John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep. Basically MB3Z-7003-A is in the process of being phased out and superseded.
All new orders will be MB3Z-7003-E. It’ll just be a little while until the new transmissions are available and ready to ship.
Do you believe the dates given for the parts to arrive at “packager” means nothing as far as when the dealer I am working with will relieve them?
Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Do you believe the dates given for the parts to arrive at “packager” means nothing as far as when the dealer I am working with will relieve them?
I think it would normally have to go to the packager, then be shipped to a parts depot, then be distributed to dealers.

That being said, I work in service, so I don’t typically deal with too much of the parts side of things.
@flip could probably give you a far better idea of what it all means.

Mod3lat6202ft

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it would normally have to go to the packager, then be shipped to a parts depot, then be distributed to dealers.

That being said, I work in service, so I don’t typically deal with too much of the parts side of things.
@flip could probably give you a far better idea of what it all means.
You’re awesome, thank you for taking the time to help me out!

smiths65

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 RAM1500 BigHorn
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From my Ford rep (today):
I was able to confirm that a new transmission was ordered for you today. I have escalated the part for your case as it is showing as back order at this time. The next update for your part’s escalation will be provided by 4/5/23.

Remember, I had the TSB w/ c-version (d not released yet) & next course of action from FoMoCo is new tranny

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm banking on a cold stretch after we take delivery here in the Chicago area. I should have mine around late May or into June sometime. I'm thinking we'll get a stretch of cold weather with lows in the high 40's/50's that should give a good idea of what is happening. If not, it'll be just be a bit of a wait until fall to see what is happening.

I'm holding out a bit of hope that with the updated TSBs and part numbers we've seen the last month, that this will be taken care of prior to building my Bronco in a few weeks. 🤞
Yep we are in the same boat.

But man, did you guys see this thread yet, where apparently Ford Rep Mike Levine told some guy "manuals will hopefully be back for 24MY". That's not exactly a rousing encouragement: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...odel-year-2024-bronco-says-mike-levine.69932/

Based on that, some folks around here (maybe alarmist maybe not) interpret that statement as maybe not coming back - ever. What the heck?

Are we buying a vehicle with flawed orphaned manual trans, and if so what would that bode for a legit future fix, and out of warranty issues?!

Sponsored

bodean

Base
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
76 Mini, 99 4Runner, 07 FJ Cruiser, 16 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yep we are in the same boat.

But man, did you guys see this thread yet, where apparently Ford Rep Mike Levine told some guy "manuals will hopefully be back for 24MY". That's not exactly a rousing encouragement: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/manual-transmission-will-“hopefully”-be-back-for-model-year-2024-bronco-says-mike-levine.69932/

Based on that, some folks around here (maybe alarmist maybe not) interpret that statement as maybe not coming back - ever. What the heck?

Are we buying a vehicle with flawed orphaned manual trans, and if so what would that bode for a legit future fix, and out of warranty issues?!
For someone so intent on keeping aggravation out of their lives.

Just walk away.

Check back in 6 months and I’m sure you’ll find people still dealing with this and you’ll be happy to not be part of it.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I picked mine up Feb 11. Now have 3,600 miles on it. Noticed the mild sound maybe two weeks ago, not severe by any means, I was expecting it would eventually turn up. I'll take it to the dealer for a 5k oil change, bring copies of the TSB, Part numbers and a few select posts for them to review. What I do wonder is since the '23's are not currently part of the TSB, just where they will or can take it.
I have a '23 (in Canada). I called my dealer and said I had a specific question and they passed me on to the shop Foreman. I explained the noise, mentioned the TSB, and of course mentioned that there are a lot of people on the forums with the same issue with 23's. That worked for me. He said they'd have to contact Ford engineering but they had my bronco for the day and ordered the new parts, and said it's OK to drive until they come in (eta unknown as some of the tsb stuff is backordered)

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Definitely. I don't think it's a big issue. I only noticed it on mine because of this thread. If i didn't see this thread I would just assume ford quirkiness and personality, which it kind of is.
Drives fine, I'm not worried

Just turn the radio on and you won't hear it
Unfortunately, the radio doesnt make mine go away, unless I listen to Pandora's "Dishwasher" station

93BRONCO22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
update:
Last Saturday I spoke to the parts manager at the dealer that has my Bronco. It took him some digging, but he was able to see
MU7Z-7107 D linked to MU7Z-7107 C. On his end it’s showing 1000 units to ‘deliver to the packager’ on 20DEC with another 750ish due in mid April. It seems that different dealers are seeing different info. regarding parts availability.

He ordered MU7Z-7107 D and expects it to deliver to him by the end of the month (no guarantee of course). I then had to explain to the service manager to hold off completing the TSB until the updated part arrives. Best case, I get my vehicle back early April with the TSB completed with the updated part.

Question… should I be having other TSBs done while it’s there? I don’t have any other specific issues that haven’t been addressed (that I’m aware of).

Would they due something like TSB 22-2392 preemptively?

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-22-2392-mud-accumulation-in-generator.68388/
update:

I spoke to the service manager & the parts manager on Friday. The -D arrived at the dealer on 3/30. My vehiicle is next in line for the transmission techs. Hopefully they begin the TSB on Monday. IF things go well, I should have it back next week.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

update:

I spoke to the service manager & the parts manager on Friday. The -D arrived at the dealer on 3/30. My vehiicle is next in line for the transmission techs. Hopefully they begin the TSB on Monday. IF things go well, I should have it back next week.
Would be interesting to compare the C vs D part. If just a sizing change, may not be able to visually see the difference.

You could ask the tech to compare the old vs new visually to see if they look different.

Sponsored

Haelous

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
update:

It looks like you'll be the first on the forum to get the D!

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

update:

Damn, I thought I was gonna get the D ring first. Let us know how it sounds when you get it back! The C ones were apparently noisy immediately after they went in 😂

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
For someone so intent on keeping aggravation out of their lives.

Just walk away.

Check back in 6 months and I’m sure you’ll find people still dealing with this and you’ll be happy to not be part of it.
Agreed. Considering that option.

Just reading the other posts, glad to see some folks here might be getting the "D" ring installed sooner rather than later, looking forward to what they notice afterward.

Last edited:

Off road enthusiast

Badlands
First Name
Agi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

MSRP for MR3Z-7003-A: $5186.67

MSRP for MB3Z-7003-E: $3,958.67

Can anybody explain the difference in price?