Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1. I don't think I'll take the doors off too often. About once a year - and then put them on again in the fall.

2. I could go either way in the screen but I splurged for the big one.
Sponsored

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I will say this about the doors. They are not as easy to take on and off as a Wrangler. No matter how the videos make it look. When I went for one of the in person showings the guy putting the doors back on (due to rain) had a helluva time getting everything back together.

MoabRox

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Jeep XJs, Dodge M880, Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've never had a 4x4 with removable doors. So I'll have to wait and see if it's a novelty that quickly fades or a new lifestyle.

As for the 8" vs 12" screen, I'm definitely in the minority as I'd actually prefer NO screen. I don't need or want all the tech they pack into vehicles now days. To me it's unnecessary expense and more things to breakdown/repair in the long run. "Keep it simple, stupid" is my way of life!

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cup holders... the most overrated, IMO.

Sponsored

BRBUSTER72

Black Diamond
First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 XTERRA '16 SUPER DUTY '18 EQUINOX DIESEL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am definitely a member of the KISS (Keep it simple stupid) principle club. If I could get my BD without power windows or locks and no screen at all, I would be happy. It would save me money for more practical things. By the way, I am still struggling with the 20th century.

AZMikeL

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 2016 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Two words: After market Half doors!

OK, that's 4 words, but I'm getting the 4dr anyway.

Loved the 1/2 doors on my EB when the weather is nice (except that one time got caught in a monsoon rain bomb)

Civkik

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '18 Wrangler Rubicon, '18 R1M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've had three Wranglers over the years and loved taking the doors off. I ended up switching to a soft top, so I could see my Bronco sooner. It will be easy to drop the top and have the doors off. I don't really care about the big screen, but I wish I could have put the B&O stereo in all trim levels.

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
1. I actually prefer doors off vs top down if given a choice. So I'll be doing it a lot in the Bronco. I've had my Jeep going on 10 years and I still get enjoyment out of it. Had a REAL nice streak of weather just last week and had the doors off and the windows out of the soft top for 8 straight days. A real good run for our wet and dreary climate.

2. No 12 incher for me on the Base. Coming from a basic as you can get radio in the Jeep, not even bluetooth, the 8 incher will feel out of this world. I'm excited just to have Bluetooth, no more juggling aux cables and finally getting on screen/wheel controls

Sponsored

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Also very overrated: Early reservation time stamps.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1. I really probably will never take the doors off. I feel that with the top removed, it gives enough of an open air feeling. I will keep the doors on for the arm rest factor, safety, and additional dust control. Just really don't see a reason for removing them.

2. I know the 12" screen is nice by those who have seen it, but I have no interest in a larger screen. Right now, I have enough screens and digital crap in my life that I am not looking to complicate it any further. I'm tired of all the digital life, cameras everywhere, etc. Just looking to keep things simple! Crank up the tunes and roll on down the road!
I probably will take the doors off once because we can and it will be interesting to see what that's like. Unless I can get these, in which case, I'd leave those on most of the year:
Ford Bronco Things that are overrated... Bronco Sema - Cool Half-doors

I think you're look at the dash screen wrong. Unless you plan to completely ignore it entirely, in which case, go ahead and cover it with a piece of black plastic or something. Otherwise, why not be able to use it better? See things better? See more? The larger screen has some features where two things can be seen on the screen at the same time, where it is not possible on the smaller screen. That's usefulness.

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Cupholders 🥱

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So, I know that many people are fond of these features and I do understand why.

BUT...

for me personally:

1. I really probably will never take the doors off. I feel that with the top removed, it gives enough of an open air feeling. I will keep the doors on for the arm rest factor, safety, and additional dust control. Just really don't see a reason for removing them.

2. I know the 12" screen is nice by those who have seen it, but I have no interest in a larger screen. Right now, I have enough screens and digital crap in my life that I am not looking to complicate it any further. I'm tired of all the digital life, cameras everywhere, etc. Just looking to keep things simple! Crank up the tunes and roll on down the road!

Anyone else in this boat?
Yeaaaa you're right. You should cancel and get like a Kia or something.
Sponsored