First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Love my OBX couldn't have asked for more has been great here in West Michigan winter.
Sponsored

raptorusmaximus

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Love driving it, actually look forward to it. I few minor issue's but nothing major. I've owned jeeps and other off road vehicals so I was expecting road noise etc..... Great mannors on road, best off road vehicle out there period.

dj101nyc

Wildtrak
First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend w/4.27 & rear dif
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The noise from the back meaning the tailgate noise, this is a known issue, the removable top noise meaning the front portion, this is a known issue, The manual trans noise which many have had the transmissions replaced which is a known issue, On top of that the CEO of Ford has come out and said quality terrible.
Hmm I might be one of the lucky ones then, no rattle, soft top is louder as expected but not unbearable until you start hitting 70+mph, when did the ceo say the quality is terrible? Link?

ravenb99

First Edition
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sequoia
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I just brought in my First Edition last Monday for a list of things that added up over time . Mechanically nothing wrong at all. It's been a blast to drive and a very fun truck.

The service side of Ford is probably the biggest issue for me over the little things that keep going bad. We have 2 dealers that are sister dealers and they seem to pass everything off on the other one. Getting appointments is pretty abysmal. 2 weeks out for oil changes, 4-6 weeks out for any warranty trim. It is just unacceptable. I have a Sequoia, and 4runner TRD pro as well and Toyota service just blows them out of the water. Can have an appointment the next morning and done in 30 min. I get all the understaffing but if one dealer can do it there is no excuse for a dealership being this slow on service.

Got to the point I walked out of the 2nd dealership as they didn't have the loaner they said they would after cancelling the first appointment and rescheduling 5 weeks later. The serivce/parts director found out about it and actually called and took care of it at my dealership for me. Magically had my appointments moved up to 3 days out after that.

So brought in last Monday for the leak that Ford reached out to me over the forums on here for (over 2 months ago, that is how long it took to get the vehicle in to even be looked at) Hasn't really done it since then but I do occasionally see a small puddle on floor board of drivers so. The black sealant is coming out on this side by where the frame meets the roof. Assume it is just needing to be resealed.

2nd issue was the rear defroster popped off on one side. Pretty common , I guess they have to replace the entire back winshield from what I was told. They can't retattach them. Had never used it to date so not a big deal but shouldn't be dangling everytime I open my hatch either.

Newest issue was the rear seat lever that folds the seats down just came off in my hand. Couldn't get it to stay back on.

Have 2 rattles that have developed over the year I've had it and just gotten worse and very loud. The one seems to be the passenger side roof clip that is making the noise. The one closest to the rear view mirror. Its pretty obnoxious and can even be heard over the radio up pretty loud. Other one is the constant rattle somehwere in the back end. Seems to possibly be the plastic cover over the roll bar cause that seems lose although I'm not entirely sure. Told me if they can't recreate those then they can't fix them. Should be easy enough if you can hear noises.

Only other thing I had was the cowl replacement back over the summer. Assume that will go again though as they said it was the same part being used and they had a lot of problems noted on them. At the time was no recall or different part though.

On the sales side the performance calibration was a joke. Said you could only buy from a Ford Performance dealership. Closest was 45 minutes away. So I called them. They were out of stock early on. About 2 weeks later called again and ordered it. Went and picked it up. I was going to have it installed at same time for the "warranty" aspect but was told appointments were 2 weeks out there. So when it came in I decided to go over to service and verify that they actually could install. Service manager there comes back and says they don't do it but an ex mechanic that used to work there worked at a Ford Performance approved shop. It was 45 minutes even further away so wound up doing it myself. Works great and very happy with it. Mentioned all this to the parts / service director telling how they are just losing sales over what amounts to a tune that anyone can do. Crazy they wouldn't want $800 parts sales and something that takes 15 minutes to install. Shouldn't be that hard to get a tune calibration done.

So guess I'll see how it holds up over time. Everything else works great. Very comfortable for taller people. The quality looks and feels nice and everyone that sees it says how nice it is. Just a lot of little things to go wrong in a year. Can look across the different brands though and a lot of quality issues across the board the past 2 years which is pretty much expected I suppose.

mikey_photo

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No regrets at allā€¦ Iā€™ve had my Badlands for 1.5 years and put 27k miles on it so far and itā€™s been great. Yes, some of the interior materials could be better, but theyā€™re functional and I havenā€™t had anything fall apart yet. The Bronco still puts a smile on my face daily and that is saying a lot.

I think the hardtop/soft top wind noise is way overblown. The hardtop quality issues are an actual real problem. As to the former, it seems this mostly comes from owners with unrealistic expectations of what a brick shaped soft top vehicle should sound like. Iā€™m running the Bestop soft top on my 2dr and I like it so much that Iā€™m giving it a go this winter and not putting the hard top back on.

Sponsored

JonDW29

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Iā€™m running the Bestop soft top on my 2dr and I like it so much that Iā€™m giving it a go this winter and not putting the hard top back on.
Would love to know how it holds up to any significant snow events. I'm happy with my MIC for now, but been eyeing a Bestop for the spring. Any top I go with would likely become a year-round solution as I'm not interested in changing them out twice a year.

billybong420

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Legs......
Your Bronco Model
Base
Would love to know how it holds up to any significant snow events. I'm happy with my MIC for now, but been eyeing a Bestop for the spring. Any top I go with would likely become a year-round solution as I'm not interested in changing them out twice a year.
i have the bestop as well, sold the 2 dr hardtop which was lucky . i love it , had it since last december, no problems at all

mikey_photo

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So far so good and weā€™ve had snow and some subzero temps. I did get the premium Bestop and itā€™s a quality made product. They also make the soft top for the Jeep, so while a new product for Broncoā€¦ not really a new product. Iā€™ll be sure to update post winter.

Sponsored

EKOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Does anyone have regrets buying their Bronco? I def do. Love the cool factor but thats about it. Build quality is of the charts terrible.
Sometimes I wish I had bought the two door and/or added Sasquatch. However, I felt like the price point I paid was about the limit I could pay without negotiating at home. Although Iā€™ve had issues with the top and window switches the dealer has fixed both under warranty

Slp2002fh

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜85 S10 Blazer, 2004 GTO
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have read COUNTLESS issues with the Bronco and have experienced most of them. Are the issues with the lower trim levels?
Maybe you need to stop reading and go out and enjoy the vehicle in the use for which it was intended. It was designed to be a $40,000 off-road vehicle, nothing more. I usually buy the top packages and pay way over the real price but I know that Iā€™m not buying a luxury vehicle, Iā€™m just buying a very well equipped off-road vehicle.
I wish the PT Cruiser craze of 2000/2001 would have broadcast across the internet like the Bronco release has. I remember dealers asking way over sticker for that turd.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Love mine. Is what I expected. Soft top. Wind noise only gets loud above 73mph. Then it climbs. I might get a dirty dog insulating panel and work on a few little areas with body panel sound treatment. My only gripe is Ford left out rear cup holders. Thatā€™s about the dumbest thing a company could do these days with the interior. My 30k non leather seat Maverick has them. And the horrible sound system.

Mad Martigan

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and 1 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I do not have regrets but the build quality is lacking. My biggest complaint is the cheap plastic that scratches if you look at it wrong. The plastic in my 2012 F150 (still own) is much more durable and scratch resistant. I have a new rattle in the back by the tailgate or side not sure which. My hard top started whistling the other day with the high winds. I suspect it is due to the poor rubber seals between the panels. They donā€™t seal very well. Everything else I love.

but I agree about missing sport mode and Hoss 3.0 more so the HOSS 3.0. I was originally Wildtrak but switched to badlands because of interior color scheme. I felt that was harder/ more expensive too change. I was probably wrong.
Sponsored