Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a 2/23 build date, arrived at the dealer 3/7, Transmission is showing MB3R-7003-AA with a 9/25/22 build date. No noise at dealer pickup yesterday. I've got about 350 miles now. Am aware of the issue but have not really noticed anything yet. TBH, how often other than maybe warming it up are you sitting in neutral with the engine running and the clutch out? I stopped at the mailbox and figured that would be a good test but when I let the clutch out, the start / stop feature shut it down. Might be why some don't hear anything.

I'll test a bit better later on.
Sponsored

bryandunbar42

Base
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a 2/23 build date, arrived at the dealer 3/7, Transmission is showing MB3R-7003-AA with a 9/25/22 build date. No noise at dealer pickup yesterday. I've got about 350 miles now. Am aware of the issue but have not really noticed anything yet. TBH, how often other than maybe warming it up are you sitting in neutral with the engine running and the clutch out? I stopped at the mailbox and figured that would be a good test but when I let the clutch out, the start / stop feature shut it down. Might be why some don't hear anything.

I hear it almost the entire time I drive. Doesn’t have to be in the ideal gear/temperature combo for me. We’ll see what happens when the new tranny gets installed

Loughmasta

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I hear it almost the entire time I drive. Doesn’t have to be in the ideal gear/temperature combo for me. We’ll see what happens when the new tranny gets installed
Yeah it’s all the low gears when I give it a little extra juice for me.

CrestonBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I spoke with engineering again today. I cannot comment on much, however everyone, PLEASE, PLEASE, if you have this noise, see your dealer and have them submit a TAC request. I don't care if it's just a noise and doesn't effect driving. They need these documented to push the case to ford to escalate the repair. SEE YOUR DEALER!! TODAY!
I have about 600 miles on mine and have had the noise since day 2. My local dealer refused to look at it and the dealer where I purchased it can’t fit me in until mid-May. Even though I want it documented, I can’t get an appointment. It is frustrating.

Sponsored

CliffordTheBigRedBronco

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have about 600 miles on mine and have had the noise since day 2. My local dealer refused to look at it and the dealer where I purchased it can’t fit me in until mid-May. Even though I want it documented, I can’t get an appointment. It is frustrating.
Call Ford customer service!

93BRONCO22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t know if there are any other dealers within a reasonable distance of you, but if there are, I would make an appointment at all of them. You don’t want to have to wait another 2 months for an appointment if the first dealer ‘can’t replicate’ the issue, or some BS.

also - I’ve never had a dealer refuse service - this is completely unacceptable

Benny4jesus

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2023
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Joining the group that have problems. I’ll add my info to the spreadsheet soon. I have a 2023 4 dr Badlands Sas MTtan. Noticed the noise before 250miles. Now at almost 300 miles and it’s super loud at warmup.
here’s my tranny info:
MB3R 7003 AA
FFTB081622141901

Looks like the problem still remains. Mine was built in Feb 2023. Going to report it to my dealer but might as well wait until theres a fix since it looks like everyone else who’s had it replaced still has the problem. 🤦‍♂️
Thanks for organizing this!
Here’s the answers to the YouTube diagnoses:
1A - Didn’t at first at 32 outside temp, then did after the idle dropped after the engine was warmed up. Hear it crazy good now.
1B - Not a doubt it’s the tranny. Definitely the source of the noise. Have video under the rig next to the tranny.
2A - 32 deg F
2B - Noise not there at startup. Then got louder while cold and sitting and moving at low speeds. Then got quieter as it got warmer and higher speeds.
2C - Goes away when I press the clutch pedal. Comes back at release of clutch.
2D - 6 gear doesn’t change anything. I hear it at 1st and 2nd the most.
3 - Definitely!
3A - No
3B - Yes
Rolled down a hill under 20mph. No noises while in gear and out of gear. The coasting forces seemed to ease the grinding. At bottom of hill. Noises are back in gear (1-2) and out (idle). Clutch pressed takes away noise.
Hope this helps
Thanks guys

AaronTV

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rivian R1T, 2020 Kia Stinger GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I finally got to join the club this past week =)

2023 (February build) 2 door Badlands here and the noise was apparent at delivery with 9 miles on the odometer. It's a pretty mild gravelly sound that seems to go away (so far) when the vehicle warms up. Applying mild pressure to 6th gear while in neutral does eliminate the sound; let the stick back to neutral position and the sound returns. It was 26°F at delivery and the noise has remained consistent at start up for the week I've owned it in Wisconsin.

Overall, seems like a textbook instance of the issue. Not bothered by it (yet!) but hope Ford comes up with a real solution long term.

PS- I was picking up the vehicle at Granger and, with a 6.5 hour drive home in front of me, didn't want to take time to have a tech officially document it at delivery.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

also - I’ve never had a dealer refuse service - this is completely unacceptable
I've been seeing that on the forum a lot recently. It's the new way things are done I guess, punishment for not buying though them.

Sponsored

Chippewa-Pin

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Fe, Tucson, Z4, T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been seeing that on the forum a lot recently. It's the new way things are done I guess, punishment for not buying though them.
The dealer I bought from is around 1 1/2 hours away. Bought from them because they had a 2dr on the lot that we could see before we placed an order.

The dealer I took it to for diagnosis/TSB work asked me if I bought it from them. When I told them I didn't because they didn't have any and added that we've bought our last 3 Ford vehicles from them, he said OK.

Not sure if he would have refused service, but the tone/way he asked the question made it sound like he would have.

mocktheworld

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1990 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
ive had mine since February of 2022, when I first got it no noise was present. at the beginning of the winter the noise started. brought it in to my dealership to have it noted when I was due for an oil change just so it was on record. I was finally able to drop it off last Thursday in exchange for a loaner, picked the car up yesterday while waiting for parts to come. I was told it was syncros in a couple of the gears that were making the noise and once the parts come in they will have me bring it back so they can do the work. im hopeful that they will fix the issue but not sure.

AJKitebrder40

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Badlands 2D SAS, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same ditto on the transmission part #, 10/19/22 build date, no noise so far at all through 200 miles. Agree on the overall comment too, we basically have Bronco twins it appears. I read quite a bit of this thread and others regarding the manual transmission, and one thing is for certain, it is far better than the JL clutch/gearing.

The JL feels vague in clutch feel, and the gearing is much smoother and better spaced out on the Bronco. I've tested it both before I bought it and periodically when we've had cold mornings (40's), and nothing.

CrestonBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Call Ford customer service!
I contacted Ford customer service last week after my local dealership refused to schedule an appointment because I didn’t buy it there. The Ford rep told me that each dealership is individually owned and can act accordingly. I told him about the transmission noise and that there was a TSB on the issue and he said that there were no open recalls on my vehicle….essentially Ford customer service told me to pound sand.
Sponsored