Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Kia EV6, Mach E, Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just received a phone call from my dealer stating they have all the parts but the synchronizer. They said the part number is changing for the synchronizer and that the new part is not yet available for order. Has anyone else heard this?
Sponsored

Mortonm

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just received a phone call from my dealer stating they have all the parts but the synchronizer. They said the part number is changing for the synchronizer and that the new part is not yet available for order. Has anyone else heard this?
No but that would be great

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a question to those who have been here from earlier on in this transmission issue..Is it every manual transmission having this issue? or is it the latest batch coming from ford that are affected? Is there even one vehicle that has been fixed and they went on their happy way? I see all the youtube videos of happy owners talking about their love of their manual transmission bronco not one video ever mentioned a scraping sound or issue. Are they just not hearing it or i wonder if the first early transmission were indeed better and truly had no issues like this. I met a guy 2 weeks ago in my town who received his manual sas bd bronco 2 days before me and the first question i asked was if he had the noise and he said yes. That implies to me that it must be every one is affected to some degree or another and most people either think that what they are hearing is normal for this vehicle or they simply havent noticed it yet.
very frustrating to say the least
Don't know honestly, we don't have that data. Someone did spin up a tracking spreadsheet, but as we all know the tracking spreadsheets on user forums are incredibly flawed since it is an incomplete data set.

The a big problem is the issue is temperature related, and only occurs below a certain temperature for many people. Many of us (myself included) likely had the issue from the very beginning, but since we took delivery during the warmer months we didn't notice until the temperatures dropped this winter. Another issue is the noise in many cases can easily be drowned out by the HVAC, or the radio, or even the high-idle during initial startup.

There is probably many people who would have the issue, but have never encountered it since they live down in a state like Florida or park their Bronco in a heated garage. And there are probably another chunk of people who have the issue but can't hear it above their radio, or they heard the issue but didn't think much of it since it goes away as the transmission warms up.

All reasons why the best course of action for us is to get the issue reported to our dealers—particularly before spring hits, as I am sure the issue will magically disappear for a bunch of us (only to reappear next winter). As dealers submit more warranty claims to Ford, it'll bubble up on Ford's internal reporting and get more attention. (y)

---

For me personally... I really enjoy my Bronco even with the issue and would definitely buy again. I know not everyone will agree with that—which is fine... different people have different risk tolerances. But the way I see it... Ford is aware of the issue, I've already gotten it documented with my dealer, and it's well within the warranty period. So I'm not concerned.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a question to those who have been here from earlier on in this transmission issue..Is it every manual transmission having this issue? or is it the latest batch coming from ford that are affected?
We know it's not a batch, as I have one of the earliest 21s on the tracker and we're still seeing 23s added. I suspect every last one has the potential, but as RagnarKon said, many haven't been exposed to the conditions that reveal it.

pizzy

Base
First Name
larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I hear what is being said and I am curious as to how the warm weather will affect things. I received my bronco on feb 13 and here in the Pa it has been unusually warm and has averaged around 40 today was in the low 50s im not convinced that any warmer is going to change things that at all this has not been cold weather by any stretch. What I have noticed is that the grindingsound is more rpm related not engine or outside temp related.
It seems that when you are cold start ildling and it idles at the sweet spot of 1200 rpm you can hear the rattle. However when the rpms drops to 900 after it warms up its the grinding is reduced and inaudible at times but as many have noted the grinding returns usually in first or second gear when driving slow like in a parking lot and again when the idle is typically 1200 or so, i bet its still grinding away in all gears when you reach that specific rpm, its just your are going faster in the higher gears and then then road or surrounding noise drowns it out.

For me the sounds has never gone completey away whenever I hit that rpm range it reappears whether I'm downshifting to slow down or just driving slow, as long as the rpm is in the 1100-1200 or so range the grinding is audible. Just my unscientific observasion trying to get a handle on what the issue is.

Hearing that older model years are now also reporting the same issue is deflating to hear as that tells me this likely a design flaw from the beginning and short of a complete redesign and replacement will never be resolved.

I dont mean to sound all doom and gloom but im upset and dissapointed that like some of you i cant just forget about it and enjoy my new car.

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hear what is being said and I am curious as to how the warm weather will affect things. I received my bronco on feb 13 and here in the Pa it has been unusually warm and has averaged around 40 today was in the low 50s im not convinced that any warmer is going to change things that at all this has not been cold weather by any stretch. What I have noticed is that the grindingsound is more rpm related not engine or outside temp related.
It seems that when you are cold start ildling and it idles at the sweet spot of 1200 rpm you can hear the rattle. However when the rpms drops to 900 after it warms up its the grinding is reduced and inaudible at times but as many have noted the grinding returns usually in first or second gear when driving slow like in a parking lot and again when the idle is typically 1200 or so, i bet its still grinding away in all gears when you reach that specific rpm, its just your are going faster in the higher gears and then then road or surrounding noise drowns it out.

For me the sounds has never gone completey away whenever I hit that rpm range it reappears whether I'm downshifting to slow down or just driving slow, as long as the rpm is in the 1100-1200 or so range the grinding is audible. Just my unscientific observasion trying to get a handle on what the issue is.

Hearing that older model years are now also reporting the same issue is deflating to hear as that tells me this likely a design flaw from the beginning and short of a complete redesign and replacement will never be resolved.

I dont mean to sound all doom and gloom but im upset and dissapointed that like some of you i cant just forget about it and enjoy my new car.
Ford's TSB says the issue occurs when temps are 50Âş or lower. For me it only really occurs below 40Âş, but the temperatures you described are definitely within Ford's documented range.

Based on Ford's description of the issue and the parts they want you to replace, it could be making the noise in all gears except 5th and 6th gear. Of course by the time you're beyond 2nd gear the road noise is loud enough that it'll probably drown out the transmission noise, but if you want to try to hear for it in 3rd/4th you can try.

One way to test it is to bump the gear shifter up against the 5th and/or 6th gear gate. If the noise goes away then it's the same issue Ford is describing. If it doesn't go away... could be something else—which is very possible. Some people have multiple issues or have an issue completely unrelated to the issue described in Ford's TSB.

Here is a video I took for reference:

Beautalkz

Black Diamond
First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Based on everything you just said I cant for the life of me understand why you would feel any sense of loyalty to a company that doesnt appear to have earned it.
Because my 19 Mustang gt was reliable, fun and good on gas. I also have a 64 1/2 mustang that's great.

JawnyBronco

Heritage
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I’d likely be in the crowd that could avoid hearing it if moderate… got mild tinnitus and my Pilot has nasty heat shield rattling at 2k rpm that I never hear over the radio… 🫥

UM_Ftown

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 5.9, 01 XJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Coming back to this thread every few days you’d think that every manual transmission in every Bronco is so bad the owner cannot shift, drive, or otherwise do anything with it. Oh and the replacement transmission / components of their broken and inoperable Broncos are back ordered indefinitely.

I met a 2021 manual owner Sunday and he didn’t have the noise. Mine still has it and I don’t care as long as it keeps performing fine and we get a fix eventually. Jeep is on their third recall for manual gearboxes in the JL and JT with this last one essentially being a stop driving and delivering of it yet the sentiment over there is more calm than this thread. Basically hope they fix it right this time and not another de-tune.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I met a 2021 manual owner Sunday and he didn’t have the noise. Mine still has it and I don’t care as long as it keeps performing fine and we get a fix eventually. Jeep is on their third recall for manual gearboxes in the JL and JT with this last one essentially being a stop driving and delivering of it yet the sentiment over there is more calm than this thread. Basically hope they fix it right this time and not another de-tune.
What issue do the Jeep manuals have? I remember reading about something with the clutch a while back.

Sponsored

UM_Ftown

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 5.9, 01 XJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What issue do the Jeep manuals have? I remember reading about something with the clutch a while back.
Newest recall is for the pressure plate overheating and fracturing (flying apart). I believe the first or second recall was related to overheating as well and the solution was to program the torque management so it wouldn’t.

I’d take a annoying noise and eventual fix over 3 tries to fix overheating and fracturing clutches that keep flying apart and / or catching on fire.

Last edited:

UTultimate

Badlands
First Name
UltimateBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Coming back to this thread every few days you’d think that every manual transmission in every Bronco is so bad the owner cannot shift, drive, or otherwise do anything with it. Oh and the replacement transmission / components of their broken and inoperable Broncos are back ordered indefinitely.

I think most people on here are pretty level headed about it because their truck is still driveable. Those that are now having safety issues with high revs, unable to shift are understandably upset. I think people on this forum might be a bit more fired up than the Jeep forum (no idea, I'm not on any of the Jeep forums) because many of us waited up to 2 years for our trucks that are having issues and Ford's first response was "normal for this unit" when we knew that was bullshit.

Dover157

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Mine is definitely transmission temperature related. Even on really cold days where it never got above the teens, once I drove on the highway long enough to get everything up to operating temp the noise was completely gone both in idle and while moving slow in first and second. I’m still waiting for the dealer to get the parts in and schedule the rebuild.

smiths65

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 RAM1500 BigHorn
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Posted many pages back...
Mine has had the TSB completed with additional gears on the output shaft replaced (tech didn't like the "play" once bench assembled)
So far...quiet, live in the NE

UTultimate

Badlands
First Name
UltimateBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Posted many pages back...
Mine has had the TSB completed with additional gears on the output shaft replaced (tech didn't like the "play" once bench assembled)
So far...quiet, live in the NE
How long ago was the TSB done?
Sponsored