First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't think it's worth it when it's only $800 more for Squatch.
For initial cost, sure, however the taller/bigger/different tread tires are going to eat up brake pads faster, more unsprung weight is harder on shocks as well. (earlier replacement), and I would expect a 1-2 MPG fuel economy hit from the 33's which does add up over time. Plus another $75 per tire for replacement. (5 x $75 = $375, tire rack average prices). The added running costs are not life changing, but they do exist.

You are also likely to lose 30 miles of range in a 4-door and 25 in the 2-door. That might be a hassle as well.

Again, considering the total cost of maintaining SAS in your calculations, minus (if any) boost in resale value, would give you a better overall picture of the true cost of that added inch of height.

Toys are toys though, if someone wants it, get it, just suggesting a more realistic appraisal of the cost difference over 50K miles before assuming it is just the sticker price difference. If it was $1500 more over the next two years, would it still be worth it to you? (obviously rhetorical)
Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

To be honest, in my opinion, I believe that every trim black diamond and under, needs Sasquatch, it’s a tougher lifted wider look that gives it that powerful stance, otherwise you got pizza cutter tires;
for badlands it’s unique, there’s no need to upgrade to Squatch, it’s the perfect model with nice tires and rims,
I too would go badlands optional rims,
Currently going with base Sasquatch !
This..If I could afford a Badlands that'd be it, but since I can't I'm going Basquatch, may downsize tires a bit.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Tire question - Maybe it’s just the Build module on the site isn’t quite accurate. If I compare the Mud-Terrain to the All-Terrain tires, the Mud Terrains look bigger and better.
It looks like they’re the same specs, just different tread? Can I use Mud Terrains for a daily driver?
The Badlands 33" are KO2's, the Optional 33" and Sasquatch 35" are Goodyear Territory's. Goodyear calls them Max Traction = MT, they are more of a hybrid XT, halfway between AT's and real MT's. Sure you can use them for a DD but remember larger heavier tires will not have as good a ride quality as 33" AT's. It's all what you want, what your use to and what your willing to put up with.

Ford Bronco Badlands Squatch Debate 1605820532487

Mattmquin

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayenne GTS / Wrangler - TJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
talking 2-door. Here is where I am at today. If you get the upgraded BL wheels and MTs it's $750 less than going with sasquatch. If you can really go with 4.7 gear setup you could sell the 33" tires for $1000 and use the $750 to buy new 34s or 35s and it's all a wash. This gets you the narrow fenders (because I think the wide ones are really ugly). I think this is my plan, but it only works if you can get the 4.7. I think the BL wheels look better and will be unique since there will be a lot of sasquatch wheels out there. This also allows you to try the smaller size first and make a $0 upgrade if you need the larger tires. I think 4 door needs the 35s though.

tn3sport

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 4x4, BMW, Mustang, several adventure bikes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
kinda wish I hadn't seen this posting... JK.
I was all in on WT Sas and now thinking BL and optional rims with 33's looks good and is more practical. I can always upgrade my tires and put a lift in later.... Just like 99.99% of the Jeep owners out there...
Plus, my overland rig uses 33'' tires. One less spare to carry if it matches the tow vehicle.
Is better gas mileage on 33's conjecture or fact??? I plan on taking this thing across the US and to the Arctic Circle as soon as i get it broken in....

Sponsored

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have been back and forth on this and at this point am leaning toward getting the Sasquatch package on my BL. I know that I’ll eventually want 35s anyway which means I’ll need the 4.70 gears. It’s significantly cheaper to get them from the factory than do it later. I don’t want to run 33s with the 4.70s so that kind of forced my hand. My other thought process is that if there is a significant loss of articulation or the tires look stuffed in the wheel Wells, I’m betting the aftermarket will have a viable 1” lift or even a leveling kit that can solve that problem. We still don’t know what or if there is any lift included on a BL sqautch, but worst case I think the aftermarket will fix this problem fairly quickly. I’m not interested in 37s at any point and having the ability to purchase vehicle designed to run on 35s (34.4”; got it) is a huge bonus for me. I want it ready to go and solid out of the box without a ton of additional work and money from me. Just my $.02 on how I’m trying to keep this as simple as I can.
Noob here. What’s wrong with 33s and 4.7 gear ratio? If I know I will stick forever with 33, then should I stick with the smaller gear, and why?

rainman23

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Noob here. What’s wrong with 33s and 4.7 gear ratio? If I know I will stick forever with 33, then should I stick with the smaller gear, and why?
From what I understand and I’m sure some people with more knowledge will chime in, but you’ll run higher RPMs at higher speeds. It sounds like if you’re going with 10 speed it may not be that big of a deal. Again, I am far from an expert, but gearing matching tire size is all about keeping the engine in its power band. I am fully confident that people with more knowledge will contribute soon though.

Canyonero02

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F150, 2021 Jeep JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think a lot of people missed the fact that the overland concept is running a true 35x12.5R17 tire as opposed to the 315/75/R17 on the sasquatch. That can be almost a full inch difference depending on tire manufacturer. Nitto runs pretty true to size. The listed specs and walk around video say it has a 315 but the pics say otherwise.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So question still remains; If you go to a 35" or 315 tire sometime after your purchase with the upgrade to the specific BL beadlock capable wheel that is .5 or 1/2 an inch narrower, will it rub at full turn?
No one seems to have the answer to this conundrum.
If they do rub and you like your current wheels you can always run 1/2" or 1" wheel spacers. I have run 1" spacers ony JKU for years now to achieve the desired stance. And before anyone comments on buying the right offset rims, that's why I prefaced it will if he likes his current wheels and in my case, the previous owner bought the Fuel rims on my Jeep.

bigsky713

Badlands
First Name
Vernon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 Ford Bronco / 2002 Ford Super Duty 7.3 PS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If they do rub and you like your current wheels you can always run 1/2" or 1" wheel spacers. I have run 1" spacers ony JKU for years now to achieve the desired stance. And before anyone comments on buying the right offset rims, that's why I prefaced it will if he likes his current wheels and in my case, the previous owner bought the Fuel rims on my Jeep.
Well this is reassuring that I would only have to replace tires if wanted to go up in size to 315 or 35.
would there be any issues putting a 315 or 35 inch tire on an 8” wheel in this scenario?

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I
If you do switch over to the Badlands make sure you order the free 4.7 gearing to better handle those bad boys:

Ford Bronco Badlands Squatch Debate 1605820532487
I'm a best in class crawl ratio guy for sure. Gotta go with the 4.7 gears and deeper transfer case paired with the MT. I plan on getting the most capability possible to run till I pay it off. After that, I want to twist up the rubber bands on the 2.3(400+ hp) and find a refresh for the 7spd that gets me the guts of the HD version. Then do a proper(non spacer) lift and run some 38s or maybe 40s if I dont hear about too many broken half shafts out there by then. We are probably talking 2027 by then.

But yeah I think a Bronco with lockers and a winch on any size Super Swampers wont really have any real limits that any other road legal vehicle will have.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well this is reassuring that I would only have to replace tires if wanted to go up in size to 315 or 35.
would there be any issues putting a 315 or 35 inch tire on an 8” wheel in this scenario?
You would be fine. Plenty of Jeep guys running 35's on an 8" wide rim.

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From what I understand and I’m sure some people with more knowledge will chime in, but you’ll run higher RPMs at higher speeds. It sounds like if you’re going with 10 speed it may not be that big of a deal. Again, I am far from an expert, but gearing matching tire size is all about keeping the engine in its power band. I am fully confident that people with more knowledge will contribute soon though.
I am going to run 33" with the 4.7. I have spent entirely too much time on here and have read many opinions so I am only an expert reader and not a gear head. Basically what I gather is get all the low end you can get. I think the only thing it will do is make it quicker off the line on 33" and a bit more RPMs on the highway.
I am going to run 33" with the 4.7. I have spent entirely too much time on here and have read many opinions so I am only an expert reader and not a gear head. Basically what I gather is get all the low end you can get. I think the only thing it will do is make it quicker off the line on 33" and a bit more RPMs on the highway. You also have the gearing to go up in tire size if you ever change your mind.

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

tenor.gif

Great question and post. My brain hurts though after reading everything so far.

I’m still debating too but I’m more settled on non Sasquatch BL. I want my Bronco more as an overlander so the 33’s are better for daily driving and long trips.
My debate is with BD Sasquatch or BL non Sasquatch. That’s a whole other shit storm of brain hurting thoughts though.

BackcountryBirds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think some of y'all that are thinking about lifting later are thinking about this backwards.

Remember that lift kits on an IFS are likely going to be significantly more pricey than on a Jeep. I think it's much smarter to sasquatch right away. You could probably even downsize to 33s and sell the beadlock wheels and new tires right away and come out about even and you won't have to worry about the cost of an IFS suspension lift later in life if you ever want to turn into more of pure off-roader later in life.

Or just keep an extra set of wheels and tires on hand and have the best for on and offroad!
Sponsored