First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
12" screen? I work in IT and stare at a screen for hours a day. So if I could get a Bronco without a screen - I would!
I couldn't agree more. I'm pretty frugal overall but if the Heritage Edition was manual with nothing but knobs and analogue gauges, they could get a lot of money from me. Especially if it looked like the renders posted in the other threads.

Doors off, top off. I want to feel like I'm driving in a deathtrap built before safety regulations!
Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
So, I know that many people are fond of these features and I do understand why.

BUT...

for me personally:

1. I really probably will never take the doors off. I feel that with the top removed, it gives enough of an open air feeling. I will keep the doors on for the arm rest factor, safety, and additional dust control. Just really don't see a reason for removing them.

2. I know the 12" screen is nice by those who have seen it, but I have no interest in a larger screen. Right now, I have enough screens and digital crap in my life that I am not looking to complicate it any further. I'm tired of all the digital life, cameras everywhere, etc. Just looking to keep things simple! Crank up the tunes and roll on down the road!

Anyone else in this boat?
1) I may take off the doors once just to try it, but not a feature that's important to me.
2) Since the NO screen option isn't available, I'll take the 8"

If I might add some stuff I don't care about
1) MGV or leather. Cloth works for me, especially in South Florida
2) Everything on all option packages except for Intelligent access & leather steering wheel.
3) G.O.A.T. Modes
4) Stickers and decals
5) front facing camera
6) Molle panels

Things that are awesome
1) 2.7L engine
2) ground clearance
3) differential lockers
4) trail turn assist
5) big tires
6) top comes off

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Massively over rated on the forums:
  • Bronco being a $60K vehicle. If your rig is $60K it's because you CHOSE for it to be a $60K vehicle.
  • Bronco being a $50K vehicle. See bullet point above.
  • 2.7 ltr engine
  • Lux package and all the "freeway technologies"
  • Needing 37 cup holders in an off-road vehicle that seats 4.5 people.
  • Any complaint about leather interior not having X or Y. It's cheap leather, enjoy your IKEA leather chair.
Mildly over rated:
  • 4-door storage space
  • Sasquatch package
    • Badlands MT is essentially sasquatch and the opportunity to pick better looking wheels and better performing tires for the same price
  • Tow package being late availability, any worthwhile off road shop will have a solution for you.

FerkinBlonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 KLR 650, 2022 Bronco Base (2dr/7mt/CO)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am not in your boat as I will be in a Bronco which is not a boat.

Really though, I'm with you on the doors. I'd be with you on the screen, too, if that were all the difference in stepping up to it. That 360 cam feature is way freaking cool, I'd be tempted to get the upgrade just for that if I was at all serious about doing offroad stuff on the regular.

Sponsored

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Overrated:

1. Leather and/or heated steering wheel.
2. Heated seats.
3. Leather seats.
4. Painted hardtops that aren’t white.
5. Giant screen.
6. Bragging about never taking doors off.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The screen size is just like monitor or TV shopping. In the store, you are comparing the smaller to the larger. Once home, whatever size you opted for no longer has something to compare it to, and is fine. Personally, the BD, hits all my wants, but there are folks in the household who want the 12 inch screen. Dumb. The doors, well I imagine after the first or second time they are removed, that will be the last.

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm trying to figure out why I would care what boat anybody is in.:unsure:

Mustang GTA

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base

BUT...

for me personally:

1. I really probably will never take the doors off. I feel that with the top removed, it gives enough of an open air feeling. I will keep the doors on for the arm rest factor, safety, and additional dust control. Just really don't see a reason for removing them.

2. I know the 12" screen is nice by those who have seen it, but I have no interest in a larger screen. Right now, I have enough screens and digital crap in my life that I am not looking to complicate it any further. I'm tired of all the digital life, cameras everywhere, etc. Just looking to keep things simple! Crank up the tunes and roll on down the road!

I agree totally.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
On MY2023 the doors & top will most likely be water-proof holograms.

Oh...and by the way, MY'23 will probably be out before MY'21.

Sponsored

JLC64UK

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 21 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

BUT...

for me personally:

Keep the doors off my Jeep as much as I can. Love the open air open road experience! So heck yeah the Bronco, just like the Jeep, will be as naked as I can get as often as possible.
12" screen is way better than anything I've seen thus far and when you get older you appreciate being able to see things in a larger view.

kbBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2019 Honda Rebel 300
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You know I’m somewhere in the middle here. There are certain “luxury” items I tossed on my build that I may or may not use, but I really wanted to give my Bronco some ability. Then there are items like the lux package, where the feature set is cool, but totally lost on me. So 86’d.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was pleased with the options the standard package brings.

It is way more than my current ride and even then there is stuff I'd probably drop, too, if I could.
Sponsored