to get started.

This is certainly not what we had envisioned when we initially took reservations and we will do our best to hold up our end of the bargain.

Zach
$1,000/$2,000 under invoice or MSRP. Thereā€™s a difference. People interchange invoice and msrp and they are clearly different.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

$1,000/$2,000 under invoice or MSRP. Thereā€™s a difference. People interchange invoice and msrp and they are clearly different.
You've been here on B6G long enough. Granger has always offered the $1K or $2K below invoice depending on when the reservation was made. Reservations made between Oct. 1 - 31 were for the $2k below invoice deal.

MillerAndCheeto

Wildtrak
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Cyber Orange Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
#245, so there were almost 100 orders on 99 status in front of us. Having a 2 door behind that line is impossible.

Well, that about confirms we will never see a Bronco.

At what point do you cancel current order and find a new dealer? Or find a slightly used one? Or pay ADM?

Not a joke or rhetorical question, I'm asking legitimately.

'18 M2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Warthog
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
@Zach@Granger any update for those of us that have a raptor ā€œgolden ticketā€ (if thatā€™s what they want to call it)? Day one reservation, 99ā€™d to get the painted MOD top, when that wasnā€™t happening reordered with same day one time stamp and then accepted the offer of a Raptor golden ticket. Any thoughts on likelihood of seeing a Raptor In 2023?
In another thread, he said this-

I've been trying to get an answer on this for about a week. We have 10 Raptor reservations and I finally got an answer this last week that 2 of them will be produced as 2022s, the rest will be 2023s.
Iā€˜m really not sure if he meant to say that only 2 of the 10 would be MY22 and the rest would be MY23, or if he meant to say that only 2 of the 10 would be MY22 and the rest would be something else, i.e. MY23 and beyond.

My original 2-door Badlands would have been built by now, but I switched and it was my fault for trusting Ford when they offered up the Raptor.

Iā€™m guessing Ford hopes that us remaining 8 Raptor people at Granger just go away.
Sponsored

Last edited: