Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't think there are any E rev transmissions out there yet. Hopefully this does fix the issue though.
5/15/23 the transmission is said to be off backorder. Does that mean people should be getting the new transmission before the end of the month?
Sponsored

Ziemann

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Bronco 2-Door 2.3 MT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
5/15/23 the transmission is said to be off backorder. Does that mean people should be getting the new transmission before the end of the month?
How do you know it is off backorder? The big question is whether there are enough E revision transmissions to meet the demand and get people back on the street.

Frankly, my noise is very subtle, and I am still going to wait until there is a proven permanent fix. I have the noise, but the transmission works very well and is baby smooth.....

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford also contacted me about a month ago and began discussing a buy back they now have all the paperwork necessary to begin the buy back offer. I will have 2 days from the day they present the offer to accept or not. My 23 bronco has had the issue since i took delivery I dont even know what it would be like for it to be operating properly. My dealer has the "E" version transmission on order for about a month now and like everyone I'm waiting. I love the bronco but have deep concerns about this transmission issue and im not feeling very confident that it will ever be fixed, as such im torn if i should accept the buy back and walk away or fight a battle that may not be succesful and ill be stuck with a car that i wont be able to get rid of after rejecting the the current buy back offer. Basically i bought a car with a major issue and ford is giving me a short window to get out from under it and walk away. Question to the members here on the forum.... What would you do?
They will give you 2 options.

Buy back & Cash and Keep.

The Cash and Keep options is basically a payoff for your "pain and suffering".

If you want to keep your bronco and get it fixed, take the Cash and Keep option.

Nothing will change, it will not be salvaged, it's basically just a payoff from Ford Motor Company.

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is not off backorder at that time. On 5/12, 53 units will be shipped to the manufacturing plant. At which point one may or may not be heading to the people that actually need it.

6surfin6

Base
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco / 2022 JLU
Your Bronco Model
Base
They will give you 2 options.

Buy back & Cash and Keep.

The Cash and Keep options is basically a payoff for your "pain and suffering".

If you want to keep your bronco and get it fixed, take the Cash and Keep option.

Nothing will change, it will not be salvaged, it's basically just a payoff from Ford Motor Company.
Has anyone had Ford offer them a third option of replacement for the Bronco?

Sponsored

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone had Ford offer them a third option of replacement for the Bronco?
The third option (replace for another Bronco) does not exist.
It is Buyback. And they take into consideration your current vehicles MSRP value at purchase date and spin off of it. Thus with the differential of the MSRP of the current year model, would be coming out of your pocket. The same that would happen with a repurchase. In order for you to get the same vehicle you had it would likely cost you $5000 + out of pocket from my calculations.

Ford Bronco Manual transmission scraping noise / grinding sound 1683028357918

Last edited:

6surfin6

Base
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco / 2022 JLU
Your Bronco Model
Base
The third option (replace for another Bronco) does not exist.
It is Buyback. And they take into consideration your current vehicle it's MSRP value at purchase date and that is what they spin off of. Thus with the differential of the MSRP of the current year model, that gap would be coming out of your pocket.

Ford Bronco Manual transmission scraping noise / grinding sound 1683028357918
Thanks djp, that’s really good information.

CapeCodCash

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco and 14 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So good news. My new transmission is in. Bad news the part number is MB3Z-7003-A. I’m scheduled for May 15. When I ask Service about the A vs the E version I get “Oh I don’t know anything about that. We just do what Ford tells us to do.” It’s hard to get excited anymore at this point.

Chippewa-Pin

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Fe, Tucson, Z4, T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just an update for my "-D" TSB... dropped it off April 18th. Several delays later, they are supposed to start working on it today. We shall see!

mbdlds

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So good news. My new transmission is in. Bad news the part number is MB3Z-7003-A. I’m scheduled for May 15. When I ask Service about the A vs the E version I get “Oh I don’t know anything about that. We just do what Ford tells us to do.” It’s hard to get excited anymore at this point.
Do you know how long it has been since the order for a new transmission was placed?

Sponsored

CapeCodCash

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco and 14 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you know how long it has been since the order for a new transmission was placed?
I think the transmission was ordered around March 3, 2023.

Off road enthusiast

Badlands
First Name
Agi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Many of us have replaced the transmission multiple times and still have the same, noise issue. Based on this fact, I think all Broncos with manual transmissions, without exception have the same problem

manualT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Been waiting to purchase a manual Bronco.

Hoping Ford comes up with a fix for 2024 models.

Subscribed to this thread—

Mortonm

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Been waiting to purchase a manual Bronco.

Hoping Ford comes up with a fix for 2024 models.

Subscribed to this thread—
Good idea being patient but if they don't bring back the manual then there may not be many options.

I still don't really think that is how it will play out. Wrangler still has a manual and rhe new 2024 Tacoma will have a manual as well.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good idea being patient but if they don't bring back the manual then there may not be many options.

I still don't really think that is how it will play out. Wrangler still has a manual and rhe new 2024 Tacoma will have a manual as well.
The manual should be back. Direct from the Ford website:

Ford Bronco Manual transmission scraping noise / grinding sound Manual
Sponsored