Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@flip thanks for posting your updated cook book. One question: under Badlands: Special 2DR, both rows 6 & 7 have the same qualifier “2.7, auto, tow”. All part numbers are the same, but different VINs. What is the difference of these two rows?

This is a fantastic thread with a ton of great information from everyone.
I didn't save a copy before I changed everything so don't recall if there was or wasn't. I wanted several VINs to get a good sampling. From what I can remember, some of these different combos have been consolidating service parts from when they initially came out.
Sponsored

Ck17466

Black Diamond
First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Black diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Great info. With all that being said. I bought some Bilstein takeoffs from a 2021 bronco 4 door wildtrak edition and wanted to install them on a 4 door base black diamond. Should I be ok or would I have any issues. Also, in addition to the new shocks on the black diamond could I also install 2 inch spacers along with the Bilstein takeoffs and have no issues? Thanks in advance for any advice and hep on this.

Ck17466

Black Diamond
First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Black diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Can the Sasquatch shocks be installed on a non-Sasquatch black diamond and a 2” spacer? Or would this cause issues? Thanks

mdk100

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Cayenne, BMW X3e, 2 door BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
How many spring sizes are used on 2 door SAS? The cookbook just show motor and tow difference, so four total spring options. I have a Base 2 door SAS, 2.3 w/o tow. I’m adding skids, rock rails and bumpers, so the weight is going up, closer to a BD SAS. Adding a modular bumper really changed the driving characteristics. I wonder if there’s a difference in springs between a Base SAS 2.3 no tow and a Black Diamond 2 door 23 no tow. Anyone with a BD who can check theirs?

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So let's say I throw a Sas takeoff Shock and spring from a 2 door base sas 2.3L auto and put it on my 2 door non sas BD 2.3L manual. The spring numbers are different than a sas BD, but does anyone know if there is any actual performance difference with the springs being different?

Would it not be the same thing if someone with a base sas ended up putting steel front and rear bumpers aftermarket and still drove with stock sas springs? Trying to find out if it matters what 2 door spring I run on it.

Sponsored

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How many spring sizes are used on 2 door SAS? The cookbook just show motor and tow difference, so four total spring options. I have a Base 2 door SAS, 2.3 w/o tow. I’m adding skids, rock rails and bumpers, so the weight is going up, closer to a BD SAS. Adding a modular bumper really changed the driving characteristics. I wonder if there’s a difference in springs between a Base SAS 2.3 no tow and a Black Diamond 2 door 23 no tow. Anyone with a BD who can check theirs?
So when you added the front bumper what type of characteristic did you notice?

mdk100

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Cayenne, BMW X3e, 2 door BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just heavier steering, if that makes sense. A bit longer to brake. I’ve gotten used to it now, but it’s not quite as nimble as before. I’ve added another 200 lbs or so, so not surprising. It doesn’t look like I’m more nose down, so maybe not a difference.

Rd1103

Badlands
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OK, please forgive me if I missed this in the discussions here. I have a manual Badlands non SAS, and want to add 35" tires to my setup (and likely upgrade suspension.) What is the smart move for a rig that isn't for looks, per se, but primarily for performance. This is my first time adding larger tires like this to an off-road rig.

Rd1103

Badlands
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm new to this but have read this whole thread and many others, as well as a lot of other content to try to educate myself.

I have a non-SAS Badlands that I'd like to lift and add 35" tires.

Two questions I have that I haven't seen an answer to -

1) If I use strut spacers on a non-SAS badlands, how much extra droop is safe for the CV joint past stock?

2) I'd like to retain my factory beadlock-capable wheels. I've seen that moving to 35" tires may require a +30 offset instead of the +55 that is on those wheels. Can I just use a 20mm wheel spacer? What are the drawbacks if any of a wheel spacer?

Thanks to everyone for all of the priceless knowledge share.
Anyone have thoughts on this? I am in the exact same boat here.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is the upper control arm on sas and non sas broncos the same?

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is the upper control arm on sas and non sas broncos the same?
To the best of my knowledge yes, this is why you can easily swap the Sasquatch shocks and springs into other Broncos.

However, I am not the expert, I just turned a wrench both ways in the past.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

To the best of my knowledge yes, this is why you can easily swap the Sasquatch shocks and springs into other Broncos.

However, I am not the expert, I just turned a wrench both ways in the past.
Thank you. This was my understanding also but never really found and post on it being same part numbers

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

WOW, a lot of great information

I ask this to the great wisdom of those here. I’m really considering running on my Black Diamond the Eibachs Pro Lift Stage II and setting them up to give me a two inch lift and running 33’s.

FYI I never care to run more than a two inch lift or larger tires than 33’s.

Feedback encouraged.

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

WOW, a lot of great information

I ask this to the great wisdom of those here. I’m really considering running on my Black Diamond the Eibachs Pro Lift Stage II and setting them up to give me a two inch lift and running 33’s.

FYI I never care to run more than a two inch lift or larger tires than 33’s.

Feedback encouraged.
I’m running 33s right now on my stock Black Diamond, no issues at all. It looks really good and within a half inch of a stock Badlands.

Find a set of stock Badlands takeoffs and you’d be cooking with grease. I think that gives you a great balance of all worlds without breaking the bank.

Usdmmark

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not sure if this was covered but I purchased suspension off of a non sas BL . Both vehicles are 2.3L , 4 door no tow. his vehicle is a manual and mine auto. What do you think an estimate in height difference will be?
Sponsored