Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So, apparently you have an area Ford rep giving an OK for a Priority Code 01?

That is the only way you get a Bronco in a few months. A dealer cannot simply assign an 01 code, it has to be approved by Ford Corporate people... and if that is the case, Ford Corporate is involved at some level.
This is the case. I’ve received an email from the NY Sales and Service Manager yesterday afternoon that the GM of DCH Ford sent to him in the morning after we talked. To be honest-in my situation I’d be ok with waiting six months-rather get in the late spring then mid winter. But if it happens sooner, that is fine too.

Someone well known here at Ford corporate also was involved.

I should be placing my order once my salesman gets in and on the upside I decided to upgrade to the modular bumper on my build after all this, so that is a win too.
Sponsored

Hot Runr Guy

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018Escape, 2019 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is the case. I’ve received an email from the NY Sales and Service Manager yesterday afternoon that the GM of DCH Ford sent to him in the morning after we talked. To be honest-in my situation I’d be ok with waiting six months-rather get in the late spring then mid winter. But if it happens sooner, that is fine too.

I should be placing my order once my salesman gets in and on the upside I decided to upgrade to the modular bumper on my build after all this, so that is a win too.
I just can't imagine what they promised you that would entice you to stay with the same dealership? As noted, none of us will ever know "the rest of the story", but that's fine, DCH has been exposed for what they are.

HRG

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

No offense intended, but... I see another "teachable moment".

Your definition of winning is worse than Charlie Sheen's...

ausherpharmd

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No offense intended, but... I see another "teachable moment".

Your definition of winning is worse than Charlie Sheen's...
That's a good way of putting it.

OP
OP
Sherminiator

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I just can't imagine what they promised you that would entice you to stay with the same dealership?
What it boils down to is that the whole situation on both sides was handled terribly.

If the whole thing that transpired here didn't happen (which I took accountability for, but was not my intention for to go that badly), this would have been most likely taken care of by Ford internally. But the thread festered over the weekend and the reviews, which obviously are important to dealerships showed that. You also might consider the fact that what happened has caught the eyes of other dealerships, so this may not happen as much going forward, which is a good thing for the community. Plus do you think they are going to double down on stupidity after all of this?

I spoke with the GM, apologized for my part, and they apologized for their actions and the GM wanted to make things right, even though they didn't have to. I have no problem with working with someone that is willing to work with me. We cleared the air and have made things better for people down the road.

So if my "punishment" is waiting another six months or whatever for what happened, I'll take that, but in the grand scheme of things this will hopefully make everything better for everyone.

But its also obvious that some people on here are just out for blood no matter what-which doesn't help anyone. I get that people are passionate and my passion lead me to what I did last week, but I also realize that yeah I was wrong for some of my actions I did too. Its called growth.

Sponsored

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Glad to see that Levine got involved and was able to move you up the list.

WhiteMamba

First Edition
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE, 2015 F350 2010 Focus 1995 F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I sure hope that 2nd Bronco comes out of their allocation and isn't some bonus, These dealers getting over even when they do bad shit and never be surprised when someone "doubles down on dumb"

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

... If the whole thing that transpired here didn't happen (which I took accountability for, but was not my intention for to go that badly) ...
Who could have foreseen asking a car forum to go after a dealer that added an undisclosed ADM at time of delivery would turn into a dog pile? 🤔

OP
OP
Sherminiator

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Who could have foreseen asking a car forum to go after a dealer that added an undisclosed ADM at time of delivery would turn into a dog pile? 🤔
This is true, but I wasn't thinking that...I had just gotten home from the dealership at that point.

Hindsight is 20/20.

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It appears the dealer has gotten all the recent reviews removed from Google.

Sponsored

Hot Runr Guy

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018Escape, 2019 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What it boils down to is that the whole situation on both sides was handled terribly.

If the whole thing that transpired here didn't happen (which I took accountability for, but was not my intention for to go that badly), this would have been most likely taken care of by Ford internally. But the thread festered over the weekend and the reviews, which obviously are important to dealerships showed that. You also might consider the fact that what happened has caught the eyes of other dealerships, so this may not happen as much going forward, which is a good thing for the community. Plus do you think they are going to double down on stupidity after all of this?

I spoke with the GM, apologized for my part, and they apologized for their actions and the GM wanted to make things right, even though they didn't have to. I have no problem with working with someone that is willing to work with me. We cleared the air and have made things better for people down the road.

So if my "punishment" is waiting another six months or whatever for what happened, I'll take that, but in the grand scheme of things this will hopefully make everything better for everyone.

But its also obvious that some people on here are just out for blood no matter what-which doesn't help anyone. I get that people are passionate and my passion lead me to what I did last week, but I also realize that yeah I was wrong for some of my actions I did too. Its called growth.

If the whole thing that transpired here didn't happen

From my point of view, the dealer threw the first punch (by adding the $10K ADM afterwards). They've been rewarded by not only profiting on that sale, but also the opportunity to sell you a vehicle at MSRP. None of the rest of this would have happened without their deceitful actions. Heck, if they would have acted as they should have, you would have been singing their praises. They brought this on themselves.

Do you really think that Ford Corporate would have got involved without the "pressure" that was applied? I don't.

HRG

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Resolutions that end in a win/win for both parties are the best compromise possible. Now if only our government would learn that principle.

OP
OP
Sherminiator

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Do you really think that Ford Corporate would have got involved without the "pressure" that was applied? I don't.
Yes, because there has been other ADM issues with Bronco and even the Maverick that have been resolved that way. I know some people are pissed at Ford for what is happening with their Broncos, but try to look at it from their side and understand it.

The way this unfolded hurt it being fixed that way and don't disregard the legal aspects of what happened.

I know people want their pound of flesh, but sometimes its just better to meet in the middle that helps all parties out.

Balthezor

Badlands
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just spit balling here. But I think someone got threatened by legal action... Why did you kick the door man?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.