Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's good to know that my dealer didn't play any games with me. I originally reserved/ordered a 2-door Badlands and later changed it to a 4-door badlands. The dealer adjusted down $900 for price protection for me when I picked mine up back in April. Looking at the chart, it falls right in between the $975 and $825 between the two models. Thanks for this!
Sponsored

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is only one reason why Ford and the dealerships make this process so confusing and hard for the customer to execute..

it’s intentional.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is only one reason why Ford and the dealerships make this process so confusing and hard for the customer to execute..

it’s intentional.
I don't know. Can't rule out the sales people simply doing a half-assed job. Outside of the vehicle itself, not much about the reservation system -- or the entire launch -- seems to have been planned and executed well. Not only from the perspective of customers; they've botched this in some ways that hurt dealers and Ford itself too. A lot of stuff seems to have been decided without much forethought or preparation.

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know. Can't rule out the sales people simply doing a half-assed job. Outside of the vehicle itself, not much about the reservation system -- or the entire launch -- seems to have been planned and executed well. Not only from the perspective of customers; they've botched this in some ways that hurt dealers and Ford itself too. A lot of stuff seems to have been decided without much forethought or preparation.
Leadership. I don’t blame the rank and file.

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Leadership. I don’t blame the rank and file.
It’s definitely a combination of things.

Dealers have never really been in a situation where they need to provide long-term customer support for people with an ordered vehicle. In the past, the vast majority of their sales have been from vehicles they’ve had in stock on their lots. Those are easy… customer shows up, the MSRP price is whatever is listed on the sticker, and in many situations the customer drives home with a vehicle that day.

Now dealers have to provide support for customers who ordered vehicles years ago, and it’s clear many dealers don’t have a clue how to do that. They have to actually know about Ford’s retail price protection—which has been around for as long as I can remember… it’s nothing new. And on top of that, dealers have to research and read-up on the documentation Ford provides for these price protection programs… and obviously many are not doing that.

I do think Ford is to blame here for making the price protection after the mid-year price increases not super clear in their dealer communications. But most of the blame I personally would put on the dealers themselves. I created this post and flowchart using the exact same information that was provided to dealers. All they had to do was read it. ;)

Sponsored

Mvruggink41

Wildtrak
First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on Wildtrak Bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How are we supposed to collect this money back my dealer has MY money and says he doesn’t know when for is going to pay them back….

Cysquatch

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CTS, 1996 Silverado 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Alright... so based on my daily browsing of this forum, it is clear that the price protection system Ford has created for us is confusing both for customers and for dealers. So I'm going to attempt to help the situation and give clarity to it. Keep in mind this is intended for customers in the United States. Customers in Canada have their own program(s), but I don't know those details (apologies to our northern neighbors).

If any of this is wrong please let me know ASAP. I don't want to add to the confusion.

Generally speaking there are three price protection programs in play:
  • Retail Price Protection - This is Ford's standard price protection that applies to all Ford vehicles and is designed to protect order holders from mid-year price increases. It is based on your order date and remains valid for the remainder of the 2022 model year.
  • PGM#38406 - This program was created specifically for early reservation holders to protect the from the 2022MY Price Increases. This program is only valid for the 2022MY, but there will be an updated 2023MY program at some point in the future for those who gets pushed or are holding out until 2023.
  • PGM#38446 - This program is effectively an addendum to the PGM#38406 to protect order holders from the 2022.5MY Price Increases. This program is only valid for the 2022MY.
Exactly which of these programs you qualify for is dependent on what you had reserved, what you ordered, when you reserved/ordered, etc. etc. On the table below... Column A is the price protection money for the 2022MY price increases, and Column B is the price protection money for the 2022.5MY price increases. The colors on the program numbers above correspond to the colored boxes on the flowchart blow. Using them, you should be able to figure out exactly what you qualify for.

On the dealer's side of things... these price protection programs should appear when they pull up your order/vehicle in Smart VINCENT. If not, they can use the program numbers above and your customer number to find details on the program.

Keep in mind this is simply the protections Ford is offering to you as an order holder. However, the final selling price is ultimately between you and your dealer. Ultimately Ford cannot guarantee the final selling price of the vehicle and (generally speaking) cannot protect your from dealer markups. They can only protect you from the MSRP price increases they themselves have added through the past year or so.

View attachment 338484

View attachment 338491
If you would like more information on this... here are a few resources:
Interesting. I had the $800 cert when I took delivery and let the dealership know that Ford would be sending them $1500. About a month after delivery, I received a check for $1425.00. And no, I did not ask about the missing $75.

Jonny way

Everglades
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Actually this brings up a good point which needs to be explained…

The early reservation price protection program is applied to your name as a reservation holder and NOT a specific order. So if you found a brand new Bronco on the lot and you were tired of waiting for your order, you could apply that early reservation price protection to that on-lot vehicle, which is perfectly valid within the constraints of the program. May be hard to find a dealer who is willing to do that, but it can be done obviously. You can’t double-dip though, once you use that certificate you can’t use it again with your original order.

The retail price protection, however, is attached to your name and that specific order.
Doubt it. If they wont let you change your specs beyond color and basic elements without losing PP they wont let you select a totally different vehicle.

grenjith7

Badlands
First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How are we supposed to collect this money back my dealer has MY money and says he doesn’t know when for is going to pay them back….
I have the same question. how will I even know, when he got paid back. if that fellow says- he didnt get or make me wait endlessly- then what is the recourse. Customer service is not going to know if dealer got it or not. Customer Service wont have visibility to dealer payment systems

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the same question. how will I even know, when he got paid back. if that fellow says- he didnt get or make me wait endlessly- then what is the recourse. Customer service is not going to know if dealer got it or not. Customer Service wont have visibility to dealer payment systems
Admittedly, I don’t have a good answer for this question.

Dealers typically get reimbursed by Ford within 30-45 days. So if you are 2 months past when you took delivery and you haven’t heard/seen anything from your dealer… I’d start bugging them.

Sponsored

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I believe if you ordered before March 19th you would qualify even if you did not make a reservation no? A lot of the FAQ says "reservation or order"

Could be wrong

grenjith7

Badlands
First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe if you ordered before March 19th you would qualify even if you did not make a reservation no? A lot of the FAQ says "reservation or order"

Could be wrong
YES. You would qualify for the price protection against 2022 mid cycle price increase.-which runs to on an average of $1000. NO reservation is needed.

Reservation guys will collect some more than that because they are having price protection from the 2021.

grenjith7

Badlands
First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Admittedly, I don’t have a good answer for this question.

Dealers typically get reimbursed by Ford within 30-45 days. So if you are 2 months past when you took delivery and you haven’t heard/seen anything from your dealer… I’d start bugging them.
Do you see any point in me talking to dealership general manager and asking him to honor the old/agreed price?

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

YES. You would qualify for the price protection against 2022 mid cycle price increase.-which runs to on an average of $1000. NO reservation is needed.

Reservation guys will collect some more than that because they are having price protection from the 2021.
oh sorry I meant if you ordered before March 19th 2021 you would also get the 2021 benefits too.

3003B79A-21F3-471E-89F5-6F2F45D560CA.jpeg

grenjith7

Badlands
First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
oh sorry I meant if you ordered before March 19th 2021 you would also get the 2021 benefits too.

3003B79A-21F3-471E-89F5-6F2F45D560CA.jpeg
Yes; True.; i ordered only in Nov 2021. So no hope there. it is tough to get some of the dealers to cough up mid cycle price increase without a lot of headache. i feel good for not ordering before and to deal with them to adjustment for close to 2000$
Sponsored

Last edited: