Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I took the buy back, but the cash and keep is this.

2) Cash & Keep Option – If your vehicle is repaired, and you decide you would prefer to keep the vehicle, in lieu of repurchase, Ford would be willing to provide a settlement for $1,500. In exchange for this check, you will retain ownership of your vehicle and will sign a Confidential Settlement Agreement and Release of Ford Motor Company; all warranties, loans, & title status will remain in effect.
I'd take that in a heart beat and put it towards an extended warranty
Sponsored

twhitaker16

Base
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95' F250, '07 GT500, '67 Sportster XLCH
Your Bronco Model
Base
What does “cash and keep option” mean? They give you a partial refund or something?
Yeah pretty much you get to keep it but they refund some cash to you. The amount depends on how long it’s been in the shop allegedly

twhitaker16

Base
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I took the buy back, but the cash and keep is this.

2) Cash & Keep Option – If your vehicle is repaired, and you decide you would prefer to keep the vehicle, in lieu of repurchase, Ford would be willing to provide a settlement for $1,500. In exchange for this check, you will retain ownership of your vehicle and will sign a Confidential Settlement Agreement and Release of Ford Motor Company; all warranties, loans, & title status will remain in effect.
So mines been in the shop since Feb 8th and they offered me 3,000 for the cash and keep.

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So mines been in the shop since Feb 8th and they offered me 3,000 for the cash and keep.
I feel like they should at at least fix it first. What if you take the deal and then it's another three months.. Doubt they'll make another deal.

Sponsored

twhitaker16

Base
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I feel like they should at at least fix it first. What if you take the deal and then it's another three months.. Doubt they'll make another deal.
I just emailed the rep to see if that was possible to postpone it if I get the new trans quickly and if it breaks after that can I still go through with the buyback

turbotaz

Badlands
First Name
Stas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Badlands 7mt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's why I'm not thrilled about someone messing around inside the transmission. What is the tech's skill level and experience with a manual transmission? When all put back together, is everything shimmed out and aligned best as possible, or potentially a bit off? If the D-rings require significant disassembly of the trans, I'd prefer just get a new trans. Else you're kind of hoping you get a top rate experienced tech doing the fix.
Mine has been completely fine so far, fingers crossed.

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi all,
According to my Service Mgr., who has ordered the "D" rings for my truck, Ford service departments are no longer able to order the "C" rings. The parts order, if submitted for a "C" ring, is automatically changed to the newer "D" rings.
I know this as I wanted to ensure that the rings ordered for my truck are the "D" rings. They are, and will be installed on June 27th.
Following this thread, it does appear that the "D" rings are fixing the symptoms, fingers crossed. Good luck everyone!

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hi all,
According to my Service Mgr., who has ordered the "D" rings for my truck, Ford service departments are no longer able to order the "C" rings. The parts order, if submitted for a "C" ring, is automatically changed to the newer "D" rings.
I know this as I wanted to ensure that the rings ordered for my truck are the "D" rings. They are, and will be installed on June 27th.
Following this thread, it does appear that the "D" rings are fixing the symptoms, fingers crossed. Good luck everyone!
Yes, that is correct. The part has been superseded.

Sponsored

Berserkr

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Base 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just found this thread and I'm glad I did. I've been having the same noises (I think - I mostly noticed it under light acceleration in 1st and 2nd, not sure if it is the same thing) and took it to my dealer about 2 months ago (unaware of this thread). After 2 days the dealer declared the noise was the HPFP and was normal operation. That made no sense to me but I didn't know what else to do at that point. I'm pretty irritated that they were not aware of this TSB.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just found this thread and I'm glad I did. I've been having the same noises (I think - I mostly noticed it under light acceleration in 1st and 2nd, not sure if it is the same thing) and took it to my dealer about 2 months ago (unaware of this thread). After 2 days the dealer declared the noise was the HPFP and was normal operation. That made no sense to me but I didn't know what else to do at that point. I'm pretty irritated that they were not aware of this TSB.
I read at this point, the TSB does not officially apply to 2023 MY. In case you have a '23, maybe that's why it was not brought up. Although some folks have pushed and gotten their '23s taken care of. If 21/22, then yeah dealer should have known about TSB.

Berserkr

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Base 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a 22. But I'm not 100% convinced is the same sound. Still investigating

jbacon47

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco BadLands manual 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 22. But I'm not 100% convinced is the same sound. Still investigating
If the noise gets worse when it's cold outside, then you will know. The grinding happens with the clutch out in neutral or going slow in 1st/2nd. On mine, when I press the clutch the noise goes away. Almost sounds like radio static or tumbling rocks.

CyberOrangeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So if I’m scheduled for July 11th for the TSB transmission fix is it safe to assume it will be the most recent -D ring update?
Sponsored