Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My Build was $54K, I waited for over 2 years to get my Bronco, had the noise since day one, on the second transmission, now waiting for parts for over one month to get the TSB.. I am all pro filing a lawsuit against FORD
I'm not familiar with navigating the process but anyone that can lend advice would be super appreciated. I think with spreadsheet and all gathered information we are basically halfway there
Sponsored

bonewizzo

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bigbend 2dr MT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Besides my 23 Big Bend 2dr, I’ve got a Badlands 4dr MT with a 2/20 build date.
I’m R E A L L Y hoping it doesn’t arrive with the same issue. Two brand new 23’s with the same problem would be infuriating.

Gassyjack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered the manual because I thought it would be more durable and trouble free in the long run.
If I would have known it was of chinese manufacture ahead of time I would have never ordered it.

Hot cheetos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Ranger/2004 Pontiac GTO
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I waited until January of 2022 to order a Bronco just to make sure kinks with a new vehicle were worked out...my Bronco is now getting built today (hopefully) and this is the exact issue I was hoping to avoid by ordering later.....this sucks. Hopefully it doesn't happen to mine

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
This just seems absurd to me lol. The TSB was only release a whopping 50 days ago. That's barely enough time for them to even realize that the TSB obviously didn't work. Why not just calm down a little and give Ford some time to figure out what the issue is. It seems like you think this one single issue is all Ford is trying to address right now, and that is far from being remotely realistic.

I'm assuming they didn't issue the TSB knowing that it wouldn't repair the issue and the noise would come back. And even if they did, at least they were willing to address the problem and release a temporary repair to try and rectify the situation in the meantime. With the handful of repeat repairs now, they're obviously looking into the problem and I'm sure it will be resolved as quick as they can.

Maybe it's different for me because I don't have this issue, but everyone seems to be acting like this is completely disabling their vehicle... it's just a noise. If you're this unhappy, just sell it.
Yes, since you don't have the issue, it's probably different outside looking in. Certainly it's different for me, because I'm also outside looking in, only have an order getting built. So I'm not having some trans issue, listening to a rumbling sound when I drive, reading up on TSBs, hoping eventually there is a solid fix, etc. Who wants that?

Hopefully there is a solid fix soon. I think if a customer is picking up a brand new vehicle, having to drive it around at the dealer listening to see if the trans already has an issue, the customer is doing something wrong. That's not a good start to ownership. Kind of a red flag. So I agree - in the sense a customer should at least give some thought to ownership or not.

Sponsored

bobogto

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M5
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I refuse to bring my car to a dealership. I will be the one that will test transmission till the end. See if any of this noise actually damages anything. I got 8200 miles so far. I will do some more transmission exploring summer time when I can drive my other car.
Just so you know I will be the control subject and will not do anything to the transmission and see how she fairs. :LOL:

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I waited until January of 2022 to order a Bronco just to make sure kinks with a new vehicle were worked out...my Bronco is now getting built today (hopefully) and this is the exact issue I was hoping to avoid by ordering later.....this sucks. Hopefully it doesn't happen to mine
Yea I ordered same time, lucked out with my reservation and got mine in Oct. Been making the noise since first week or 2 of ownership.

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Besides my 23 Big Bend 2dr, I’ve got a Badlands 4dr MT with a 2/20 build date.
I’m R E A L L Y hoping it doesn’t arrive with the same issue. Two brand new 23’s with the same problem would be infuriating.
I mean if you get 2 same trans issue I would say this is way bigger than even we know but at the moment I'm convinced this is gunna be a big majority of them eventually making the noise in the longer scope. What erks and worries me is lemon law and Ford using the supply shortages to push all these repairs down the road affecting our eligibility windows. I've had mine to the dealer and TSB scheduled since 12/26.... There is still no ETA on the last part they need.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I refuse to bring my car to a dealership. I will be the one that will test transmission till the end. See if any of this noise actually damages anything. I got 8200 miles so far. I will do some more transmission exploring summer time when I can drive my other car.
Just so you know I will be the control subject and will not do anything to the transmission and see how she fairs. :LOL:
Ford Bronco Manual transmission scraping noise / grinding sound 1675461146986

Sponsored

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I feel more then half say they won't go in but good luck on that lemon law claim when Ford goes the Chevy route on their transmission that made noise and kicked and claims noise isn't a serviceable complaint. If it works then you're good to go. I didn't pay $50k to sound like I'm dragging tin cans behind my Bronco like I just got married. Next is half my pay check.

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yes, since you don't have the issue, it's probably different outside looking in. Certainly it's different for me, because I'm also outside looking in, only have an order getting built. So I'm not having some trans issue, listening to a rumbling sound when I drive, reading up on TSBs, hoping eventually there is a solid fix, etc. Who wants that?

Hopefully there is a solid fix soon. I think if a customer is picking up a brand new vehicle, having to drive it around at the dealer listening to see if the trans already has an issue, the customer is doing something wrong. That's not a good start to ownership. Kind of a red flag. So I agree - in the sense a customer should at least give some thought to ownership or not.
And who is going to buy our Broncos with obvious transmission noises? Haha. Let alone a fair deal with a dealer.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

feel more then half say they won't go in but good luck on that lemon law claim
I might as well join that half, there is no outcome to this that results in a lemon law claim from me. I'll fix it myself on my own dime before giving up my Bronco.

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I might as well join that half, there is no outcome to this that results in a lemon law claim from me. I'll fix it myself on my own dime before giving up my Bronco.
If there was a fix maybe? I want to keep mine too not that I'm ready to trade it out and quick to lemon it but if this becomes a 12-18 month journey IDK about that. Repeat teardowns don't go well over time. This tech breaks that, that tech breaks this, lost bolts, leaking exhaust from being repeatedly pulled stripped threads so on... my noise is for sure getting worse and I'll take advice from the guy who was offered a 4th trans and now the TSB. He has been dealing with this an entire year.... No resolution. Oh and don't forget the qualified skilled labor shortage and parts shortage

Last edited: