David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not a Mormon?. A polyamorous household. It's more "wives" than wives as only one can be legal. Didn't think y'all would latch on to this the way ya did.
No worries. Not judging.
Sponsored

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not a Mormon?. A polyamorous household. It's more "wives" than wives as only one can be legal. Didn't think y'all would latch on to this the way ya did.
Probably because most of us have never heard of such a thing.

You do you boo

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sorry bro we’re just used to living in the real world of a polyamorous household where one wife lives with several husbands!??

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Oh, I think we latched on because for many of us, someone's getting shanked if we tried to pull that off. Personally, one is enough for me. I can't imagine more.

ATLUTDFAN

First Edition
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Last I heard you cannot switch though, unless they have updated?
You can change your entire reservation when you order with the dealer including number of doors and trim level. The only thing you cannot do is switch to a First Edition if you did not reserve a FE originally. Check the reservation FAQ from Ford, it outlines everything.

You also only get one dealer change prior to Oct. 31st.

Sponsored

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
"Wives" in the plural, yes. And they'd prefer a 4-door. I'm personally drawn to the proportions of the 2-door. But I get where they're coming from. The 4-door is also more likely to get top nod when it comes to developing a reinforcement for the top like the Backbone from Rhino. So, that may allow me to skip getting a 4'x6' trailer to mount an RTT to as is my plan if I stay 2-door. So we'll see how it plays out.

FB_IMG_1513605898720.jpg
More power to ya! I can barely handle one at a time.

spyderman01

Base
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is the answer. I couldn't imagine needing a 4D if I was just solo camping. You don't need enough stuff to fill a 4D.

Even if it was just me and another I would struggle to fill a 2D.

To each their own but I think the less stuff you can bring the better.
I was camping with my granddaughter this summer with my X3 and I definitely packed too much, I had the tent, the AC (it's hot in Florida in the summer), the air bed, the kayak paddles, the life jackets, the cooler, the BBQ stuff, wood for the fire pit, the kayak seats, and I guess I need to bring clothes too! It was worse when we also brought the bikes as then there were helmets and such too. A 4 door fills up fast. That said, I will do a better job next year, or through stuff up on the roof with the Kayaks!

Undecided

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco, 2002 Tacoma, 2015 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I will be going with the 2-Door and yet I have a family of four like many here. Both of my kids are under 1yr old in rear facing car seats and I drop them off at G'ma's every morning on my way to work. Will I be complaining that I will have to climb in the back every morning to "click" in the kid's car seats? Yes, probably. Will that frown turn upside down when I put the vehicle into drive and exit my driveway with my kids in the back? Hell yeah! When they are old enough to walk and climb, they will be using the rear tires as steps to get in when the top is off just like I did when I was a kid with my Dad. You don't have to stop living just because you have kids. Will my back pay for it in the long run? Probably, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Life is just too short to not enjoy the small and sometimes annoying things.
I don't think I could have worded it any better. Years from now my daughters won't remember how easy it was to load into our 4-door sedan, but they will remember how much fun it was to climb the tires to jump into the back of the Jeep with the top off and the creative ways they found to pack light for our overnight trips.

Even so, sometimes the space in a two-door is just not enough. The answer to that, of course, is to get two!

Curly

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04' Jeep Liberty, 79' Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Base
So, first of all what I write below isn't a criticism of wanting a 4 door, which is all good. It's directed more towards swaying those who think they need a 4 door.

Bear in mind that Overlanding channels on Youtube, or social media influencers take it to the extreme. I mean that in regards to the vehicles and amount of equipment they pack. In my opinion it's outstandingly impractical in cost and need. I've seen some trip reports where they put themselves in just stupidly dangerous situations because of their overconfidence.

What they call 'overlanding' is another man's Sheep Wagon hauled up to a meadow with the ol' ranch pickup. You don't need much to get out and enjoy the outdoors while remaining nimble and maneuverable.

Overlanding channels make you feel like you need 'this' or need 'that'. Soon, the whole purpose of overlanding shifts from actually enjoying the outdoors, to a constant pursuit of acquiring all the crap you now have to haul all the way out there. If you use your Bronco as a DD, then you have to pack and unpack all that crap every time you head out. Now, estimate how many weekends you'll head out each year, accounting for the seasons and your personal preferences. What's the breakdown on cost per trip after you outfit that sucker? How many trips before it theoretically pays for itself? Starts to become obvious that these 'Overlanders' are folks with some sort of inexhaustible source of funds or YOLO attitudes with credit.

The best channels are the dirt baggers you make it work with a '99 Tacoma and plywood.

So, I see only three reason to own a 4 door:
1. Because you think it's cool.
2. You need a 5th seat
3. You want to sleep in the back of it.

A properly equipped 2 door will get you out enjoying the outdoors. Yakima/Thule roof rack with a Sky box can hold all your soft goods. You can fit a few other odds and ends up there as well. Become a minimalist with your cooking equipment so that it stores efficiently behind the second row with a decent cooler. Forget the roof top tent, and save some money with a hammock or good tent with thick pads or a cot.

I'm just surprised how many people outfit themselves like Safari guides to ramble about the western United States like it's the boonies of Africa or Siberia. It's just silly.
Excellent points. Hell I've gone camping for a week on a motorcycle many, many times. And no bagger either. BTW... 2 door buyer here.

Sponsored

Sidekick_Maverick

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

New to the forum - but didn’t see this answered here - so thought I would ask.

For those of you going with the 2 door - how do you plan on handling door storage on the go? If I remember correctly, only the 4 door will have enough cargo room for door storage.

One of the few reservations I currently have going with the 2 door Is I know I will want to remove and reattach the doors on the go, and I don’t want to remove the back 2 seats to have enough room.

(Could be wrong about the door storage in the 2 door - but I seem to remember reading this).

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
New to the forum - but didn’t see this answered here - so thought I would ask.

For those of you going with the 2 door - how do you plan on handling door storage on the go? If I remember correctly, only the 4 door will have enough cargo room for door storage.

One of the few reservations I currently have going with the 2 door Is I know I will want to remove and reattach the doors on the go, and I don’t want to remove the back 2 seats to have enough room.

(Could be wrong about the door storage in the 2 door - but I seem to remember reading this).
You are correct, only the 4-door has the in-vehicle door storage. The length of the doors on the 2-door presents challenges for in-vehicle storage, at least with a Ford-designed solution.

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Probably 11 of the 12 people ive discussed the bronco with in person think the 4 door looks better.
Im undecided. Like them both. I think non-purists will like the look of the 4 door more tho.
I do think the SAS 4 door looks better. However, I really like the price point of the 2 door base. It’ll have a little added performance as well because of the better breakover angle.

I decided that I really don’t wanna spend over $40k on a vehicle again so I’m going with the 2 door Basesquatch most likely. They both look great in my opinion though.

SamR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was camping with my granddaughter this summer with my X3 and I definitely packed too much, I had the tent, the AC (it's hot in Florida in the summer), the air bed, the kayak paddles, the life jackets, the cooler, the BBQ stuff, wood for the fire pit, the kayak seats, and I guess I need to bring clothes too! It was worse when we also brought the bikes as then there were helmets and such too. A 4 door fills up fast. That said, I will do a better job next year, or through stuff up on the roof with the Kayaks!
As an arizonan I need you to elaborate on the A/C unit while camping. Is this just a window unit that you're plugging into an outlet at an rv campground?

Benji_Allgood

Black Diamond
First Name
Benji
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fam
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
2 door, 4 door....it's all good! The only reason I see needing 4 doors, is if I have more than 2 passengers with me....which honestly, I don't really want. It's just me and my girl. Maybe a dog in the future. As for storage; I get why not having a door to access that part of the rear is going to be a pain. That's why I plan to do at least a 60% rear seat delete, from goosegear when it inevitably gets fabricated. Then you'll have tons of storage and all kinds of pullout, easy access types of solutions! For me, the 2 door just looks right, but to each their own.
Sponsored