Sponsored

Yardo //

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Lincoln MKX (for sale), 1976 CJ-7 (for sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can someone help me with my circumstance and how best to approach my dealership. I may be somewhat naive on this by they have not mentioned price protection. Is it my responsibility to make sure that they honor the for price protection?

I'm a Jan 21st 2021 order date.
Ford Bronco The Ultimate 2022MY PRICE PROTECTION Flowchart Screenshot_20221001-195215_Chrome

I was converted to a 22 on Oct 8 2021.
Ford Bronco The Ultimate 2022MY PRICE PROTECTION Flowchart Screenshot_20221001-195940_Chrome

I also noticed that the price protection page on Ford's website recently changed. The protection price matrix was removed. Is that something that I should be concerned with?

Thanks for any feedback.
Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Can someone help me with my circumstance and how best to approach my dealership. I may be somewhat naive on this by they have not mentioned price protection. Is it my responsibility to make sure that they honor the for price protection?
Most of the mid to large size dealerships are not having a problem, because they do it all the time and know how it works.

You qualify for "Retail Price Protection". Which means that you are supposed to pay the price when you ordered, not when it's delivered. The difference is $2000 on a Badlands 2-Door. (it's $2k for all 2-Doors except BD, which is only $1500)

If your dealership plays dumb, tell them to call their "zone rep". You will wait. And you want the rep on speaker. ;-)

Edit to add: you also qualify for the MY21 rebate based on the fact that you met the magical retroactive date of 19 March for your original order. That is in SmartVincent, and your dealership will have absolutely no problems finding it.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Most of the mid to large size dealerships are not having a problem, because they do it all the time and know how it works.

You qualify for "Retail Price Protection". Which means that you are supposed to pay the price when you ordered, not when it's delivered. The difference is $2000 on a Badlands 2-Door. (it's $2k for all 2-Doors except BD, which is only $1500)

If your dealership plays dumb, tell them to call their "zone rep". You will wait. And you want the rep on speaker. ;-)

Edit to add: you also qualify for the MY21 rebate based on the fact that you met the magical retroactive date of 19 March for your original order. That is in SmartVincent, and your dealership will have absolutely no problems finding it.
This^^^^^°

One wrinkle. Smartvincent has the 2021 to 2022 price protection which is a cert the dealer has to actively find and will be yours.
Retail price protection is a check that Ford issues to the new owner after the dealer files the sales paperwork. Some dealers will give you that credit at purchase time and have you assign the check over to them. Others will just forward the check to you and force you to pay the full price.

Yardo //

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Lincoln MKX (for sale), 1976 CJ-7 (for sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the info! Appreciate you guys taking the time to respond and explain.

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Who here got a price protection refund check from the dealer for the MY22.5 increase? I've been told some dealers are giving it to customers upfront, other dealers are waiting until they receive the checks from Ford (typically 30-60 days after the sale) before cutting one to the customer.
You forgot option 3, some dealers say nothing and keep it.

Sponsored

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
They
Doing that would be illegal as the checks are issued to the original order holder. They would have to fake someone's signature. Unless that is they fool you into signing an assignment document assigning the check to them. But we all make sure what we sign actually says, right?

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
They

Doing that would be illegal as the checks are issued to the original order holder. They would have to fake someone's signature. Unless that is they fool you into signing an assignment document assigning the check to them. But we all make sure what we sign actually says, right?
As far as I know the checks are issued to the dealer and it's up to them to take it off the selling price or refund customer when it comes.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
As far as I know the checks are issued to the dealer and it's up to them to take it off the selling price or refund customer when it comes.
They are sent to the dealer, but they are issued to the sold to name on the documents the dealer files with Ford. They send it to the dealer for the dealer to have another touch point with their customer. That's the same for any rebate or generally any money that comes from the manufacturer to the customer. That money is rarely given to the dealer as that leaves the manufacturer open up to fraud.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They are sent to the dealer, but they are issued to the sold to name on the documents the dealer files with Ford. They send it to the dealer for the dealer to have another touch point with their customer. That's the same for any rebate or generally any money that comes from the manufacturer to the customer. That money is rarely given to the dealer as that leaves the manufacturer open up to fraud.

That is the way the finance manager at my dealer explained it to me. I have no reason to think my dealer won’t handle the price protection for my 1/29/21 order(first week res) fairly. The were 100% ethical with my 3/15/21 Bronco soft top delivery.

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ok, that isn't the way I understood it by people on here claiming they didn't receive it. I don't understand why everyone wouldn't receive it without issue then. But I'll take your word for it. 🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ok, that isn't the way I understood it by people on here claiming they didn't receive it. I don't understand why everyone wouldn't receive it without issue then. But I'll take your word for it. 🤷‍♂️
Yeah, likely the dealer slipped a form in there to assign the check to the dealer and they didn't explain it to the customer, essentially misrepresenting everything about the process.

lastsun

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Porsche 911, 2021 Ram 1500 Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi Everyone, I am taking delivery of my 2022 Bronco next week and I wanted to ask if I am eligible for price protection and ask how I should approach my dealer with this info.

I made my reservation 7/19/21, submitted the order 2/23/2022, and taking delivery 10/10/2022. My 2022 Bronco window sticker says the total MSRP is $61,320 and according to the flow chart it seems like I am eligible for $1750 price protection (correct me if I am wrong). Does this mean that I am supposed to pay $61,320 at the time of sale and get the $1750 back from the dealer once they process it through ford? Thank you!

Jayhawker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This isn’t true at all.

Broncobuster13

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
This. And...dealers will not be credited/rebated MSRP. They will be given a credit for what they were invoiced.
Difference between invoice cost plus taxes paid are not insignificant. It amazes me how shifty these assholes can be. Not all... but the ones who are arguing the price protection are taking profit for goods not delivered and Ford is poorly communicating procedures/expectations since they are the ones who are offering the price protection. Sure, maybe some are ignorant to the process, but I bet the majority are proclaiming ignorance in order to game the system.
Currently dealing with this through my dealer. Originally argued that retail protection didn’t exist, then pushed it out 3 months, then sent me $574 in place of the $1600 because “that’s what Ford sent us”. Zone rep was no help, currently working with a network director at corporate to hopefully get this to finally end.

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So I am a non reservation holder. I walked in and ordered a 22 MY on 12/21/21. My broncos blend date is next week and I just got my window sticker and it shows an increase from the paperwork I signed at the dealership when I ordered.
I am in the same boat as you. You get the price for which you signed off on when you ordered it. My dealer played dumb and tried to say I didn't qualify, but I do. Now, I did have to do some digging on my end and call Ford Marketing multiple times, but I ended up getting $2000 knocked off my base order. Basically, Ford will send your dealer a check for the price difference within 45 days of vehicle purchase.
Sponsored